KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » aggresion and Sidious

aggresion and Sidious
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

Oh shoot! But let's give it a try.

1) Vader didn't told that
2) An unused script isn't the same as the movie
3) That is enough proof against you

The Sith aren't stupid: look at the manipulating Palpa!
If they got the whole gal against them, it would mean there death.
And you can say that they need to know where someone is, you need to concentrate your 'choke' to a specified place. So a vidscreen isn't enough

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 09:37 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Aside from the fact that I KNOW that an unused script isn;t the same as the movie, your three points don;t make much sense.

Your last point doesn't make much sense either.

Can you actually offer any EVIDENCE in your support? Such a contentious point that contradicts what we have needs evidence, not just ideas.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 09:41 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

No one could kill someone from across the galaxy. Remember Yoda. He levitated a X-Wing from 100 feet away, and it wore him out. Picking something up and squeezing something is surely the same fore-technique, just different motives. Therefore, no matter how powerful olde Palpy is, there is NO WAY he could kill someone halfway across the galaxy. Sorry.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 11:43 PM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Yoda had a lot of MC's but Palpa could stay hidden for many years, now THAT is power. So it still is possible for him.

Ush, there isn't much evidence, but it is pretty logic that when you're loosing big time and suddenly the shield drop down, you go for the error that got them killed in ANH

Old Post Sep 1st, 2001 08:05 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Aree you confusing topics here, Yerssot? Otherwise I do not know what you mean.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 1st, 2001 at 11:36 AM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2001 11:34 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Hey, it was pretty late last night big grin big grin
I think that I ment was:

Yoda had a lot of MC's but Palpa could stay hidden for many years, now THAT is power. So it still is possible for him to do great stuff, thinks you wouldn't think of

Old Post Sep 1st, 2001 05:01 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, we have already established that staying hidden has nothing to do with sheer power; simply a natural combination of the Dark Side being hard to see, Palpatine's intelligence and that you cannot just sense 'evil'.

Though as to Palpatine being very powerful... well, of course.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 1st, 2001 10:36 PM
Jameous Woodshire

And it seems that the best part of his power is that he dosent have to use it. (untill the very end)

I think thats cool and sinister at the same time. Just think if you saw the films in 2005 in order for the first time ever. (If Palpy dosent use his powers in the PT) the whole time wondering how much power he had and how we was to use it. Then seeing him zap Luke like a microwave! That would make that scene very powerfull!!

smokin'

Old Post Sep 1st, 2001 11:23 PM
Click here to Send Jameous Woodshire a Private Message Find more posts by Jameous Woodshire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

While his totally ballsed-up battle plan looks increasingly pathetic...

BtVS

Old Post Sep 1st, 2001 11:25 PM
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

tactical genius he was not

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 08:39 AM
Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

His over confidence was his weakness, as I wise Jedi once told me. smile

quote:
(Ush something strange is going on. We're agreeing with each other)

That was a joke Ush.

Yerrsot if what you say is right then in ANH when Vader found out where the rebel base was, why didn't he just go and sit in his big chair and choke them all while safely aboard the Death Star?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 05:30 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Not only ANH but also ESB and ROTJ.

I think that you first need to know where EXACTLY someone is, because you need to concentrate the force around a neck that (in most cases) isn't THAT big. If you know how fast an x-wing or whatever is, that is impossible.
You can question yourself for anh: Vader followed with the DS, so he didn't know where they were. So he couldn't choke them.
In ESB he stays aboard his ships. He only comes down after the battle, when everyone is away. He didn't do it in battle because of the reason above for the ships. For the base, he didn't know where they were, same reason above.
Rotj: he was concentrating on Luke, so he couldn't choke someone, otherwhise it was byebye Vader.
TPM: he was just a little kid big grin
AOTC: I hope he does something bad! big grin

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 05:53 PM
KJ
Sausages

quote:
I think that you first need to know where EXACTLY someone is

So what you're saying is - Vader and the Sith have this power to choke people. But they can only do it if they are near the person.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 06:09 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

The WHOLE discussion is that that is NOT neccesarry.

They need to know where someone is if they want to do that.
The defence/attack ?? that I have is that the Force is everywhere as Yoda told Luke in ESB, so when the Force is everywhere and you know where exactly someone is, you have all the ingredients to choke one from a distance.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 06:16 PM
KJ
Sausages

And what we are saying is - that's nonsense.

In AOTC Palpatine is trying to kill Padme and he sends assasins after her. Why doesn't he choke her himself? He knows where she lives. He could sit in his appartment and kill all his political enemies one by one without breaking sweat.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 06:24 PM
yerssot

I don't read the scriptment so I don't know about that.

If he did that, hey, there is a whole Jedicouncil and a whole building full of padawans, Jedi knights and Jedi Masters. SOMEONE had to feel that.

KJ, nothing is nonsense. Everything has a point, sometimes you need to search for it a little bit harder

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 06:30 PM
KJ
Sausages

No. Yerrsot, THIS is nonsense.

If Jedi and Sith can kill people from the other side of the Galaxy then why don't they do it? They can't.

Why didn't Sidious choke Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon when they were on the TF ship?
Why didn't Maul kill them before the end battle? He knew where they were.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 07:20 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I KNOW it was a joke, KJ. Sheesh! What I said wasn't exactly serious, you know! Just talk to Yerssot about it.

Meanwhile, you and I are in broad agreement that w3hat Yersot is saying is nonsense.

Now, I really must insist that something NEW be bought to this argument before it becomes another pointless load of 'yes they can/not they can't/yes they can', at which point I close it.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 10:07 PM
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

No they can't!!!! smokin'

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 01:28 AM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Yes they can! big grin big grin

If anyone can think of examples when someone could choke another one, give them and I will explain them, if I can't explain them then I must admit I'm wrong.

KJ: Jedi don't do that: they use the Force for knowledge and defence, not for killing
For the first thing you said: simple: watch the movie!!!!
1) opening lines: the supreme chancelor valorum SECRETLY dispatched....
2) "You didn't tell him about the missing Jedi." "No need to do that, untill we have something to report."
So Sidi DIDN'T knew about them, when he did they weren't there anymore.
For the second thing: Maul only saw the rebels, he didin't saw the jedi, because he was standing near the TF-big shots.(he was watching the screen+the Jedi were moving around)
They didn't saw them so he didn't saw them. When Maul began to battle them he had to concentrate on the battle.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2001 08:26 AM