KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » What's the best Sci Fi film ever made?

best science fiction movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
star wars 88 67.69%
2001: a space odissety 23 17.69%
Blade runner 19 14.62%
Total: 130 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What's the best Sci Fi film ever made?
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

The Original Star Wars movies.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 11:29 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spitback
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star wars

15 months untill a big hard kick in the nuts up top family guy below a screenshots of big hard kick in the nuts.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 11:49 PM
Spitback is currently offline Click here to Send Spitback a Private Message Find more posts by Spitback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Without a doubt Star Wars and I see I am not alone.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 01:10 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Here is the deal: I love Bladerunner and 2001 proved that you could have a sci-fi movie as a drama so respect due - but what you kids with your deeveeedees can't understand is that back in the 70's when the first stills came out in the press… that cockpit shot of the falcon with Kenobi and luke behind han and chewie … a big hairy traditionally fanged monster was inside the spaceship.

Up to that point the big hairy creatures belonged OUTSIDE the ship attacking the heros. This monster was inside the ship. This monster was sitting down. This monster wasn't just one of the heros it was the ****ing co-pilot.

Star Wars changed the landscape - like I say, you younguns will never know.

Star Wars all the way.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 01:58 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

Chrinicles of Riddick

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 02:45 AM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

Star Wars, definitley.

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 07:30 AM
Lyn is currently offline Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote:
Originally posted by BloomBabyGirl
Chrinicles of Riddick
you know, thats not funny because there are actually people out there who believe Riddick is the greatest thing since sliced bread. thats just...sad laughing out loud mad Happy Dance smokin'

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 07:49 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who?

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 07:54 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

unfortunatley i know people that believe pitch black are just amazing, amazing movies over one's such as aliens, predator, blade runner, back to the future, etc..etc...Obviously people liked this movie bcause the movie did well, and is going to most likely get a third.As much as i like vin diesle. I think he should stay away from science fiction.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 09:36 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nemo
ocean and sea

hey, is Gattaca counted as sci-fi?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 11:41 AM
nemo is currently offline Click here to Send nemo a Private Message Find more posts by nemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

they...r..gonna..have...a..third...movie.... thats stupid cuz mostly evry1 thinks chronicles of riddick sucked so what the point of making a third one?

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 04:52 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

The first Matrix by far, 2001 was pretty sweet also.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 05:04 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

Well, if these are the choices... then I'll stick with Blade Runner. Throw Aliens and Empire Strikes Back in there, however, and then I've got a problem...

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 05:08 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dario Argento
Master of Horror

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
Please take note of also that eXistenZ doesn't have over the top Special Effects, but it delivers a real good Sci-Fi Thriller.

yes

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 05:22 PM
Dario Argento is currently offline Click here to Send Dario Argento a Private Message Find more posts by Dario Argento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Dark Lady
Batman's My Hero!

How about Stargate: The movie? Or Eight-Legged Freaks? Just throwing out a few more suggestions... Cuz My dad made me sit through BOTH Space Oddesy movies and the entire time the knives in the kitchen were lookin' real good to me! And I haven't seen the other one... But Star Wars was classic, so I'd have to go with that.

rock rock devil geek pirate

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 12:37 AM
The Dark Lady is currently offline Click here to Send The Dark Lady a Private Message Find more posts by The Dark Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I wouldnt consider eight legged freaks a movie worth mentioning at ALL no matter what genre you want to throw it in. Stargate started out really well, but turned into a sloppy B movie. (decent concept though)

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 01:01 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
unfortunatley i know people that believe pitch black are just amazing, amazing movies over one's such as aliens, predator, blade runner, back to the future, etc..etc...Obviously people liked this movie bcause the movie did well, and is going to most likely get a third.As much as i like vin diesle. I think he should stay away from science fiction.

"Pitch Black", in my humble opinion, is indeed a fantastic Sci Fi movie and Twohy deserves alot of credit for his direction. You can check my reviews as to why I say that. I big part of it has to do with the direction and extremely innovative cinematography.

As for "Chronicles of Riddick". I love the Riddick character, as well the singular franchise. While nominal Sci Fi franchises just wither away in theatres nowadays, it sure was nice seeing epic Science Fiction back on the big screen.

It's a rather under-appreciated movie, much like "Underworld". Unfortunately, it's all because of some ignorant prejudice towards Vin Diesel's acting capabilities.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 02:17 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I never said i diddnt like pitch black.I think it is a great flick, but nothing special. I was pointing out the fact that i know people who put this movie over the greats. I diddnt however like chronicles of Riddick, i know it is an original sequal, because it is just a sequal on a character and not a particular story, i just dont think it worked out very well and found myself bored more times than not. I dont think it is the worst thing out there, but defiantly not in contention with the greats. Vin diesel isnt a bad actor, every generation needs a sterotyped action star. I believe diesel fits this job perfectly, oh yeah he can also act out his characters very well, even if they are simple. I think he is talented actor for his avenue in the business, just as long as he doesnt try and diversify like everyone in hollywood ends up doing. I think he is far better than the rock, infact i hope the Rock dies of a terrible horrible painful brain stroke

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 04:40 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I think he is talented actor for his avenue in the business, just as long as he doesnt try and diversify like everyone in hollywood ends up doing.

He's done drama, animation, Sci Fi, action, etc. May want to check his credentials on IMDB.com. People forget his two best dramatic roles in "Knockaround Guys" and "A Man Apart".

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 04:52 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

His best dramatic roles? Pretty much his only dramatic roles. And even then, they're his best, still poor by the standards of good actors.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 05:07 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote