KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Future NJO news

Future NJO news
Started by: JediOasis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediOasis
Better Man

Future NJO news

There has been a major update about future books of the New Jedi Order.

"With the next generation of Jedi leading the charge against the relentless Yuuzhan Vong, October's hardcover Star by Star by Troy Denning will shake up the New Jedi Order and resonate with fans through the end of the year. But in 2002, the struggle for the galaxy will continue in Dark Journey and Rebel Dream.
In Dark Journey by Elaine Cunningham, Jaina Solo's escape from the Yuuzhan Vong forces her to seek haven in the Hapes Cluster where the Jedi are held responsible for a tragedy long past. The young Jedi is caught among sinister hosts, murderous pursuers and her own thirst for revenge.

Meanwhile, in Aaron Allston's Rebel Dream, the New Republic Council has lost hope for victory, ordering Wedge Antilles to take control of the military to cover their retreat. Not willing to accept defeat, Luke, Mara, Han, Leia and Lando establish a Resistance... just like old times.

Both in paperback format, Dark Journey is scheduled for February 2002 followed by Rebel Dream in April 2002"....

Well, I guess we know Leia or Mara won't bite the dust in SbS, but there was no mention of Jacen or Anankin(?) and something has to send Jaina to Hapes looking for revenge and its been promised to be a "deep personal loss". Star by Star is less than 2 months away....

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Sep 5th, 2001 02:27 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I can't wait til SbS come out.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2001 05:33 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Still haven't read Rebirth. Amazon have been out of stock for weeks and Waterstones nevr have it either. sad

Old Post Sep 7th, 2001 12:05 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Rebirth was great, and SBS sounds like it'll be exciting. Who thinks somebody important will die? We know Jaina Solo will survive since she'll be in Dark Journey, but there are no guarantees for either Jacen or Anakin. Could it be possible that the "deep personal loss" Jaina experiences is not related to her family? or Is one of her brothers doomed?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2001 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

It has been confirmed that Jacen will be in a future book. Anakin has had no future confirmations, so he may be the one that bites the dust. The way the books have gone the authors have been setting Anakin up for a fall, but death seems a little harsh.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Sep 9th, 2001 05:22 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

They wouldn't kill off Anakin right now because he just found love in Tahiri.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2001 04:25 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

After they are married, maybe, but not now

Old Post Sep 9th, 2001 05:45 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

That would be a good thing. But like Luke had Callista things change.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2001 07:36 PM
Julie
The Student

Well SBS is out now and most people know the sad ending...
As for Dark Journey, who are the "murderous pursuers"? It can't be the Yuuzahn Vong, they want her alive to be a sacrifice. They probably fit under the category of "sinister hosts."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2001 03:55 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Probably Peace Brigade or maybe even some in the Hapes Consurtom. My guess would be the PB though. But I'm sure nothing too bad will happen.

-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Dec 1st, 2001 06:01 AM
Julie
The Student

Does the Peace Brigade know the Yuuzahn Vong want Jaina alive? I wouldn't turn my back on anyone connected with the Hapes Consortium:-)....

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2001 03:12 AM