KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The Indian Connection(revolutions)

The Indian Connection(revolutions)
Started by: anomaly12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Omega
Z10N0101

Jaderaven> Yep, very helpful. Thank you very much smile

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 01:27 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

Ok, since my friend navykidd is too scared to post anymore (he thinks that Omega was trying to scare him off the forum) I'll ask this question for him.

What did smith mean by saying that Sati was the last exile? How does that fit if she is supposed to be from the machine world?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 02:10 AM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

??? What? big grin
I'm not trying to scare anyone off, unless they can't act civilized.

There are several possibilities here: Either the machines, too, have certain peculiar "prophecies", like "The Last Exile". The last to arrive before the Matrix meets armageddon??
Or Smith is simply aware that she's the latest exile to arrive in the Matrix?

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 02:13 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

*sigh* yeah, I know Omega, I know... but do you remember back to the Eurlerecht (spelling?). Well he posted something about some part of the ship being broken. You said something about it just being a hair brush and... well he thinks you were making fun of him. So now he's afraid to post. Kinda sad, considering he's a Grown Man. Oh well...

Back to the topic... so, Smith knows about the exiles? And she's the last? That's all fine and good... but does that mean he got to hel club too?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 02:45 AM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anomaly12
The Chosen One

People, check out my location, i'm an indian, a hindu if u pleez, dharma and karma are words used here practically 10 times a day. They are an essential part of the hindi language. Dharma is the religion, Karma is the job. As an added proof, lord krishna,in the bhagvad geeta tells arjun -"Karma karta ja phal ki ichha mat kar",this is not an exact pick from the geeta as the geeta is in sanskrit and this is translated to hindi and this is the way it is normally used.It means keep doing your job ,dont expect any rewards.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 09:38 AM
anomaly12 is currently offline Click here to Send anomaly12 a Private Message Find more posts by anomaly12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

smitty> there is no contest...Hepburn/Tracy are, arguably, the BEST couple ever to grace the silver screen...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 12:37 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Simple> Navykidd hasn't been here again because of THAT?!?!?!

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 12:39 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaderaven

quote:
Originally posted by anomaly12
People, check out my location, i'm an indian, a hindu if u pleez, dharma and karma are words used here practically 10 times a day. They are an essential part of the hindi language. Dharma is the religion, Karma is the job. As an added proof, lord krishna,in the bhagvad geeta tells arjun -"Karma karta ja phal ki ichha mat kar",this is not an exact pick from the geeta as the geeta is in sanskrit and this is translated to hindi and this is the way it is normally used.It means keep doing your job ,dont expect any rewards.

You live in India, you are Indian, You are Hindi.... You must be the master and we must defer to your definitions.

hmmm that sounds like you are leaving us no choice to interpret anything on our own...

Sure you have knowledge, useful knowledge, please share it. However do not expect people to conform thier experience to match yours.

Your definitions may be hindi which admittedly is the origin of the ideas of karma/dharma. However, there are others on the planet that see that there may be other ways to interpret things. I think if you will look that even in hindi and sanskrit karma has many slightly varying meanings based on context.

You are cominig across as thinking you have the final say on the definition of hindi terms. Given that many hindi terms have many differing meanings I do not know how you can say this.

My point is it is all open to interpretation... besides the W. bros are not hindi... so perhaps there ideas of karma are not hindi as well but colored by thier experiences from be raised in the west.

It may be of interest that the parents of the W. bros were Theosophists. I am sure this had a great impact on them.

In closing... peace no flaming is intended. I just have issues with people insisting that others believe as they do and that thier interpretations of any one subject are the final say.

Again peace,
JR

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 12:52 PM
jaderaven is currently offline Click here to Send jaderaven a Private Message Find more posts by jaderaven Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

SimplePriest> Oh, dear. I do remember the hair-brush incident, I was just attempting some comic relief, which wasn’t directed at anyone but myself. But well… It’s not the first time grown men run away screaming (wears Trin costume “Touch me and that hand will never touch anything again.) big grin

About Smith going past the Merovingian… No, I don’t think so. Let’s say I want to go illegally into a country. I can either chose to contact some human-smugglers, who have ways of making fake passports and got hidden routes etc. I can also attempt to cross the border on my own.
It is POSSIBLE, but there is nothing to indicate this. The Oracle is a kind of exile, too, and she didn’t go past the Merovingian. As far as we know at least.

Jaderaven> No, the Wachoskis are aetheists. So their use of religious references are probably to be taken in the broadest possible meaning I think.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 12:58 PM
jaderaven

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega

Jaderaven> No, the Wachoskis are aetheists. So their use of religious references are probably to be taken in the broadest possible meaning I think.

I am not saying that they are Theosophist nor am I saying that they are not athiest. What I meant was that thier ideas would have been influenced by what they heard and saw as children.

Besides some Theosophists are athiest... one does not necessarilly exclude the other.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 02:55 PM
jaderaven is currently offline Click here to Send jaderaven a Private Message Find more posts by jaderaven Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

You all want the answer to all this:

It's just a word wink

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 06:07 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

Sifer> No.

Yes! Of course man.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 08:34 PM
jaderaven

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
You all want the answer to all this:

It's just a word wink

Yes it is just a word. However, "what matters is the connection the word implies"

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 08:56 PM
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
Originally posted by anomaly12

Whatever, maybe it's taught differently in America than it is in India. I learned in my World History class and textbook that if you do your dharma, you have good karma on the varna (system). smile

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 09:29 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anomaly12
The Chosen One

Jadarevan has taken it too far........this is a discussion not an argument.
The Unknown> It may be true, maybe u're being taught someone's interpretation. Cant say if i've misinterpreted or that person.......but i'll still check out and get back.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 04:19 PM
anomaly12 is currently offline Click here to Send anomaly12 a Private Message Find more posts by anomaly12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anomaly12
The Chosen One

Sorry for the second post but cud u send me some more info on wat all u r taught abt india in world history.....

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 04:19 PM
The Unknown
Anomaly

Uh, I'll tell you what I remember off the top of my head. Hinduism was in India. People started not wanting it because there were so many injustices on the Caste system and the Brahmans had too much power, so they converted the Buddhism when it was created. In Hinduism, when a person reaches Moksha, they cease to exist, but in Buddhism, when they reach Nirvana, they become one with the earth. If they do their dharma, they have good karma, which will take them up a level in the Varna System, if they don't then they go a level down. The Vedas were truths written down by seers, and the Upanishads were writings that explained how to break reincarnation.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 09:40 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godfather
Godfather

i understand the whole Sati thing(well as much as everyone else does), but what i dont get is what is her purpose in the movie, she does nothing as no role and if she was not there it would not change the movie one bit, so what was the point in having her in the movie, am i missing something?

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 02:09 AM
godfather is currently offline Click here to Send godfather a Private Message Find more posts by godfather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

I'm pretty sure that she's there to show that programs have emotions, too. And also to explain why there's a different person playing the Oracle. And she's a program not bound to the Matrix's rules.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 04:20 AM
ShOota

Jesus Christ, ive just been reading all this BullSh*t, who cares if there Indian or not!!?!? its just you Indians just wanna get noticed...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 02:21 PM
ShOota is currently offline Click here to Send ShOota a Private Message Find more posts by ShOota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote