KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Original Trilogy Changes

Original Trilogy Changes
Started by: Noola

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dirty Vader

Especialy if Mark Hamill says no, after all he said the line not Lucas. Why would he say Carrie in a film shoot? and why did they keep the scene if he realy said that?

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Episode IV: A New Hope
01. The Imperial March has been added to Darth Vader's first appearance on Princess Leia's ship.
02. When Obi-Wan is talking to Luke about his father Anakin's Theme plays in the background and then it turns into the Imperial March as he talks about Vader.
03. The lightsaber effects have been redone and the frame jumps of lightsabers being turned on has been removed.
04. There's a new scene which has been shot during the filming of Episode III in which the Emperor dissolves the Senate.
05. In the Cantina, the Duros (green aliens guys) have been replaced with Neimoidians and some aliens from the prequels have been added.
06. The bleeding arm on the floor in the Cantina has been replaced with a non-bleeding arm because it's now canon that lightsabers cauterize wounds.
07. The original shooting scene between Han and Greedo has been restored.
08. Jabba the Hutt has been given a makeover and Han no longer steps on his tale.
09. In place of R2 wobbling down the stairs to the Falcon's hangar, a CG R2 navigating the stairs like he does in Attack of the Clones was added.
10. The white boxes around space ships have been removed and new CG shots have been added.
11. The scene of the Falcon being chased by the two Star Destroyers was modified. The Falcon now does spinning moves, avoiding the Star Destroyers' fire.
12. When the Death Star destroys Alderaan there's a new scene of Yoda's reaction to the disturbance in the Force that is created by all those deaths and then it cuts to Obi-Wan reacting to it as well.
13. The Dianoga has gotten a CG makeover and were are now able to see more of the creature.
14. The Death Star's paneling and computers have been slightly altered to show similar displays to those in the prequels.
15. The words "Tractor Beam" with Aurebesh lettering.
16. More stormtroopers have been added to the Death Star.
17. Temuera Morrison's voice is being recorded for use with all the stormtroopers.
18. The Obi-Wan/Vader duel has been spruced up. It is much more epic and there is much more movement. A modified version of Duel of the Fates is being considered for the scene.
19. The Death Star plans that are taken from R2 have been updated. When the Rebels are reviewing the Death Star plans they look similar to the plans we see in Attack of the Clones.
20. The Death Star battle is much more epic with more Tie Fighters and more Rebels being blown to bits. We get to see old Naboo starfighters being used by the Rebels.
21. There's a new scene (shot during Episode III) where Darth Vader goes to Coruscant and lands his ship in the same building Count Dooku does at the end of Attack of the Clones. Except now the building is all fixed up and it is now Palpatine's palace. He meets with Palpatine to ask for forgiveness for his failure and inform him of a new potential who is strong in the Force.
22. Chewbacca now gets a medal.
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
01. The taun-tauns are now CG.
02. The battle of Hoth is much more epic. We see the Imperial ships land on Hoth and release AT-ATs. The AT-ATs have been sped up a bit. There's a ground battle between the Rebel soldiers and stormtroopers featuring new ships and vehicles.
03. Temuera Morrison's voice is being recorded for the older Boba Fett and all the stormtroopers.
04. The white boxes around space ships have been removed.
05. The slug monster is CG.
06. Ian McDiarmid has refilmed scenes as the Emperor. The conversations between Vader and Palpatine is now longer and features a few connections to the prequels.
07. Yoda's face is now animated in CG allowing more expression of emotions yet his movements remain the same. Also two deleted scenes featuring Yoda instructing Luke have been restored.
08. A new scene was shot in which the stormtroopers, after they capture Han, Leia and Chewie, bring Vader the box containing C-3PO in pieces. Vader orders the stormtroopers to bring the broken droid to Chewbacca's cell so that he can fix him.
09. The lightsaber effects have been redone in certain parts.
10. Luke's fall from Cloud City has been reshot against bluescreen using a stuntman.

