KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Which is your favorite Bond villain ?

Which is your favorite Bond villain ?
Started by: Pablo G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

I have no idea, I hope he was related

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 10:30 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwing

Now there's a great villain I forgot: Telly Savalas as Blofeld in 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service'. He was the best Blofeld ever.

Last edited by starwing on Mar 30th, 2005 at 11:23 PM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 11:17 PM
starwing is currently offline Click here to Send starwing a Private Message Find more posts by starwing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwing

btw at the time when I wasn't expecting much from the Bond movies Jaws was interesting and fun.

Last edited by starwing on Mar 30th, 2005 at 11:26 PM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 11:18 PM
starwing is currently offline Click here to Send starwing a Private Message Find more posts by starwing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

but he didn't recognise bond anymore

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 11:23 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwing

But he did recognized trouble when he saw it--and also recognized a great Bond movie by Peter Hunt. wink

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 11:29 PM
yerssot

that's your view, I don't like OHMSS at all besides the heavy emotional ending stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 11:32 PM
starwing

Oh well--It's a good view nevertheless. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 11:34 PM
starwing

Btw I had the laser Thunderball edition some years ago, and in the audio commentary Peter Hunt (as the film editor on Thunderball) had some fascinating things to say about film editing in general, and I'll never forget hearing from him the word 'jump cut' for the first time.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 11:40 PM
Clovie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by yerssot
I have no idea, I hope he was related
i hope so too.
that's your view, I don't like OHMSS at all besides the heavy emotional ending stick out tongue
we have all the time in the world

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 11:47 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

what's a jump out exactly?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 05:57 PM
Clovie

*cough jump CUT cough* confused

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 06:05 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

details, clovie, details stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 07:07 PM
Clovie

but some details happen to be important m'dear sir.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 08:04 PM
yerssot

then they are not details, m'lady stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 08:59 PM
starwing

If I shoot a film of one person who rears back with his fist and then lunges forward and belts a person in the mouth, I have a 'full cut' of the film of that person in action. But say I want to speed him up a bit and to make the action more jolting and exciting—what a film editor could do (which is what Peter Hunt created) is cut the middle action (maybe a number of frames) of the man lunging forward so that what you only see is the man rearing back and then as he go into his lunge the cut ‘jumps’ to the end of his lunge as he smacks the guy in the mouth creating a jolt for that image--more faster and violent than the original full cut. Peter Hunt called this a ‘Jump Cut’.

You can see obvious examples of it in the final action scene in Thunderball where Bond is fighting Largo and his men in the speeding boat. You can also see it used in the beginning where bond is fighting the spy dressed as a women. And of course Hunt also used it in in the Bond/Grant fight in From Russia with Love, and it was also used extensively in OHMSS.

Peter Hunt did editing jobs for the Bond films for Dr. No and all the other early Bonds right up to You Only Live Twice--and then of course he directed OHMSS. After Hunt left the James Bond series the 'Jump Cut' technique doesn’t appear again until another editor brought it back for use in ‘the Spy Who Loved Me’.

(Btw, the worse use of 'Jump Cuts' I've ever seen was in Batman Forever where the jump-cutting is used so much and so heavily in the action sequences that you can't even see what's going on or figure out what is happening--it looks like complete visual confusion.)

Last edited by starwing on Apr 1st, 2005 at 06:21 AM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 06:08 AM
Clovie

then they are not details, m'lady stick out tongue
but they can be, tuts.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 02:26 PM
The Redeemer

Originally posted by starwing
If I shoot a film of one person who rears back with his fist and then lunges forward and belts a person in the mouth, I have a 'full cut' of the film of that person in action. But say I want to speed him up a bit and to make the action more jolting and exciting—what a film editor could do (which is what Peter Hunt created) is cut the middle action (maybe a number of frames) of the man lunging forward so that what you only see is the man rearing back and then as he go into his lunge the cut ‘jumps’ to the end of his lunge as he smacks the guy in the mouth creating a jolt for that image--more faster and violent than the original full cut. Peter Hunt called this a ‘Jump Cut’.

You can see obvious examples of it in the final action scene in Thunderball where Bond is fighting Largo and his men in the speeding boat. You can also see it used in the beginning where bond is fighting the spy dressed as a women. And of course Hunt also used it in in the Bond/Grant fight in From Russia with Love, and it was also used extensively in OHMSS.

Peter Hunt did editing jobs for the Bond films for Dr. No and all the other early Bonds right up to You Only Live Twice--and then of course he directed OHMSS. After Hunt left the James Bond series the 'Jump Cut' technique doesn’t appear again until another editor brought it back for use in ‘the Spy Who Loved Me’.

(Btw, the worse use of 'Jump Cuts' I've ever seen was in Batman Forever where the jump-cutting is used so much and so heavily in the action sequences that you can't even see what's going on or figure out what is happening--it looks like complete visual confusion.)

Film censors use the jump cut extensively too. The problem being, in their case, whole scenes vanish. The British Board of Film Censors are notorious for this. The viewer can more times than not see the cut and are left frustrated.

I remember watching EXTERMINATOR 2 years ago with a mate and it was so badly cut that we ended up seeing who could shout CUT!!! the fastest everytime one occured!

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 06:46 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

ah, thanks starwings smile that would explain some of those "jumps" I always thought was due to "fastforwarding" of the editors or something

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 08:39 PM
starwing

Nooooo problem-o. smile

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 05:38 AM
yerssot

though overdoing it would be overkill too... I just saw a chinese film that overdid it blink

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 05:31 PM