KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » What's the best Sci Fi film ever made?

best science fiction movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
star wars 88 67.69%
2001: a space odissety 23 17.69%
Blade runner 19 14.62%
Total: 130 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What's the best Sci Fi film ever made?
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
headless robot

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul
Nah, Avatar doesn't take the best not even for current Sci Fi movies. District 9 takes that current title since Aliens.

I'd take aliens over district 9

district 9 was great but I can't see myself wanting to watch it as much as I still enjoy aliens

avatar, not even close... after the eye candy it doesn't have much else going for it.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 01:07 PM
headless robot is currently offline Click here to Send headless robot a Private Message Find more posts by headless robot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Originally posted by The Nuul
Nah, Avatar doesn't take the best not even for current Sci Fi movies. District 9 takes that current title since Aliens.

Hell no. The best science fiction film of 2009 could only be Moon. The best since Aliens, in my opinion, would probably Terminator 2.

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 03:19 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anansi

umm hard choices but im stickin with Blade Runner

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 04:59 AM
Anansi is currently offline Click here to Send Anansi a Private Message Find more posts by Anansi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Ireally like the story of Event Horizon, there are a few sci-fis that have awsome premis but are executed badly.

Id have to say Blade Runner for this thread, Aliens defo in the top 5 as is Minority Report. But thats mainly because PKD pwns the scifi genre HARD.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 07:44 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rakugaki
wild zero

Whaaat? No love for Battlefield Earth?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 06:04 AM
rakugaki is currently offline Click here to Send rakugaki a Private Message Find more posts by rakugaki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That movie was crap.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 06:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rakugaki
wild zero

philistine

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 07:01 AM
rakugaki is currently offline Click here to Send rakugaki a Private Message Find more posts by rakugaki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Juk3n
Ireally like the story of Event Horizon, there are a few sci-fis that have awsome premis but are executed badly.

Id have to say Blade Runner for this thread, Aliens defo in the top 5 as is Minority Report. But thats mainly because PKD pwns the scifi genre HARD.

Event Horizon was shit and so was Minority Report.

My picks would be ALL Star wars Star Treks 1-4 6 and 8 and 11
transformers 1. terminator movies, matrix movies alien and aliens, predator predator 2

Last edited by darthmaul1 on Jan 11th, 2010 at 07:57 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 07:54 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Short Circuit
Wall-E
ST First Contact
Robocop

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 09:51 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

there is way too many to name

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 10:40 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Event Horizon was shit and so was Minority Report.

My picks would be ALL Star wars Star Treks 1-4 6 and 8 and 11
transformers 1. terminator movies, matrix movies alien and aliens, predator predator 2

I liked both Even Horizon and Minority Report.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 07:51 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craigisnutter

I'd definately have to say the Star Wars movies are up there.

Blade Runner is monumental.

Alien and Aliens are still to this day nerve rattling and so dark, they have to get a mention.

Arguable wether it's science fiction, but i've got a guilty pleasure for the Tremours films. They are fictional, biological creatures, so surely sci-fi?

2001 is an immense film.

District 9 is quite an impressive pice of cinema. Getting that sort of emotional responce from a viewer, in a sci-fi movie, towards a quite hideous alien race...quite impressive.

Fifth Element is a fave of mine....can't quite work out why though. Could watch it over and over.

Starship Troopers is good fun.

Those are my top sci-fi's off the top of my head.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 11:20 PM
Craigisnutter is currently offline Click here to Send Craigisnutter a Private Message Find more posts by Craigisnutter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Re: What's the best Sci Fi film ever made?

Originally posted by Tex
It doesn't have to be a SW film, but of course mine is: The Empire Strikes Back, the second and third best in my opinion would have to be Metropolis and 2001 A Space Odyssey.

the first two star wars movies A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back are the best sci fi movies ever made,hands down,no contest.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 09:51 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultraviolence
Restricted

Account Restricted

My favorites would have to be 2001, Alien, Planet of the Apes, Moon and Star Wars.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 09:16 AM
Ultraviolence is currently offline Click here to Send Ultraviolence a Private Message Find more posts by Ultraviolence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

"Willow" and "Star Wars"

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 04:00 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Moon was a piece of crap, my god was that stupid.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2010 09:09 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

erm Care to explain why?

smokin' I would have to say Alien 2,I enjoyed the star wars movies but think they are the most overrated movies in the world

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 07:02 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I think the problem here is the viewer, not the film.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 08:40 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I think the problem here is the viewer, not the film.

beer I have too agree

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 08:43 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by K.Diddy
erm Care to explain why?

smokin' I would have to say Alien 2,I enjoyed the star wars movies but think they are the most overrated movies in the world

For me it was too much hype about how good it was, and there was no big mystery once he found himself, i knew it was a clone. it was quite a basic film.

on another note i just watched district 9 and i enjoyed that with the exception of a couple of parts. Like what was the guys plan after he knocked out the prawn and tried to take the ship to the mother ship. was he hoping to figure out how to fix himself?

If the Navi in avatar had the same color tones as the prawns avatar may of been better. the prawns looked more realistic than the navi.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 04:44 PM