KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Jedi Mind Tricks

Jedi Mind Tricks
Started by: Ken Kenobi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

This is explained BUT it is eu, but almost said in every book so I guess it's not that bad:

Valorum told them to help Amidala, not letting her killed, Valorum didn't asked to help with a war, he asked to help her. THAT was there mission, nothing else.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2001 05:28 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Viseus
Philosopher

I suppose this is a bit EU, but do any of you know how common it is for species to be immune to jedi mind tricks? We know of the toydarians and the hutts, but are there others? If there are only a handfull of known species with this immunity, I would assume that all jedis would learn about them. If there are hundreds, it would be understandable that one didn't know of them all.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 11:37 AM
Click here to Send Viseus a Private Message Find more posts by Viseus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

there are also a lot of unknown species, like in the Deep Core section, so it's difficult, and you can't study everything, not only about the species but everything!
Perhaps, they had no pictures with some species...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 11:39 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I think a Jedi using his powers to free Jar Jar and get transport is one thing but using them to trick an entire species to fight and die is another.

If Qui-Gon used a mind trick to get the Gungans to fight then he would be just like a Sith.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 02:57 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

good point, but I find it a shame that you can't get the EU involved in it.

But you can say that he got the mission to defend the queen and NOT starting a war; because the queen wasn't near it than

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 03:38 PM
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

I thought that his sole mission as defined by the Council was to defend Amidala. I had no authority to try and take ou the Trade Federation.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 04:48 PM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

that's what I ment...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 05:22 PM
KJ
Sausages

But it wouldn't have been right for him to trick the Gungans into fighting anyway. Especially as some of them died.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 06:01 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

why that? Jedi's are supposed to respect every lifeform (well, after OB1 that is wink ) so they can't do that for the fun of it

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 06:18 PM
FireMaster
Yuppon Gatana ******

huh?

well this is about a jedi trick, it ain't mind trick but still a jedi trick

the force choke
yerssot just told me luke uses it in ROTJ

I am wondering where exactly

and isn't force choke a darkside trick??

The Yuppon Gatana

Old Post Oct 27th, 2001 03:56 PM
Click here to Send FireMaster a Private Message Find more posts by FireMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Technically, there is no such thing as a Dark Side 'power', I mean there is just the Force, and how you use it. Choking is just using telekinesis to strangle someone.

But there are just things Light Side Jedi won't DO with the Force, whereas someone as callous as Vader would, focussing his hate in order to use the Force to directly kill someone.

Meanwhile, Luke a. didn't kill the guards with it and b. he was meant to be morally dubious in ROTJ.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 27th, 2001 04:02 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FireMaster
Yuppon Gatana ******

okie

good enough of a reply

and ush. I know there is just the force but things only the dark side use are in simple dark side tricsk

The Yuppon Gatana

Old Post Oct 27th, 2001 04:07 PM
Click here to Send FireMaster a Private Message Find more posts by FireMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

where does this bring the Force-choke?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2001 04:27 PM
KJ
Sausages

Like Ush said, we weren't meant to know for sure if Luke was going to stay on the good side in ROTJ. He's dressed completely in black and uses the choke hold which we saw so much from Vader in ESB.

Everything looked like he was on the edge right up until the last scenes where he threw his sabre away.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2001 05:27 PM
yerssot

but still he used something that only dark jedis do and he came back...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2001 05:38 PM
KJ
Sausages

Came back from where?

The choke hold was meant to make us think that he might turn to the dark side.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2001 06:11 PM
yerssot

He choked the guards and he wasn't turned to evil...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2001 06:17 PM
KJ
Sausages

Did you expect him to?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2001 07:00 PM
yerssot

an evil Luke? would be great I think...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2001 07:08 PM
FireMaster
Yuppon Gatana ******

well as far as I'm concerned he didn't choke the guards I think there is room to discuss that but it doesn't matter luke was on the good side after all, and I never doubted it really.

BtW luke his black suit is kinda cool I think

The Yuppon Gatana

Old Post Oct 28th, 2001 09:56 AM