KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Next Bond Director

Next Bond Director
Started by: wicker_man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wicker_man
V.2

Next Bond Director

Ok we have already had a series of threads discussing who we would like to see become the new James Bond and who we'd like to have as his next arch nemesis but who would you like to see orchestrate this encounter? All suggestions welcome and discuss what you think they would add to the Bond series (i.e. in the sense of there own unique style).

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 03:29 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

jerry bruckheimer would be ok.. i like him as a director hes good for big mainstream action films.. but id like to see someone a little weirder who could add a unique touch... quinton tarantino would be very cool.. but it would never happen

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 06:04 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

ahha i just realised i said bruckheimer hes a producer duh!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 06:04 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I never look at who directs a movie, so I don't really care

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 07:37 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

George Lucas.... haha

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 08:03 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

how do u nto look? and george booo

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 08:14 AM
Felix L

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
I never look at who directs a movie, so I don't really care

Well, whether you care or not who directs a movie, it is obviously the single most important person in determining on how good or bad a movie ends up. I think the last guy, Lee Tamahori did a terrible job on the last film, basically turning it into a poorly animated video game in the last 2/3 of the film.

I vote for Doug Liman who did 'The Bourne Identity'. That movie had much more suspense than any recent Bond films, without relying on crappy CGI effects and gigantic explosions every few minutes. I like his directing of great hand-to-hand combat in that movie, which I would like to see more of from Bond instead of machine guns and invisible cars. The old Bond movies had all those great fight scenes, but now it's just guns & explosions.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 09:17 PM
Felix L is currently offline Click here to Send Felix L a Private Message Find more posts by Felix L Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
black_mamba01
Deadly Viper

We all have to remember that Bond movies are so unique that they are not exactly a massive action flick, sucha as a Bruckheimer film, and niether are they as well-made or BRILLIANT as any tarantino film. They need a director who has experiences making a bond film. I wanna see TERENCE YOUNG again!! lol

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 10:21 AM
black_mamba01 is currently offline Click here to Send black_mamba01 a Private Message Find more posts by black_mamba01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yeah, I know I should pay more attention to the directors, but I just fail to do so big grin

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 09:19 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

The Bond franchise missed it's opportunity by not hiring the brilliant action film director John Frankenheimer - now deceased - to direct a Bond film. His work on his last(?) film RONIN is exceptional. A fine testament to his filmic career.

The Parisian car chase at the end of RONIN is THE best car chase put on film. EVER. rock

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2004 07:26 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cermiestar
kitten

tarantino!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2004 10:07 PM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

For a complete reinvention - or re-imagining as it's known these days -I'd like to see what David Cronenberg would do with the Bond series. Happy Dance

Seriously though, and I know I was HALF joking, I'd give Brian De Palma or Steven Sonderbergh a chance. Both have excellent track records in terms of style and making a meal out of the leftovers so to speak. And their films, for the most part, look damn nice too!!! smokin'

Old Post Mar 28th, 2004 01:54 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Brian Singer is rumored... the guy who did X-men 1 & 2 and the Usual Suspects

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 11:27 AM
Evy_O
don't let go

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay happy I like him

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 12:45 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bryan Singer is not going to direct the next Bond, he is busy with other stuff like Logan's Run remake, next Superman movie and so on.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 04:30 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

that's what I thought too... but in these times of rumors, everything goes wink

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 05:16 PM
The Redeemer

Dig up Frankie...that's what I say!!! wink

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 09:53 AM
yerssot

Frankie?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 10:24 AM
The Redeemer

Stein. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 12:05 PM
yerssot

Frankenstein? blink
oh my, I really don't follow

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 12:05 PM