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
01. Jabba the Hutt is now a combination of the puppet and CG.
02. The Rancor is CG and looks disgusting as ever.
03. Yoda is CG. Yoda disappears leaving his clothes behind like Obi-Wan now.
04. The ewoks are now mostly CG and there are a lot more of them.
05. The plan is to insert the love theme Across the Stars when Luke is talking with Leia about their mother.
06. Temuera Morrison's like before is now the voice for Boba Fett and all the stormtroopers.
07. In the battle of Endor there are thousands of Ewoks and they are more vicious than there midgets-in-suits counterparts. More bite the dust now.
08. White boxes around ships removed.
09. The black blotches around Palpatine's face are gone.
10. Some of the lightsaber effects have been redone. The shadows that the lightsabers made on the floor are gone.
11. During Anakin's death scene it starts with a sad rendition of the Imperial March and slowly evolves into Anakin's Theme.
12. Sebastion Shaw who played Anakin when he was unmasked has been replaced with Hayden Christenson in make-up to make him look older. Anakin has much more dialogue. He apologizes for the destruction he caused, he thanks his son for turning him back to the light, he tells his son to rebuild the Jedi and he says he loves him and his sister. Just before he dies he says, "It is finished...".
13. We see more planets celebrating at the end of the movie. We see an aged Jar Jar, who is now the leader of the Gungans, on Naboo celebrating with the people of Naboo and the Gungans. We see an old Watto, who is now unable to fly, sitting in a hover chair cheering on Tatooine. During these scenes Across the Stars plays transitioning to the victory celebration music at the Ewok tree village.
14. Anakin's spirit is now played by Hayden Christenson with make-up to make him look his age. He looks on proudly at his son Luke with the spirit of Padme by his side.

This is from TFN...these MAY be changes in the OT Ultimate Edition

I for one want to see most of these.

Take them as you will but remember these are NOT confirmed as of yet.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 06:10 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Vader
Especialy if Mark Hamill says no, after all he said the line not Lucas. Why would he say Carrie in a film shoot? and why did they keep the scene if he realy said that?

Mark says he didn't MEAN to say it, very different thing.

And ANH was shot rather more roughly than the others; stuff like that got left in.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 02:55 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hmm that does indeed look highly speculative, Lance.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 02:57 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

jeez those are awesome, I really love the music changes and the ROJ new Anakin would be a dream, as would the new celebration scenes. I hope he has time to do all of them.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 08:13 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Removing lightsabre shadows is unlikely- seeing as they deliberately put them in the Prequel films. They've always cast shadows

BtVS

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 03:06 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

i heard that in recent special screenings they already fixed the lightsabers in ANH, also, it would be cool to see boba flirting with that one alien wthout his helmet and then only throw it on when leia/boush pulled out the detonator.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 08:08 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

No, dont change the OT, keep it as IT IS. Lance wants to change the OT so that we can see all the films in their episode numbering (Ep1,2,3,4,5,6) instead of (Ep4,5,6,1,2,3). Doing prequels after sequels is a classic and should not be changed, especialy since most fans prefer The OT than the PT.

The OT is brilliant, the PT isnt. So you cant put something bad into something good, or else it wont be as good. But you can put something good into something bad, so that it gets better. If changes are to be made so that the two trilogies can fit very well together, than the PT should of had the adjustments since it came out later and isnt as good as the OT.

I'd hate to see Lucas mess up the OT with all those computer graphics and enhanced scenes, because it would ruin them and bring us too close to the PT. What makes the OT great is the ability to do scenes without all those computer graphics which are extremely over-used in the PT.

Lance_ Jar Jar in the OT, are you kidding me? That would realy ruin them. Plus I think he'll die in Episode III.

