KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Tigger.....

Tigger.....
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

Already in defence whitout us saying something???

Old Post Sep 24th, 2001 05:32 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

Hey Tex is on the board remember!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Sep 24th, 2001 05:41 PM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 24th, 2001 06:14 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

In my mind Disney kind of stole Winnie the Pooh and made it into a comercial product of their own.
Alan Alexander Milne (1882 - 1956) born in Scotland, but raised in London is the author of the story.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2001 06:17 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Christopher Robin died not too long ago either. Very sad.

Hey! Why are only girls allowed cuddly toys?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 24th, 2001 07:27 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Originally posted by Edna
quote:
Hey Tex is on the board remember!

I am absolutely appalled that you think so lowly of me Edna. Mother Teresa would be jealous of my kind and caring, nurturing board etiquette. Now excuse me while I watch tele!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2001 07:38 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Err.... I THINK she was joking there, Tex.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2001 11:31 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

quote:
Originally posted by finti
In my mind Disney kind of stole Winnie the Pooh and made it into a comercial product of their own.
Alan Alexander Milne (1882 - 1956) born in Scotland, but raised in London is the author of the story.
And I don't believe that anyone within the Disney corporation would have it any other way. Disney are very respectful of the origins of that "silly old bear" and his friends.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2001 03:15 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

How many do actually know that Winnie the pooh is not an original Disney character? I have never seen any thing about
A A Milne on the Winnie The Pooh products.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2001 03:45 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Although the story/theme was created by A.A. Milne, the actual design of Winnie was created by Disney, hence no credit on the toys.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2001 03:56 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Oringially posted by queeq:
quote:
Err.... I THINK she was joking there, Tex.

So was Iroll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 25th, 2001 04:15 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

quote:
Originally posted by Raz
Although the story/theme was created by A.A. Milne, the actual design of Winnie was created by Disney, hence no credit on the toys.
That isn't quite true. The original designs for Pooh Bear were not by Disney. Disney's version is the one with the Red jerkin and the pink bodysuited Piglet.

The earlier, original, Pooh Bear and friends were illustrated by Ernest H. Shepard (1879 - 1976) between 1924 & 1928.

Anyhow, the real Winnie was actually and American Black Bear that resided at the London Zoo in Regents park from 1914 - 1934.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2001 04:46 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Wow, RC sure knows his Winnie the Pooh! Now can you tell me the history of my favorite cartoon: Transformers(robots in disquise) big grin

Old Post Sep 25th, 2001 04:56 PM
Ratcat

Which Era first?

Classic
Generation One
Beast Wars
or
Beast Machines.... wink

Old Post Sep 25th, 2001 05:07 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The scale on those things was seriously screwy...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 25th, 2001 05:22 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

OH! Transformers! That's been a while!!!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2001 05:24 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

How do you figure that? Transformers are still being produced as Toys (Beast Machines), and as cartoons. A new Transformers graphic novel is being released next months (Actually a rehash of an old comic story)

Also, Classic Transformers are set for a re-release this Christmas.

Hasbro are soon to launch a brand new Transformers website as well.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2001 05:38 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I mean, how big was that tape recorder meant to be? Especially when compared to the truck...

BtVS

Old Post Sep 25th, 2001 06:52 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

*studies toy collection*

errrr.....I have a Rubik's cube.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2001 07:10 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I mean, how big was that tape recorder meant to be? Especially when compared to the truck...
Part of the transformation process for Soundwave, Megatron, Blaster and a number of others was to shrink their size, using a complicated mass compression algorithm. It's quite simple really... wink

Old Post Sep 25th, 2001 09:50 PM