KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Who Thinks Revolutions Was Useless !!!

Who Thinks Revolutions Was Useless !!!
Started by: nickysan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ITALIAN926

Saxman, it seems youre the only one I agree with 100% since Ive seen it this morning.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 08:13 AM
ITALIAN926 is currently offline Click here to Send ITALIAN926 a Private Message Find more posts by ITALIAN926 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Most of the posts in this thread are filled with nothing but opinion and no supportive facts which makes this absolutely worthless to respond to in any sort of detail. The point of the movie trilogy was missed by any and all who did not find the ending suitable, and I can tell that you know little to nothing about literary foresights, metaphores, similies, or even logical processes of the human mind, or philosophy. Without a grasp on that, you can only see the movies as a pop culture fad instead of what they were intended for - an insight of the definition of reality, one's self, morals, value systems, and sacrifice.

And, just as an FYI -- we are not coming up with reasons. We are inturpating the story on a deeper level by trying to understand why the brothers did things they way they did. Do you not remember your 8th grade through high school english classes when you picked apart literary works to interprate the meanings behind them?! Same thing. This trilogy is not for the conformist, the lazy, or anyone who is not willing to question anything and give support to the ideas behind the movie. Maybe instead of watching these movies, you should revert back to a Dick and Jane book and re-educate yourself in the structure of sentences, so you can build upto understanding literary interpretations and eventually the movie -- but that would be to much work for you wouldn't it?

I would like you to point out one real "plot hole." And it has to be something that prior knowledge (such as every day experiences, other literary works, and technical data available to us in our own lives) does not cover stronger than steel.

If Trinity didn't die, then Neo would not have been willing to let go of his own life.

The invasion of Zion happened exactly as expected. There were no defenses against the massive number of machines, especially for a small number of humans compared to the billions of humans that fought agains the machines in the very first war before there was a matrix!

The kid was always corny, because he's a putz. He is a 16 y/o boy who idolizes someone who is just as lost as he is. But he believes.

Also, FYI -- They did not sell out, all three movies were written before 1996, but Warner Bros would not commit. For this information you can read the interviews yourself, and rent the documentery "Matrix: REVISITED" -- also watch the extras on all the DVD's.

The machines did not pity the Humans, they ensured their own survival through means other than war.

The convo at the end with the Oracle and the Architect tells us that those in the matrix will be release, probably slowly. Which means the machines will likely find another power source: Heat from the molten rock under the earths survace, or solar power again...leading me to

The humans would not have to stay under ground as the ground is probably fertle again, the atmosphere has apparently healed so there's a possiblity of man and machine working to clear the "schorched" sky, along with the Machines most likely have the DNA for many animals available to clone in much the same way they do humans.

And, Italian, as I've said before, you're the one who made the choice to see these movies. If you don't like the fact that you need to see Anime shorts (which I buy R rated jap-anime imports all the time -- great flicks), ACTUALLY READ SOMETHING, play a game or two....then please don't bother. You're entitled to your opinion that the movies suck, but you're the one who didn't care enough to get the information before hand, and many of us do enjoy animated shorts, comix, video games, and the like.

And man and machine living in harmony? For the time being - yes. Does that mean that war won't start again? No. People are prone to war, mainly when there intelligence doesn't exceed their shoe size and they latch onto misinformation, lack of information, pure opinion, and a fear or misunderstanding that they can use to hate. Such as the arguements that are being used to say the movie sucked.

So I am going to use my freedom of choice to ask you nicely to contain yourselves for those who have not seen the movie and allow them to judge for themselves.

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Who has the time? But then we can never have time if we never take time!

zorro Who was that masked man?!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 08:27 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

no, the machines wanted to co-exist since they were created. Did you see Animatrix? Also, the humans no longer are in a fight for survival against the machines, so it will be A LOT EASIER to free minds than before. yes, the machines will continue to grow humans, until a feasible alternative to humans as batteries is discovered. Also, the Oracle told EVERYONE exactly what they needed to hear, if that includes telling them the end of the matrix will come by the ONE, then so be it. Also, movies SHOULD be made to ponder on, to reflect upon, otherwise we will become a mindless society.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 08:29 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

Okay, breath in, breath out everyone. People have their own opinions to the movie, and so be it. But if you really want to understand what their trying to say, watch it again, as Metamorphisis has said. But to me, the ending was executed pretty well and I dont see any plot holes in the movie...

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 08:39 AM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

Listen bud, Im not crossing any lines.. Im 100% contained . People like you PRAISING the movie for its so-called DEEP meaning is no different than someone CRITICIZING the movie. I do have to say though that it makes me laugh when you guys make GUESSES to fill in the holes you say dont exist.

Also, when did you see the atmosphere was healed? They simply went over the scorched sky that was always there.. Of course, I may be missing an important fact from a cartoon lol DNA??? You should write M4. The machines didnt pity humans? They couldve wiped out everyone in Zion and the machines world would have been FINE. The machine have honor now.. and dont break their word. lol

Shit Im done damn damn

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 08:40 AM
ITALIAN926 is currently offline Click here to Send ITALIAN926 a Private Message Find more posts by ITALIAN926 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
terd40
CCC Agent

spoiler if you havent seen rev yet:
i think that the way they ended it was fitting but sad. giving up to win something isnt what young people should be subjected to. If i was the one i dont believe i could ever quit when i held the fate of the world in my hands. the first half was awesome but after the doctor lady was killed the plot was dragged out almost to the point where it was ruined. honestly i guess i would have done the same thing to end the movie. what all of you are mad at that didnt like it, is the fact that the end has come and most people cant except that something is done and now your imagination cant dream up the ending. wierd, im going to have to give this movie a 5 and a 10. im going to tell my friends it wasnt as good as i had hoped but im probably going to go see it again.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 08:43 AM
terd40 is currently offline Click here to Send terd40 a Private Message Find more posts by terd40 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

ok, first matrix steals ideas from the bibles, then from romeo and juliet? wow....what a great series of films.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 09:07 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Italian

You have still to produce an actual plot hole. And I'll admit, that other than a clear blue sky, the fact that they still have oxygen to breath, and the fact that radiation did not fry them as soon as they soared above the clouds, that I do not have much evidence to support the idea that the atmosphere's healed, but why show it to us if not as a reference to the future using a literary tool called foresight?

Yet if all you're going to do is *****, then why waste your time? I still haven't figured that out....

dragonpieces272

Thank you. Though, some things I state are opinion, I do try to separate those from the facts. And you do need to know the details...

Backfire

There isn't anything you will ever see that is an orriginal idea. Movies, books, or shorts have common literary themes between them, and often refer to other works of literature. That does not degrade the work in the slightest, and most of the time, makes for a better piece of work. But if you don't like hearing that, then please do ignore it. It does not bother me in the slightest.

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 09:56 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

Re: Plot Holes?

quote:
Originally posted by saxmanuw

huskies suck OSU!!!!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 10:02 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
babyboyblue

Neo let himself die because everything in the matrix must be balanced. The architect works to balance the equations in the matrix.
Since the oracle says that Smith is Neo's OPPOSITE...by letting SMITH take over NEO, then the matrix equation is balanced once again...so Smith no longer has control and the Matrix reboots

well...thats what i saw from the film

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 10:19 AM
babyboyblue is currently offline Click here to Send babyboyblue a Private Message Find more posts by babyboyblue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MercuryTwin

I just a saw a suck ass film. Effects were good. Acting was horrble. Trinity or "Trin" as Neo suddenly calls her was breathing pretty good after that poll got lodged in her lung. and will someone please tell Hugo Weaving that acting with your teeth is a bad idea.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 11:25 AM
MercuryTwin is currently offline Click here to Send MercuryTwin a Private Message Find more posts by MercuryTwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dundarz
Buy! Buy! Buy!

On a personal level i was a little disappointed with Revs, but too say its the "Worst Movie Ever!!!!!!" is going a little far. I take it you haven't seen Titanic or Gigli or Pearl Harbour or........ wink

As with Reloaded i hope it gets better with more viewings. It was certainly a lot to take in on just one viewing so i'm pretty hopeful its a strong grower.

"You are so blind! You so do not understand! You weren't there at the beginning. You don't know how good it was. How important. This is it for you. This jumped-up firework display of a toy advert. People like you make me sick. Whats wrong with you? Now, I don't care if you've saved up all your 50p's. Ok. Take your pocket money and get out! ..... What a prick."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 11:48 AM
dundarz is currently offline Click here to Send dundarz a Private Message Find more posts by dundarz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nova72

I think most of you where dissapointed because the film didn't give the answers you where expecting.

Sorry, nobody ever said something like that.

The only problem the film had, as far as I am concerned, was that you had to complete the puzzle by yoursef, it didn't help you by giving the answer, but you had to put the pieces together.

I liked the film

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 11:56 AM
Nova72 is currently offline Click here to Send Nova72 a Private Message Find more posts by Nova72 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

I think what pissed most people off is the fact that this is the LAST in the Matrix triology, and it didnt really gave it an ending that anyone expected...i.e. destruction of the machines, explanation of few things....which didnt really happen, as just more questions arose from what film...My favevourite in the triology is still the first one...by far....
Personaly i was more shocked, than dissapointed in the film...

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 11:59 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
audioheem

I thought it was good. What good would Neo kicking Smith's ass have then going to the Architect done? OH WAIT.. THAT'S RELOADED. You wanna see that... watch the 2nd film. This leads on perfectly to The Matrix Online.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 12:00 PM
audioheem is currently offline Click here to Send audioheem a Private Message Find more posts by audioheem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
droopy1592
I got a lemon on my head!

anal crevices of queent latifah????? WTF? HAHAHA

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 12:18 PM
droopy1592 is currently offline Click here to Send droopy1592 a Private Message Find more posts by droopy1592 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MR ANDERSON
The ONE

l dont see where neo dies.l mean l was seeing the whole lights stuff around him as he was led away by the machines just as he did when he entered the machein world.so who says he died.besides, even the oracle says they hope to see neo someday.
l think this was the best ending possible.not the obvious that ppl wanted.this is the matrix ppl.who would have thot that there would be peace btw humans and the machines.the matrix is still there and who ever wants to be free is set free and whi ever wants to exist in the matrix will get that and be a battery for the machines.l thot the maytrix was going to be destroyed.hahaha.nice movie.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 09:59 PM
MR ANDERSON is currently offline Click here to Send MR ANDERSON a Private Message Find more posts by MR ANDERSON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I will say again. Believe whatever you want to believe.

Why do you think the Wachowski's said in an interview after the release of "The Matrix", that they would take the blue pill. Why? Why would they want to know the truth when they can believe whatever they want to big grin

Remember, it is your choice to believe or not.

Have a nice day. But it could be a bad day depending on what you choose to believe...

Rubbish ending my arse!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 10:08 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LiQuiD

sifer i think ur taking the movie a bit too seriously... the matrix being my favorite movie, and reloaded bein rigth after that, i was majorly dissapointed with revolutions... example of plot hole/unexplained thing ... remember the whole morpheous saying "purpose" in smith's voice in reloaded? i remember reading ur post about it sifer.. and then running straight to the dvd player to catch it... i was waiting for that answer, as well as many others in Revolutions.. and i didnt get most of them... and can u please explain to me why the ending was good? not the neo dyign part.. but the very end with the girl and the rainbow.. how much cornier can you get? im so damn upset at the conclusion of such an amazing series of movies.. i waited till after the credits expecting sumthin liek "JK" at the very end.. i dont know.. im just pissed off...

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 10:43 PM
LiQuiD is currently offline Click here to Send LiQuiD a Private Message Find more posts by LiQuiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Mr Anderson

The orange lights that Neo saw were the by-product of electrical intelligence, computer data streams, and electrical inputs..when you see the lines in him getting hotter in color it's increasing the current to his body electrocuting him through his nervous system. Hey is layed to rest, and the ship that carries him off is very symbolic of viking like funerals.

The Oracles comment about seeing him again was a reference to the anomaly, not the man. She understands that human nature is to in peace, but in war. We are a war like creature, and to secure peace is to prepare for war. So the peace will not last forever, but it will last long enough for a reprieve.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 10:44 PM