KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Scariest Movie Ever

Scariest Movie Ever
Started by: slayer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HockeyFace

Blair Witch was fake... no good lying pieces of...

Dr. Loomis: "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT DEATH IS!"

Halloween II

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 06:28 PM
HockeyFace is currently offline Click here to Send HockeyFace a Private Message Find more posts by HockeyFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

hate to break it to you, but ever movie is fake

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 06:31 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HockeyFace

Yes but those S.O.B.s promoted the movie as being real.

Halloween II

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 06:44 PM
HockeyFace is currently offline Click here to Send HockeyFace a Private Message Find more posts by HockeyFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

yep and it workes out for them perfectly huh

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 06:54 PM
Cowboyography is currently offline Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by HockeyFace
Yes but those S.O.B.s promoted the movie as being real.

No they didn't, it was just an extremely realistic and believable movie, certainly something that it shouldn't be faulted for.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 06:55 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HockeyFace

I thought it was promoted as true and that police picked up the video and stuff?

Halloween II

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 07:03 PM
BidMyBlood2Run
Sexy Vampirette

I think the movie is called Possession, it's about the little boy who was possessed and that which Exorcist is based from. I think that one was freaky along with Amityville 1 and 2.

Made by the one and only Matrix _Man love I miss you baby
I will always love my Forcizzle love
My chicas Lil smokin' Bloomi happy and Syren angel

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 07:36 PM
BidMyBlood2Run is currently offline Click here to Send BidMyBlood2Run a Private Message Find more posts by BidMyBlood2Run Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
worldindustries

I would properly say per semtary 1 and the Exorcist .

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 04:35 AM
worldindustries is currently offline Click here to Send worldindustries a Private Message Find more posts by worldindustries Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dario Argento
Master of Horror

The one that scared me the most was Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 08:21 PM
Dario Argento is currently offline Click here to Send Dario Argento a Private Message Find more posts by Dario Argento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bassplayer
ManwiththeGoldenGun

I think Texas chainsaw massacre was very scary

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 09:32 PM
Bassplayer is currently offline Click here to Send Bassplayer a Private Message Find more posts by Bassplayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

the remake or original?

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 11:36 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
J-Sin.VS.Fred-D
Junsui Tsukurigoto

No offense to tcm its a great movie (origonal) but i didnt find it scary at all, though it has one of the best storys any horror movie i've seen in a while has. Would be better if they didnt make so many damn sequels/remakes : TCM remake, Leatherface, Leatherface2 etc.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:28 AM
J-Sin.VS.Fred-D is currently offline Click here to Send J-Sin.VS.Fred-D a Private Message Find more posts by J-Sin.VS.Fred-D Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dario Argento
Master of Horror

quote:
Originally posted by h0ck3yh0rr0r
the remake or original?

The original of course.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:50 AM
Dario Argento is currently offline Click here to Send Dario Argento a Private Message Find more posts by Dario Argento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punker69

William whatever the dirctor of the movie said a few years earlier he had to peforme a excorsism on a person so then he made a movie off of it.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 11:09 PM
Punker69 is currently offline Click here to Send Punker69 a Private Message Find more posts by Punker69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punker69

the movies director had to perform an excorsism on a person earlier then he made a movie off of it

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 11:11 PM
Punker69 is currently offline Click here to Send Punker69 a Private Message Find more posts by Punker69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

the scaryest film i have ever seen was this one that was only released in america and japan, called redsquare or something, and i still hate that film. has any1 heard of it? know where i can get it back?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 04:18 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tha human soul
A Divine soldier

Re: whats the scariest horror movie of all time?

quote:
Originally posted by slayer
hey guys just wondering what u think is the scariest movie of all time? the exorcisst was way overated.

I think it's still the exorcist because that shit happens 4 real!!!
The only thing that was f**ked up was that it was so hard to get that demon out of that girl.They made God look like a weak little wimp mad

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 05:46 PM
tha human soul is currently offline Click here to Send tha human soul a Private Message Find more posts by tha human soul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

For me a 'scary' horror film is something that makes you think not something that gives you a quick jump and then its over, films notable for making you think in my opinion are 28 Days Later, Threads, The Wicker Man and The Amityville Horror.

Threads ~ Is not necessarily a horror film but has some pretty horrific and chilling moments in it, the plot centers around the lives of a group of ordinary people in the lead up and aftermath of a nuclear fallout although pretty dated by todays standards this film still serves up some pretty chilling moments.

28 Days Later ~ Director Danny Boyle has always been known to offer something gritty and original in his films and 28 Days Later is no exception what really chilled me about this film is the concept of being truly alone knowing your family, friends and all those who you knew around you are likely to be dead, the steadycam filming added to the gloomy atmosphere, another factor i found chilling was the concept of society without law and order although this has been copied dozens of times (everything from Waterworld to Assault on Precinct 13) 28 Days Later offers a new and quite frankly sinister twist. The music also successfully adds to a tension covered atmosphere that adds elements to the 'anytime now scenario' which is a firm favorite in the film genre, however what are we expecting to see the walking dead as portrayed in countless zombie flicks or nothing merely our focused characters imagination getting the better of him. Being a British Resident the familiar surroundings as portrayed in the film add a chill or two often pointing to the fact that this could really happen just another point that leads me to state 28 Days Later as one of the scariest films ever in my opinion.

The Amityville Horror ~ Even before viewing this film i had a keen fascination with ghosts and up there with Borley Rectory was the infamous Amityville Horror, having read countless accounts of the events surrounding the Amityville Horror i took these into account whilst viewing the film for the first time, again what really chilled me about this film was the some elements of truth behind the film, films with some elements of truth always chillied me particular in the horror sense as they say fact is scarier then fiction.

The Wicker Man ~ Now alot of viewers of this film would brush it aside for its lack of blood and jumps but its what you don't see thats where it gets you, Sir Christopher Lee (who else) is on top form as the films bad guy whilst Edward Woodward gives a gripping performance as the films hero whose faith is tested to the limits in the film, the ending has stayed with me ever since i first viewed the film some time ago and although you actually don't see anything happen its where your mind takes over and begins to really scare you.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 06:52 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

The BBC made a program about 12 years ago called GHOSTWATCH. It was set up as a documentary filmed live in two locations, a studio, where Michael Parkinson interviewed experts and skeptics about ghostly phenomenon. The other location was in the "most haunted house in England" where Craig Charles investigated the goings on...
...before things went horribly wrong. I watched this again recently on DVD, and, like most films that terrified me as a youngster it failed to have the same impact today. At the time however, little Samhain was only a child and so fell the BBC's prank and spent the rest of his halloween night in tears. Show it to a child under the premise that it is real and I can guarantee they will be scared witless.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 11:43 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by samhain
The BBC made a program about 12 years ago called GHOSTWATCH. It was set up as a documentary filmed live in two locations, a studio, where Michael Parkinson interviewed experts and skeptics about ghostly phenomenon. The other location was in the "most haunted house in England" where Craig Charles investigated the goings on...
...before things went horribly wrong. I watched this again recently on DVD, and, like most films that terrified me as a youngster it failed to have the same impact today. At the time however, little Samhain was only a child and so fell the BBC's prank and spent the rest of his halloween night in tears. Show it to a child under the premise that it is real and I can guarantee they will be scared witless.

Wow someone else remembers it, i remember Ghostwatch it scared me senseless, it was only a year or two ago that i found out that it was all a set up, shows how good the set up was, i had been looking for it for years on video or dvd and this year i finally managed to track down a copy on DVD and now own a copy of it.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 11:31 AM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote