KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Palpatines planning flaw

Palpatines planning flaw
Started by: sand person no. 10

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

Because it isn't finished they could fly in, but if it was finished to you think it would look the same? It would look like the exhaust pipe in ANH: very small

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 09:15 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, I do not think it looked the same at all, in any way.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Of course not, after they remove all the pipes it will look alike. The pipes could be there for a reason, like the one part of the DS has oxygen and stuff

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 09:21 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, under ANY circumstances whatsoever I do not think that that is the exhaust port.

Forget how it looks. Look at what we HAVE. What we have presented here is something very different. Without an on-screen reference to the exhaust port, saying that it is is simply making things up.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 09:27 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Remember that there is 5 years between ANH and ROTJ, so everything can change. I must say that I agree that I based the whole idea on loos ground, but if you are fighting a huge squadron and suddenly the shields fall out, the first thing I do would go in the exhaust pipe because it failed the first time, so the second time could fail also.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 09:32 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually, the first thing I would do is forget the port and fly through the whacking great hole in the side to get to the reactor...

BtVS

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 09:35 PM
yerssot

lol

Can anyone put the lines of Mon Mothma here when she is explaining the attack? My videorecorder broke down, so I can't see it.

I know she doesn't say: let's fly through the exhaust-pipe, but I can't remember how she calls the thing they fly through. (If you look at it: it devides the circle in 4 pieces)

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 09:40 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Mothma says little of relevance.

Ackbar says that the fighters must fly 'into the superstructure'.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 09:48 PM
yerssot

And superstructure isn't the same as what you're saying, they're flying in

Old Post Sep 1st, 2001 08:07 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes it IS actually, Yerssot., WHat do you THINK superstructure means? I will tell you what it is NOT; it is NOT the exhuast port.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 1st, 2001 11:35 AM
yerssot

Sorry, I ment this:
It is a part of the superstructure there in.
If you look at ANH you see the exhaust pipe has a little bumb in it, so it is not flat. It's like:

II__II

It's the same as in ROTJ

Old Post Sep 1st, 2001 04:57 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The words 'straws' and 'grasping' come to mind...

BtVS

Old Post Sep 1st, 2001 10:35 PM
KJ
Sausages

I've lost track of this argument and I don't know who has said what but here IS what happened in the Death Star battles.

In ANH the death star trench led to the exhaust port. To blow up the DS you had to fire torpedos into the exhaust port. The torpedos travelled along until they hit the MAIN REACTOR in the middle of the DS. This caused a chain reaction and it blew the DS.

In ROTJ there was no trench and there was no exhaust port. It hadn't been built yet. It might never have been built. Instead, the rebels could fly right in and blow up the MAIN REACTOR.

Which I think is the same weakness.

In ANH when the rebel leader thinks he's blown up the DS and then say's "it just impacted on the surface", he's talking about what we see in ROTJ. His torpedos hit the part that the Falcon flies through. They never made it all the way to the main reactor.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 05:44 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

We know that it is the same mistake, now we're talking about is this the exhaust-pipe or not.
btw: how do you know it wasn't built? I didn't know there was a checklist in the DS that we could see

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 05:59 PM
KJ
Sausages

quote:
how do you know it wasn't built?

Okay it might have been built. But the rebels didn't use the exhaust port even if it was there. They flew right into the DS centre. The Falcon did what the torpedos did in ANH.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 06:14 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I KNOW that they flew in the ds and I KNOW that the falcon did the rest.
Because the DS was incomplete you see pipes and stuff in the thing (exhaust pipe to me and others say no to that).

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 06:19 PM
KJ
Sausages

I'm agreeing with you I think.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 06:21 PM
yerssot

About the exhaust-pipe?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 06:33 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Not about the exhaust pipe, no.

Yerssot, there is simply no reason to think it is the exhaust pipe. There is NO association at all. It's really quite silly. If we were meant to think it was the exhaust pipe it would have been made clear. But that would have just been dumb and repetitive.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 10:04 PM
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

Talk about ignoring a flaw in the station.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 01:31 AM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote