KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » What's the best Sci Fi film ever made?

best science fiction movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
star wars 88 67.69%
2001: a space odissety 23 17.69%
Blade runner 19 14.62%
Total: 130 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What's the best Sci Fi film ever made?
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

2001 A Space Oddessy, Clockwork Orange, Star Wars

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 03:58 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

hmm, im thinking, wut would be the best sci fi thriller?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 03:45 PM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

What's the best Sci Fi film ever made? Empire strikes back

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 06:22 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

best sciense fiction movie?

In your opinion, what is the best science fiction movie of these ones? i love the three , but i preffer star wars because it was more entertainnig. But 2001 and blade runner are two masterpieces. your opinion?

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 08:21 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"2001", I feel, is sorely overrated. It's just a slow movie, with nice visuals, but it's only real appeal is in HAL. The rest is just filler. 2010 was much more entertaining.

"Blade Runner", I couldn't get through, personally. I may revisit it someday.

I did chose "Star Wars". It just appeals to so many people on so many levels. Inventive special efffects, unique characters, elaborate costumes and set design, and a simple story with a great message. It just works, and it's always bee na big part of my life.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 09:11 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

That's a very small poll. Personally I have a ton of Sci-Fi favorites. So is kinda hard to pick one above all.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 09:43 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

The Matrix (first one), although I'm sure there are several better ones, I just haven't seen them

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 10:08 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

Star Wras

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 11:18 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Alien or Aliens

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 11:20 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

2001 was one of the most boring movies I've ever seen and I wasn't too thrilled with Blade Runner either so I say Star Wars (between those three that is).

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 11:24 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Myth
2001 was one of the most boring movies I've ever seen and I wasn't too thrilled with Blade Runner either so I say Star Wars (between those three that is).

Ditto. If I have to pick from those. Sci Fi is my genre, so picking favorites is like deciding which of my kids I love more.

Not that I have kids, but, you know.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 11:33 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I am so glad to be in the presence of people who share my opinion on 2001. This was one of the slowest paced movies out there. It was an hour to long. When the movie is over the only thing your left with is Why did i sit through this, for a metaphor?

As for the best sci-fi movie. I think you owuld be hard pressed to find a better written and executed movie or movies than the original star wars trilogy. those movies have everything from diverse characters to envoking a number of your emotions.

Blade runner is another flick that i had a hard time accepting. Growimg up i would always watch the movie, though i loved the concept and acting i couldnt help but be bored by the pace of the movie. A great Sci-fi flick none the less

My personal favorite Sci-fi movie without argument is Aliens. This has it all,, for you sci-fi lovers. some of the best characters out there, Great one-liners and near perfect story set up. It still reins to be one of the most suspensfull movies for me if not the most. After aliens goes to the matrix

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 05:43 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Dude.. all of you Dune hands down eek! any of you that says otherwise dude.... i pitty you.....

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 06:11 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

The book is amazing but the movie is long and slaughters the original story. You seriously believe that the film Dune is a greater peice of cinematic entertainment than star wars? I think i would have to pity that opinion

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 06:18 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I just want to point out that Special Effects aren't need to make a great Sci-Fi movie. For example there is a film called Stalker and it has none whatsoever Special Effects, but the storyline and the dialogues are superb!

Take away all the Special effects from some of the most overrated Sci-Fi films and you get a very empty film. Please take note of also that eXistenZ doesn't have over the top Special Effects, but it delivers a real good Sci-Fi Thriller.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 03:52 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

wtf.. where is terminator

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 04:30 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
The book is amazing but the movie is long and slaughters the original story. You seriously believe that the film Dune is a greater peice of cinematic entertainment than star wars? I think i would have to pity that opinion

Extrodinarily true big grin but Star wars is not really very original story wise. It just steals stories and peices them together and its effects and the spectical is the only thing it has... Dune the movie still retains most of the books essence and its story is beyond original..... and come one it doesn't really rely on special effects laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 05:26 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

How can you say that Star wars isnt original. At the time there was nothing like it. Indeed the story was inspired by many different genres and tales, but inspired is the key word. Any film or story is inspired by somthing, somthing that you can say that it was stolen from.Even Dune was inspired by somthing, though i would say that the original story is one of if not the most riginal stories, but i think star wars gives us a more personal experience. Star Wars at the time was a special effects killer., but it is the story that makes it one of the most memorable and engrossing movies out there. Today the star war effects can be duplicated by spending 50$ at a dollar store, yet it is the story that gives it such an impact. I agree with dancer as im sure most people do on the point that it is a story that makes a good movie not just a sci-fi story. Unfortunately when it comes to sci-fi movies, all the best stories dont get made because they cant get a mind boggling budget for special effects.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 06:14 PM
Zerosparx

Well I have to go with Star Wars. Although really I would choose Aliens if it were in the poll. It builds upon the first but doesnt ruin it. It expands the multiple alien concept that the first did'nt consider (Not to mention I love the Alien.)

And giving respect to the classics in thrid would be Metropolis, an old silent movie directed by Fritz Lang. Extremly engrossing considering it is a silent movie.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 11:21 PM
Zerosparx is currently offline Click here to Send Zerosparx a Private Message Find more posts by Zerosparx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

I'm reminded of another poll I saw recently.

Would you rather:

a) receive a cookie and five dollars

b) have your head chopped off

c) have your head chopped off and set on fire

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 11:28 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote