KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The Indian Connection(revolutions)

The Indian Connection(revolutions)
Started by: anomaly12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Unknown
Anomaly

Uh... as far as I can tell, there are only one or two people on this thread that are Indian, so I don't know what you're talking about... and there was never a discussion on whether Sati and her family were Indian or not, we always knew they were... And if you "don't care", then why are you even on this thread or posting on it?

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 06:00 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShOota

just find it annoying when people are talking basicly about nothing....I think this thread started out by someone saying that Sati and her family is Indian?! its like do we care, and we already know, i think the Indian person who posted this thread must thing Sati is her sister or soming?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 06:22 PM
ShOota is currently offline Click here to Send ShOota a Private Message Find more posts by ShOota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

No, he was asking about all of the Indian things in Revolutions (Ex. Music, the family, etc.) and why was Sati so powerful.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 07:53 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShOota

uhh no, You dont see Sati do nothing exept change the weather at the end, shes a Weather person

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 08:14 PM
ShOota is currently offline Click here to Send ShOota a Private Message Find more posts by ShOota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

Shoota> I don't think that was her only purpose....Rama says she is love....perhaps that's why she could create a sunset....

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 10:04 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

HOW MANY...*breathes* alright, let me explain this AGAIN...Sati was created without purpose, which is why she was to be destroyed. If a program has no purpose, but it is, then that means there are no parameters, written into the program itself, that determine what a program can or cannot do. Thus, if it has no parameters, and yet is, then it LOGICALLY can do anything. SATI has the ABILITY to do anything she wants to. THUS, when she created the sunrise, she was using her abilities to remember Neo. BECAUSE SHE CAN.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 11:05 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Shoota> First warning. If you don’t have anything to contribute, please don’t just make a post that has NO other purpose but to display your lack of knowledge/respect for other religions.

JediHDM> (Hands you a tranquilliser) How many? Many many more. Trust me!

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 11:50 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

one of the things thats so spectacular about the matrix is its myriadical blend of cultures. Predominantly it was asian fighting, theologies, religion and philosophy. Afterall, theres nowhere more mystic than the far east, eh stick out tongue

if such is the case with sati , wouldnt she be like a god , or buddha. How can the oracle influence control over her?

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on Nov 17th, 2003 at 12:59 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 12:55 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

if such is the case with sati , wouldnt she be like a god , or buddha. How can the oracle influence control over her?

(sorry for the double post, but the edit post seems to be experiencing some network issues -_-)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 01:00 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MickeyMousse
I've seen this...

Sati is an exile program which was going to be deleted for it had no purpose. That's why the Indian couple went to the Merv and made a deal to keep their doughter alive. She would be brought back to the matrix if they would give the merv the termination code of the Oracle. After all that was done, Sati went back to the Matrix to live their without a purpose and the Indian couple just went back to their own world (yes, the machine world indeed) to fullfill their purpose because they have to.

About the black cat thing: the Matrix was at that time reloaded. Because Neo "gave" his code to the machines after being taken over by Smith. And that was just what he had to do: the path to the source the Arch. was talking about.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 01:17 PM
MickeyMousse is currently offline Click here to Send MickeyMousse a Private Message Find more posts by MickeyMousse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anomaly12
The Chosen One

Thanx Omega , JediHDM and everyone else.Some people hv come here to a DISCUSSION forum to criticize people.i ask them, if they dont give a shit to wat the movie is abt...WAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?Its just that some goddamn people hv these airs abt themselves......some kinduva superiority complex, a false feeling of satisfaction thinking that people around the world are vying for their attention. and shoota...u've started a thread on cypher.....he ur boyfriend or something?i bet if we conduct a poll here.....people r gonna agree that in the complete story, sati's role is more important than cypher's.and if u dont wanna give the attention to indians..........WHY IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ON THIS THREAD?i think the purpose of the thread title is defeated by ur ignorance.the title is there for u to read and decide whether u give a damn.for the rest of us the title serves to keep out people like him.ok......now i get y he likes cypher so much-"Ignorance is bliss!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S: 2 days i dont login and the thread is full of people trying to flame me

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 04:07 PM
anomaly12 is currently offline Click here to Send anomaly12 a Private Message Find more posts by anomaly12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hey! That was highly discourteous, Shoota. Cut it out.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 04:33 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
Originally posted by MickeyMousse
About the black cat thing: the Matrix was at that time reloaded. Because Neo "gave" his code to the machines after being taken over by Smith. And that was just what he had to do: the path to the source the Arch. was talking about.

I think the deja-vu cat just signified that the Matrix was being altered. I don't think it was reloaded.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 09:33 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Satsujin> The Matrix movies have universal appeal, because “classic“ storytelling IS Universal. Whether it’s Asian, Arabic, European, Indian or African. The heroes quest as a cult-hero is found in ALL religions, the fight against oppression, asking the “WHAT is the purpose of life” questions, birth, life, love, fights and death. From the Greek Orpheus, to
Prince Siddhartha, Mohammed the Prophet, the biblical Jesus, the Norse Thor, Lone Wolf and the Thunderbird and… so on in the thousands. Then the added Animé touch, a nice blend of fine culture, mainstream and underground, Hong Kong fu and shoot-outs and… voila. A movie you can discuss for HOURS.

As for the Matrix: We know that a deja-vu signifies that “they” make a change. It’s not yet clear whether or not the Matrix was repaired or actually reloaded. I favour the former option for THESE reasons: If the Matrix is Reloaded, it should be set BACK in time, so it can run through the 20th Century (or at least part of it). But the buildings are all the same, modern. TMO has the tag “Imagine if the Matrix existed today.” That’s 2003, and 2004 by the time the game comes out.
Finally: When Neo is sailed off in the end, we see him through Source-eyes, and his body is glowing in the shape of a Lotus. Anything connected to the Source does. The anomaly was NOT returned to the Source, but “ascended” along with Neo.
So one of the “Revolutions” could very well be, that the Matrix is allowed to continue, and pass into the 21st century.

Anomaly12> As Ush just said: Careful with the language. If you feel Shoota is doing something wrong, why do you go ahead and make the exact same mistake? I think it’s the Americans who have the saying “Two wrongs don’t make a right.” If you feel offended, report to one of the moderators and we’ll have a look.

"... Most guys do."

Last edited by The Omega on Nov 18th, 2003 at 01:14 AM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 12:46 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

yes ...what Omega said...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 12:59 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mars Spider

no time to read all posts..
my opinion about Sati:

she is the "Love" that Neo, as the sixth anomaly, brings into the matrix.

Now The Oracle with The Architect, both has a perfect Matrix... and they restarted...
In Reloaded The architect said to Neo he is different from others anomalies, just for the kind of love he was bringing to matrix... that's Sati!

so human failed and machine won...

Last edited by Mars Spider on Nov 18th, 2003 at 01:31 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 01:18 PM
Mars Spider is currently offline Click here to Send Mars Spider a Private Message Find more posts by Mars Spider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by anomaly12
guys, if i've not seriously messed up indian mythology, i think kamala is not an incarnation of kali OR lakshmi.Kamala is derived from the hindi world kamal which means lotus.This means that kamala would also mean lotus. Lotus can be connected to goddess saraswati as it is her carrier or something. Saraswati is the goddess of knowledge and education(and also music and other arts). I STILL feel the name is ramachandra, not rama kandra.And about sati, the name's meaning doesnt seem to have any significance to the movie.Sati used to be a practice in india with cases reported till the middle of last century.In this practice any woman whose husband dies must burn herself with his dead body.By doing this the woman would become sati. i can find no connection between this and the movie.

from moviemistakes.com:
The "alternate vision" view of the barge carrying Neo at the end has been described as angelic. It also looks like the petals of a flower, notably the Lotus flower - a Buddhist symbol for two notable things here. First, the lotus blossoms unstained by the muck from which it grows (think: coppertop farm). Second, it symbolises a sharing of spontaneous generation and giving to others - akin to self-sacrifice.

PS Good info about the song at the end (original thread post)

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 02:05 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

i dont think we should get too hung up on the indian connections in revoultions as the matrix uses/references many different religons, philosphies,myths etc
this gives it mass appeal and allows it to work on different levels to different people in different cultures - thats why were on these forums discussing it!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 02:19 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Marsspider> You're wrong. But if you don't even bother to read all the posts ON the subject, I see NO reason to repeat myself.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 02:45 PM
Mars Spider

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
Marsspider> You're wrong. But if you don't even bother to read all the posts ON the subject, I see NO reason to repeat myself.

embarrasment
you're right dear Omega...
just reading at work and triyng to put here my ideas lookin for agreement or for a very expert to say me "you are wrong..."
i'll read posts... and i'll back with my ideas...

nice site Omega (very interesting things) smile

Mars Spider

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 04:12 PM
Mars Spider is currently offline Click here to Send Mars Spider a Private Message Find more posts by Mars Spider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote