KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » What's the best Sci Fi film ever made?

best science fiction movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
star wars 88 67.69%
2001: a space odissety 23 17.69%
Blade runner 19 14.62%
Total: 130 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What's the best Sci Fi film ever made?
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Redeemer

quote:
Originally posted by julibug
I sometimes think I'm the ONLY one here who likes Star Trek. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fear not...there's a transporter beam here! Just bought season one of ST-TOS on disc...now there's a way to do a box set! I'm not a fan of the later spin offs. TNG has grown on me...but there's only one ST for me...

I thought ST NEMESES was a poorly rendered ripoff of the excellent BALANCE OF TERROR. Now, why they could'nt have chosen a classic, EMMY award winning episode like CITY ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER or THE DOOMSDAY MACHINE is beyond me...

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 04:40 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

I was extremely disappointed in Nemesis. I like all the other ST movies. I should probably have included ST4: The Journey Home on my list as well, as it is the movie that pulled me into the whole Star Trek Universe to start with. Then I had to go back & watch 1-3. I started watching the tv series, too. I haven't seen all of TOS, but I've seen all of TNG & Voyager. I haven't been able to watch much of Enterprise, so I've not kept up with it. But I do like all the movies. I just would've done something completely different than what they did with Nemesis.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 06:49 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shellspeare
postaholic

Bladerunner

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 07:58 PM
shellspeare is currently offline Click here to Send shellspeare a Private Message Find more posts by shellspeare Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

quote:
Originally posted by julibug
I was extremely disappointed in Nemesis. I like all the other ST movies. I should probably have included ST4: The Journey Home on my list as well, as it is the movie that pulled me into the whole Star Trek Universe to start with. Then I had to go back & watch 1-3. I started watching the tv series, too. I haven't seen all of TOS, but I've seen all of TNG & Voyager. I haven't been able to watch much of Enterprise, so I've not kept up with it. But I do like all the movies. I just would've done something completely different than what they did with Nemesis.

NEMESES would have made a watchable hour long episode on one of the ST spin-offs IMO...dragged out to almost two hours it became a very, very predicable bore...

It was almost as if the makers had run out of imagination...which they probably had...a hefty dose of HELLRAISER, a dash of THE ROAD WARRIOR and a bit of BALANCE OF TERROR...

And no Whorf nude at that wedding in the end...??? Very, very disappointing!!! Never mind a certain Ms Troi being in the same predicament!

shifty

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 08:10 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Empire Strikes Back
ANH & ROTJ (tie)
ATOC & TPM (tie)
Star Trek The Wrath of Kahn
Alien
Close Encounters
Logans Run
Blade Runner
the first Terminator

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 03:55 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zinh

quote:
Originally posted by The Redeemer
Fear not...there's a transporter beam here! Just bought season one of ST-TOS on disc...now there's a way to do a box set! I'm not a fan of the later spin offs. TNG has grown on me...but there's only one ST for me...

I thought ST NEMESES was a poorly rendered ripoff of the excellent BALANCE OF TERROR. Now, why they could'nt have chosen a classic, EMMY award winning episode like CITY ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER or THE DOOMSDAY MACHINE is beyond me...

another trekkie here stick out tongue

Hated the latest trek films. Loved First Contact and Generations(cept kirk dieing sad) TNG was a great series. The others didn't have as good of characters =\

As far as some of my favorite sci-fi movies:

Starwars OT
Star Treks
The Abyss
Event Horizon
ET

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 07:53 AM
zinh is currently offline Click here to Send zinh a Private Message Find more posts by zinh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i think to many star trek movies have been made for them to be fun to watch sad

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 09:34 AM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

quote:
Originally posted by ladygrim

You may be right, although I would enjoy just one with the Voyager crew.

I thought of a couple more sci fi films that I liked: The 13th Floor & ExistenZ.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 01:06 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

some are good .. i couldnt watch all of them... sad

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 01:29 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

1. Star Wars.A New Hope
2.Empire Strikes Back.
3.The Terminater
4.Terminater 2
5.star trek 4.
6.star trek 3
7.star trek 5.
8.star trek 1
9star trek 6
10.star trek 2

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2004 03:44 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by ladygrim

just think of them as two hour long tv shows instead of movies and they are tv episodes. big grin

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2004 03:45 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Star Wars is my favorite, for sure...with ESB being my favorite SW movie yes After that I'd have to say 2001. There's a few others but those ones are the ones that came to mind.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 03:59 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

Despite it's twenty year plus age tag, BLADE RUNNER has to be THE GREATEST science fiction film ever...the combination of humanity, *futuristic* ideas and design and hard edged *action* has never been equaled since...

So unlike "BINnortiy Report".

sick

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 05:41 PM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
2001 A Space Odyssey, Clockwork Orange, Star Wars

Agree 100%

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 07:34 PM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Any of the star war movies

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 07:47 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theReject

Stargate

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 05:14 AM
theReject is currently offline Find more posts by theReject Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mikeydude
Cleveland is the Reason.

i think (if anyones ever heard of it) roswell is the best altho it was on t.v. i still think it was the best
yes yes yes

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 01:25 AM
mikeydude is currently offline Click here to Send mikeydude a Private Message Find more posts by mikeydude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jediheroluke
your new empire

star wars star wars star wars star wars star wars star wars star wars star wars star wars ya best movie ever

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 05:53 AM
jediheroluke is currently offline Click here to Send jediheroluke a Private Message Find more posts by jediheroluke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jediheroluke
your new empire

dudes star wars rock my sci-fi world

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 05:54 AM
jediheroluke is currently offline Click here to Send jediheroluke a Private Message Find more posts by jediheroluke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dude_The_Man
Protoman Unmasked

Not really a Movie per-se but I say the Red Dwarf series. The funniest series in the history of... words. SMEGHEADS. Hehe.

If Protoman ever removed his mask... There i'de be.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 04:13 AM
Dude_The_Man is currently offline Click here to Send Dude_The_Man a Private Message Find more posts by Dude_The_Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote