KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » What's the best Sci Fi film ever made?

best science fiction movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
star wars 88 67.69%
2001: a space odissety 23 17.69%
Blade runner 19 14.62%
Total: 130 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What's the best Sci Fi film ever made?
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tex
Yumsz

What's the best Sci Fi film ever made?

It doesn't have to be a SW film, but of course mine is: The Empire Strikes Back, the second and third best in my opinion would have to be Metropolis and 2001 A Space Odyssey.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 10:36 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

well, Star Wars obvioulsy. But other than SW I really like Stargate and AI was the best movie I've seen in a VERY long time.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 03:38 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Most definatly SW. Other than that I would have to say Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 04:52 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

4 Star Wars Movies
Terminator 2
Galaxy Quest
Dark City
Starship Troopers
Twelve Monkeys
POTA

and lots of others I can't think of just now.

The worst is The Fifth Element

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 01:25 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phinney6
consiglieri

SW
Star Treks....I II IV VI VIII

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 02:34 PM
phinney6 is currently offline Click here to Send phinney6 a Private Message Find more posts by phinney6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Alien 1,2, and 3. Contact, Deep Impact.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 05:10 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

2001 and Blade Runner once we get past SW, I think

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 06:55 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I've never been able to watch Blade Runner all the way through. I'd really like to but it bores me a bit.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2001 04:47 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

To be sure, Blade Runner is not a thrill a minute, but it is really, really good.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 29th, 2001 10:20 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

If your going to see it King Jedi, make sure you see the directors cut, it's much better.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2001 03:16 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

Jurassic Park.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 01:57 AM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Would you class that as Sci-Fi? I suppose it is when you think
about it.

Can you get the directors cut of Blade Runner on DVD?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 07:20 PM
Tex
Yumsz

The DVD is the directors cut. It is one of the worst DVD's in my collection, the quality is very poor, and theres really no special features, it's a really bad! It was one of the first DVD's the studio released. It's double sided one side is wide screen and the other full screen, but the DVD still sucks major booty sad

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 07:45 PM
KJ
Sausages

Do all DVD players have a widescreen/ normal option?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 05:17 PM
Tex
Yumsz

It's not up to your DVD player, it's up to the actual DVD. Most DVD's are in the widescreen format, with the black bars on the top and bottom, very few DVD's let you choose full screen, so far I have only 2 of them, Bladerunner and Toy Story 2. The wide screen is much better anyways.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 07:46 PM
KJ
Sausages

Not if you don't have a widescreen T.V. All DVD's should have the option.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 02:11 PM
Viseus
Philosopher

Hm, Blade Runner (director's cut) is the best sci-fi movie ever in my oppinion. That final scene on the roof, in the rain, was just wonderful. Sure, ESB is very enjoyable and has immense sentimental value for me. But still, when one tries to look objectively at it...it's not really as good as Blade Runner, or a few other great sci-fi movies. (I realize this is probably not the smartest place to make a statement like this, but it's my integrity at stake, dammit!)

Old Post Sep 10th, 2001 03:57 PM
Viseus is currently offline Click here to Send Viseus a Private Message Find more posts by Viseus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

ESB is the best movie I have ever seen.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 07:01 PM
Tex
Yumsz

It's #3 on my list smokin'

Old Post Sep 18th, 2001 06:31 PM
Hypernova

Someone mentioned Vanilla Sky was a sci-fi.

Mine is similar to Ush... but I don't have SW as my # 1.

2001 and Blade Runner thumb up

I seem to be stuck on Contact and 12 Monkeys at the moment eek!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 03:35 AM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote