KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Adobe Premiere

Adobe Premiere
Started by: KJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KJ
Sausages

Well I'll try it.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 05:16 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Good luck. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

What are you editing on?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2001 07:35 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Matrox? Avid? I have options of which to use.

Here's a question - The * is the camera. The two + nearest the camera are the actor sitting in a chair. The two + furthest away are the actor standing up behind the front two.

Would this work? Or would the overlapping be a problem?

Also I was told that I couldn't film the floor at any point during this. Or is this wrong?

+ +
+ +

Old Post Oct 1st, 2001 01:43 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Wel, with that position I wonder why you'd bother, because now you can't see the people behind it. But when you shoot them seperately with a blue screen you can move both pairs to back or front, whatever you want.

Another thing you might want to take into account is your focus. But maybe you should defocus when necessary in AVID. You can defocus there.

And yes, you can shoot the floor as long as it's not a reflective surface and it has no blue in it. Just make sure you have some light on it, although that may pose problems with the shadows if you want to merge the two shots.

I never worked with Matrox, but I'd go for AVID anyway. What kind of system is it?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2001 02:36 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I'm not sure what system it is.

Queeq that was just an example to see if it's possible to overlap people i.e one person sitting and another standing or walking behind.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2001 03:48 PM
queeq
Chaos

You can do it, KJ. Just use the layering on AVID. You can stack several layers on top of each other. The trick is to have the background shot (which is also layered on AVID) mix on both shots. I've never done that myself, but it must be possibe I think. I can check tomorrow if you want me to, I'll just ask my editor.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2001 08:40 PM
KJ
Sausages

yes please. smile

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 09:57 AM
queeq
Chaos

Ah good, he's out at the moment, but I'll see him in an hour or so.
Hang on.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 10:14 AM
queeq
Chaos

Okay, I checked. Yes it is possible.
You can either do it by keying or better yet, use a mask for the actor-behind- shot. There's a tool on AVID that you can make all the blue white and then you can make it work. But get yourself a good an experienced editor, or you'll be screwing around a long time.
But it still takes quite a bit of work.

If you want to make it easier on yourself: shoot it in a room and edit it as split screen. But that means the actor cannot step into the side of the "other actor".

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 11:15 AM