The only things they should change in the OT is the "tractor beam" and the targeting computer countdown.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 03:15 PM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

Though, I do agree that some changes that Lance mentioned would be good. Its just that in order for them to be made, there would have to be
a lot of computer graphics which would bring us terribly close to the PT, which is completely made of them and are its weakest point.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 03:20 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote:
Originally posted by LanceWindu

11. During Anakin's death scene it starts with a sad rendition of the Imperial March and slowly evolves into Anakin's Theme.

Are you KIDDING?! I LOVE that slow harp strain of the March when he dies! You can't change that part! blink

@ Dirty Vader:

I can understand where you are coming from on the CG overload in the PT. And the OT's stregth is indeed the ability to do what they did without CG help.

But the two trilogies really ARE meant to be veiwed in cronological order. I know I've taken this stand before, and I know I've been shot down, but that IS just how they are MEANT to work.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 05:59 PM
Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

I just feel that the PT should of had the adjustements to make a good chronological order and fit weel with the OT not the other way round.
The OT is perfect, whereas the PT sadly is a long way from perfection.
Therefore it is it, that should be remade.

I loved that low harp strain too, it brought a tear to my eye the first time I saw ROTJ.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 09:16 PM
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

[QUOTE]Originally posted by General Kaliero
[B]Are you KIDDING?! I LOVE that slow harp strain of the March when he dies! You can't change that part! blink

I AGREE!! Happy Dance

Though I adore how the Imperial March is expertly incorporated into Anakin's theme, NOTHING can replace that piece of music when he dies.

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 03:44 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

i agree also with the good general. however since the music at the end is still a little lame I think they could fit in anakin's theme and across the stars there. also would anyone else like to see these planets added to the fireworks show?-naboo(theed and gungan city), kamino, geonosis, Munnilist, Mon Calamari, Utapau, and Kashyyk (the clone wars and PT planets). Oh and the only problem with the PT is that all the scenes with discours and character development were cut. if they were added back in, the films would be pretty close in quality to the originals

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 04:13 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Removing lightsabre shadows is unlikely- seeing as they deliberately put them in the Prequel films. They've always cast shadows

Those are real shadows, I do believe. From watching the special features on TPM's DVD, they show them fighting with lightsabres that have a broom stick type of poll coming out of the handles. They may modify the shadows a bit with CG, but they use the real shadows for reference, and the scale length polls as well for reference and for locomotion purposes.

Last edited by Tired-Hiker on Nov 23rd, 2003 at 06:50 AM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 06:48 AM
Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

One more thing that should be added. Third shooting script of ANH had a quote from the journal of the whills that said ""... and in the time of greatest despair,
there shall come a savior, and he shall
be known as The Son of The Suns."

I'm guessing that this is the prophecy that predicted the coming of the chosen one. This should be included on the archival DVD releases prior to "A long time ago..." in episode 1. The son of suns is significant. suns are stars. the earth has two stars. one is our sun which many worshipped as a god and life-bringer the son of the sun would be christ. the second is venus, the evening star, known in latin as lucifer. So the son of suns is anakin skywalker and darth vader. nightmare and hope. the tragic fallen christ.

I write this as a scholar, not a missionary. I've lost all my beliefs, take this for its symbols

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 08:33 AM
yerssot

then it should be in TPM as Anakin and not Vader or Luke is the One

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 12:33 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
Those are real shadows, I do believe. From watching the special features on TPM's DVD, they show them fighting with lightsabres that have a broom stick type of poll coming out of the handles. They may modify the shadows a bit with CG, but they use the real shadows for reference, and the scale length polls as well for reference and for locomotion purposes.

I know the shadows are real- but instead of removing them, they actually intentionally tided them up with the cgi- the sabres are clealry meant to be casting shadows.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 03:33 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I like those theories, Lance.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 05:06 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

that's what i meant

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 08:08 AM
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

lance didn't say anything about taking out the string Imperial march when anakin dies, the thing said they would fade the end of the "sad imperial march" (ie-the string imperial march) INTO Anakins theme for transition. It won't be taken out, just added to. I would love this to add to the feeling that Anakin was redeemed.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 07:29 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote