KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Architect/SOURCE

Architect/SOURCE
Started by: JediHDM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It doesn't work like that. They can't trick him- he has to make the choice. The doors are as much symbolic as they are literal.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 02:24 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

the machine mainframe
where you must go, where the path of the one ends

i think this machine mainframe is located in the real world not within the matrix at all, the architects room is a sort of go between (just as limbo, possibly how he got there) thats why he was given the choice to go back into the matrix.

we know neo is travelling to 01, so i think he has to go to the source via the real world, because the path of the one does end there, the oracle is always right. he will become one with the matrix.

source - literally; the beginning. mother, eve?

but say the architects room was the source, and he had to return their, it could be heaven. the white glow - stars shot would make sense as to where heaven exists in no apparent place in the universe.

'The ascension doesn't mean Jesus went from one place to another within the created universe. Removal from sight, not departure from earth, is its true significance. What happened at his ascension was no different from what happened during the prior 40-day period when he would vanish from their sight now and then. It did not mean that he had gone somewhere. He simply disappeared and reappeared from time to time. His final removal from sight had to be so convincing that they would no longer expect him to return until his final appearing at the end of time'

this could connect mobil ave and the architects room. satan tempted (although this happened before the resurrection, it was the first recorded event after john baptised him)

The baptism of Jesus confirms the doctrine of the trinity. Besides John the Baptist, there are 3 individuals presented in the baptism:
• God the Father in Heaven
• Jesus the son of God, and
• the Holy Spirit descending from Heaven.
The godhead consists of 3 beings: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Following the baptism, Mark indicated that the Spirit "immediately" led Jesus into the wilderness.
The word "wilderness" refers to deserted areas in the unpopulated wilds of Palestine. It is often translated as "desert." Mark indicates Jesus was "with the wild beasts," presumably isolated from the distractions of humanity (Mark 1:13).

you could interpret the wilderness as mobil ave, or as something in the real world

then there is the 40 days and nights...

The danger of this temptation was not in making bread. Jesus was not under a prohibition from miraculously creating food. On two occasions Jesus used his power to create bread for a multitude of people (see Mark 6:35-44, Mark 8:1-21).
The real peril lay in Satan's proposed reason for creating bread. That reason being "If you are the Son of God." Satan was challenging Christ's credentials.

'Then the devil took Him into the holy city; and he had Him stand on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, "If you are the Son of God throw yourself down. For it is written, 'He will give His angels charge concerning you,' and, 'On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone." - Matthew 4:5-6'

Again, the devil took Him to a very high mountain*, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world, and their glory. And he said to Him, "All these things will I give you if you fall down and worship me." - Matthew 4:8-9
Since no mountain stands high enough to view all the world's kingdoms, it's likely that Satan exercised some supernatural power to show Christ "all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time" (Luke 4:5).

(*"over there, those mountains")

'The ascension means the presence, not the absence, of Jesus. The apostles did not understand the ascension to mean that Jesus was no longer with them. They expressed no grief or disappointment. Instead they "returned to Jerusalem with great joy" (Luke 24:52).
The ascension means the power, not the weakness, of Jesus. "He was put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit… who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers made subject to him" (1 Peter 3:18, 22).'

'Yes, "He ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty." From there he directs all the traffic of history with all its evil to the ends which he has set for it. If you center your life on Christ, you get a new sense of direction, a new perspective which gives meaning and purpose to human existence, something to make life worth living or losing. You are marching through time with him who is the Master of it.'
'But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'" - Matthew 4:4
Jesus immediately perceived the real danger, and responded with a passage from Deuteronomy 8:3. In that passage, Moses reminded the Israelites that God humbled them in the wilderness when He provided manna from heaven.'

JESUS that was a lot for me. did this make any sense, or is it me just copying and pasting. fell free to correct me....

"The universe has at least two realms: a physical one and a a mental (or psychical) one". Ian Stevenson
il leave this to someone clever.. ie. omega.. i think there is something relevant with [near] death experiences and reincarnation
(different worlds, sita and vishnu..)

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 03:31 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tshirt

Icon wrote-> perhaps you guys are missing something…perhaps the prophecy hasn't been completed.... [perhaps] it was for THE ONE not each anomaly…”

Yes. YES! You are coming around.

Some peopled are starting to get it, others are not. What you need to do is look at the big picture. Each version of the Matrix is like a small battle in a big war. Just because the whole war has not been won, it doesn’t mean the prophecy is wrong.

The Oracle “prophesized his return, and that his coming would hail the destruction of the matrix, end the war, bring freedom for his people." Note that there is nothing about being an Anomaly, touching the source, etc.

What I think many of you are confusing is that every Anomaly is not “The One.” The Anomaly is someone with some code that eventually hooks up with the source and the whole Matrix is Reloaded. Just because they can fly or bend the Matrix does not mean they are the “One.”

A prophecy is not true or untrue or a lie. It is either fulfilled or unfulfilled. At the present time, man is still at war with the Machines. So, it is unfulfilled. Neo may be the one who ends the war, and thus fulfills the prophecy. We’ll find that out in M3.

Remember, we were lead to believe the Oracle’s first prophecy of Neo was thought to be wrong, “You sure got the gift, but it's tricky. I'd say the bad news is, you're not the one. Still got a lot to learn. Maybe next life.” This turned out to be exactly correct. The Neo that visited the Oracle was not the “One”. It was only after he died and came back to life that he gained his true powers.

Someone stated “the prophecy is true... its just twisted... the oracle said to end the war... she never stated that the humans would win….”

Yes, in fact, the Oracle never even said that the One was human. It could apply to Smith. It could apply to a Squiddy or the Architect. (Granted, the last two seem far fetched.) If they destroy the Matrix. And bring freedom (getting out of the Matrix for Smith and all his Smithettes) to his people.

Metamorphis wrote “I don't think it could be anything but a lie. The war never ends, it just finds new recruits to fight it.”

That’s just where they want you to go. Thinking this is never ending. BUT, while they may run through reloading the Matrix 100 times, eventually…EVERYTHING THAT HAS A BEGINNING HAS AN END. Someday (maybe in M3) the war will end. Either we will break free from the machines or we will all die or be killed.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:56 PM
tshirt is currently offline Click here to Send tshirt a Private Message Find more posts by tshirt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

quote:
Either we will break free from the machines or we will all die or be killed.

Or man and machine stop the war and live with each other. Neo's talk with the councilor may be a pretty straight forward hint that this is how the story will end. In order to survive, man needs machine and machine needs man. Given the current atmosphere, this is completely true.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 05:09 PM
ITALIAN926 is currently offline Click here to Send ITALIAN926 a Private Message Find more posts by ITALIAN926 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Jedi

Don't confuse the Architect as the source that they make reference to in the movie, and the source of the program. The Oracle states that Neo is correct that the source is the Machine Mainframe. I simply have stated that the Architect program, being the one to program the matrix, was the source of the matrix- from that point of view. However, he is not the source refered to in the movie.

I do think that Neo's visiting him has giving him super-user rights on the Machine Mainframe, and I think we are finding this out from the end of Reloaded and into Revo. He is, apparently, still some how connected to the matrix, even when out. That is how he was able to dream about what happens to Trinity in the very beginning of Reloaded, and then at the end, with root permissions on the system (if he is some how still connected) he was able to destroy the setinals.

Ushgarak
LoL -- It's not the first time that I've been told that. I've been dubbed the anomaly in my group of friends because of that same reason! But, understanding my reasoning, I'm glad you find it interesting. big grin

-------------------------------------------------------------

I think we have to assume that the prophecy was nothing but a form of control. Neo has followed everything the Oracle said with out question. Just as the Merovingian pointed out when he was discussing the reason they came to him for the Keymaker and sent them back to her. He knew that the reason they wanted the Keymaker, and that the Keymakers purpose was not for what they thought it was at all:

[i]Merovingian: Oh yes, this is true, the Keymaker of course. But this is not a reason, this is not a why. The keymaker himself, his very nature is a means, it is not an end. So to look for him is to be looking for a means to do - what?

Neo: You know the answer to that question.

Merovingian: But do you? You think you do but you do not. You are here because you were sent here, you were told to come here and then you obeyed. (Laughs) It is of course the way of all things. You see, there is only one constant, one universal it is the only real truth - causality. Action, reation. Cause and effect.[/]

He's telling them that they do not know why they are here, but he does. He knows that the Keymaker is not the means to end the war. And then the Keymaker was expecting Neo -- expecting the anomaly. This is because they "...are all here to do what we are all here to do." It's stated a few times in various ways.

They prophecy never intended to be the end, but they had to risk the possibility that the anomaly would choose to go back to the Matrix as Neo did - and risk him going back with root permissions on their system.

This post kinda leads into an interesting theory I found - I'm going to post in a new thread about the Merovingian being the embodiement of a previous anomaly! If anyone's interested....

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Who has the time? But then we can never have time if we never take time!

zorro Who was that masked man?!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 06:35 PM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

tshirt> yes, i have, as i have stated the same thing multiple times in this and other threads.

Im not saying my theory is correct, i'm just throwing an idea out there to be thought upon, and expounded, or, if need be, thrown out. I do not think that the Archies room is the LITERAL Source, however, it is possible that the digital image of the Source is the Archies room, and that it is, Just as burly brought up, a sort of "heaven", above everything, not really having a "place", just there...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 07:55 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

did you read my pile of BS What the f**k?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 07:56 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

i read what YOU wrote, cause i've already read the rest of it...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 08:14 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

huh OK

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 08:16 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

i already know what is in the italics, i have read/know it already...i just skimmed the paragraph to know what it is refering to, then looked at your comments...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 08:27 PM
furryman
honky

i no u do bunny <--What the f**k?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 08:28 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

i love bunnies, and cookies, and dancing produce...except, i only eat cookies, i watch the others...

bunny bunny bunny
bunny bunny bunny

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 08:30 PM
furryman
honky

Happy Dance bunny bunny Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 08:32 PM
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Someone should make a cookie smile that moves...

Until then,

bunny bunny bunny Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 09:03 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

if we are saying that archies room is heaven
that the room keym died in would be a transport..
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f42/t12152.html
that might be how it is connected to mobil ave (limbo)
and how he mananged to exit the building

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 04:56 PM
Clavis
HOT

quote:
Originally posted by forumcrew
right.. but the oracle says neos mind touched the source.. so howd he touch the source wihtout taking the door to the right? thats what this is about italian

Neo says in the end of reloaded that he just knows that in 24hours Zion would be destroyed so my guess is that they left us out on something that happend in between (from the point he took the right *mmm right something to do with god perhaps* door)

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 06:21 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

sorry guys I didn't read the 2nd and 3rd page!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 06:22 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

quote:
Originally posted by burlyman
if we are saying that archies room is heaven
that the room keym died in would be a transport..
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f42/t12152.html
that might be how it is connected to mobil ave (limbo)
and how he mananged to exit the building

gosh u smart burly confused

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 06:24 PM