KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Favourite music

Favourite music
Started by: sand person no. 10

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

Favourite music

i always listen to music when i'm on the forums, what do other people listen to, i can't beat a bit of blink 182 myself.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 11:30 AM
sand person no. 10 is currently offline Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

About time we had another one of these.

Right now I'm listening to a compilation of singles that I stuck together on minidisc;
  • Usher
  • Wyclef Jean
  • Samantha Mumba
  • Jamiroquai
  • Basement Jaxx
  • Five
  • Nellie Furtado
  • Jennifer Lopez
  • Blue
  • Uncle Kracker
Plus a few others

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 01:08 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Mainly, movie soundtracks.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 01:21 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Bands like Oasis, Stone Roses, The Verve, The Clash and others.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 01:24 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I listen to a variety of 60, 70 and earliy 80`s music.
Favourite band is Deep Purple but I also like:

• The clash
  • Led Zeppelin
  • Kate Bush
  • The Police
  • Jeff Buckley
  • Neil Young

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 02:37 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Basement Jaxx
Bent
Norwegian group Röyksopp

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 03:17 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I love this topic!!!!!! where shall I begin!

1. Smashing Pumpkins
2. Bjork
3. Nirvana
4. Garbage
5. Marilyn Manson
6. Greenday
7. Everclear
8. Enigma
9.Third Eye Blind
10. Linkin Park

and anything else that sounds good, has at least 2 electric guitars, bass and a kick ass drummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I'm surfing the forums, I mostly listen to Bjork and The Smashing Pumpkins, they are the only ones that make replying to you people manageable roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue evil face wink

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 03:29 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

laughing out loud

I forgot Radiohead, The Jam, The Charlatans.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 03:58 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
and anything else that sounds good, has at least 2 electric guitars, bass and a kick ass drummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

originally posted by Texas.

You should really try The Clash and their London Calling album it isGreat

Last edited by finti on Sep 17th, 2001 at 05:26 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 05:16 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Or buy "The History of the Clash". That's even better.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 05:24 PM
finti

I like all of the tracks on London Calling and all are not represented on the story, ergo I like London Calling a lot better.
Dont get me wrong I like most Clash stuff, but London Calling is very special album.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 07:43 PM
LaurenE147
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like a wide variety of music.
1. Dave Matthews Band
2. Matchbox 20
3. Faith Hill
4. Lifehouse
5. Nat King Cole
6. Aerosmith
7. Bon Jovi
8. Aretha Franklin
9. Nirvana
10. Lynard Skynard
11. Queen

and the list goes on

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 09:16 PM
LaurenE147 is currently offline Click here to Send LaurenE147 a Private Message Find more posts by LaurenE147 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Question

Dave Matthews- now that's one band that knows how to put on a concert

Old Post Sep 18th, 2001 02:21 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I ask, no demand, that anyone who doesn't own the "Complete Stone Roses" album should run directly out and buy it. Class. That and anything by Paul Weller. Again class. cool

Old Post Sep 18th, 2001 12:38 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

That's my favourite album. big grin

Old Post Sep 18th, 2001 01:41 PM
Ratcat

quote:
Originally posted by mechmoggy
I ask, no demand, that anyone who doesn't own the "Complete Stone Roses" album should run directly out and buy it. Class. That and anything by Paul Weller. Again class. cool
I own non of the above, but on the basis that if I did they would end up being coasters, I doubt there will be any running today.

Guess it's just a matter of different tastes...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2001 01:48 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

i've got the best of the stone roses although i prefer oasis and all of the other indie bands who sprung up in the mid 90's, the stone roses were a bit before i got into music, but because of the decline in british music i've had to move across the pond and listen to american bands such as blink 182, sum 41 and other punk like bands, in the decline of british music i also include coldplay and travis, the supposed saviours of british music, its just depressing drivel to me, travis can apparently only sing songs where they repeat the same words over and over again and coldplay are just plain depressing. i'm fed up of listening to bands and artists who just rely on computers and clever producers to manufacture a soubd for them, although i obviously appreciate trend setters such as britney spears, a cultural revolution if ever there was one big grin

ROCK ON!!!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2001 01:51 PM
sand person no. 10 is currently offline Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I completley agree.
British guitar music has gone down hill since about 1997.
The Charlatans, Ian Brown and Oasis are the only ones still making great albums.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2001 02:16 PM
Ratcat

quote:
Originally posted by King Jedi
I completley agree.
British guitar music has gone down hill since about 1997.
The Charlatans, Ian Brown and Oasis are the only ones still making great albums.
in YOUR opinion of course...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2001 02:21 PM
KJ
Sausages

It's the opinion of most people my age. It's only now I know how lucky I was to grow up in the 90's with so many great bands, because now there is hardly anything.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2001 02:24 PM