KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Did the Architect Lie? (Spoilers)

Did the Architect Lie? (Spoilers)
Started by: The Unknown

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Oracle wanted neo to save humanity, Architect wanted neo to continue the loop.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 04:44 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
Originally posted by the train, man?
Thanks for your post Mordecai, it cleared up a lot of things wink

Did they want Neo to choose the door to save Trinity and let the Matrix be destroyed? If this is the reason what was their purpose for doing so?

There has to be a reason for them to give that choice to Neo, but as to what it could be I just don't know.. wacko

Neo had to willingly give up his anomaly code. They couldn't force it out of him. They had to give him choice.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 10:01 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the train, man?
committed

So because they must give him choice, the machines are going to give Neo the opportunity to let the Matrix be destroyed? What the f**k?

This seems kind of crazy to me.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 04:48 AM
the train, man? is currently offline Click here to Send the train, man? a Private Message Find more posts by the train, man? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

The machines could survive w/o the Matrix.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 09:40 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

Yeah the architect pointed that out bluntly, but because of Smith, the machines needed the humans, Smith probably would have eventually destroyed the entire machine race, and then finished the humans off! Then he would have found a way into outer space, and then spread himself across the entrie universe killing and assimilating every living organism until Smith finally became THE universe!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!! blink.... achem.... sorry 'bout that. I get a bit carried away sometimes... Anyway, again I haven't seen revolutions, but i know so much that I probably won't enjoy the movie anyway, but it doesn't matter, because i have fallen into a great depression, because i haven't seen it...... sad

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 06:37 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

He just never expected Neo to make the choices he did...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 11:02 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Seraph77

The architect didn't say if the matrix was reloaded it would crash, he said if neo didn't redisperse his code to teh source it would crash. The matrix has never been "reloaded" after the final version. Big misconception

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 09:56 PM
Seraph77 is currently offline Click here to Send Seraph77 a Private Message Find more posts by Seraph77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

No, he did say the Matrix would crash, causing everyone inside to die.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 10:48 PM
goglianu07
Philosophy freak

Cool it was all tru, no lies

the architect did not lie, he said what he was supposed to say. he will always be pro-machine world and that is because he is a program, as stated in the end of the 3rd film. the prophesy has also been fulfilled. in the 2nd film we believe that it is not, because neo is confused by the information the architect told him. Everything was true and the prophesy was fulfilled in the third movie- not the second- just as the oracle had told morpheus. the one oges to the source and the war is over instantly. you guys were right on!

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 03:38 AM
goglianu07 is currently offline Click here to Send goglianu07 a Private Message Find more posts by goglianu07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

No, the anomaly does not go to the source...

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 03:45 AM
furryman
honky

no expression

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 04:31 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris_yo

What I want to know is why architect told Neo that if he makes wrong choice, the Matrix will crash as a result of cataclysmic failure. What kind of failure is he talking about? Smith? It can't be because Smith is unexpected half of Neo's anomaly that wasn't predicted to occur by machines in this iteration of Matrix. All previous iterations architect told the same to the previous ones and there were no Smiths.

Why architect told about cataclysmic system failure? Why would he give choice to Neo and risk Matrix being crashed? Because he calculated the possibility of low chance that Neo would make wrong choice?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2013 11:52 AM
Boris_yo is currently offline Click here to Send Boris_yo a Private Message Find more posts by Boris_yo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote