First off...if you haven't seen this yet dont read any further
1. The little Indian girl, Sati, is refered to as 'the last exile', a programme without purpose. Now, we know that useless programmes have a choice, to go back to the source, or hide in the Matrix. Her father decides that she is too precious to go back to the source, so he makes a deal with Merv to allow her to stay, while he and his wife get deleted? I think this is the case. Anyway, Sati goes off to hide with the Oracle, but is then turned into Agent Smith. She later appears at the end of the movie once the Matrix has been rebooted. Can anyone tell me, what exactly is the point of the last exile? What does she do, or signify?
2. The Oracle (in her new guise)says that she sees the end of the war one way or another. By this she means that either a) Smith will destroy everything, man and machine, therefore no war or b) Neo will save the world by doing what he does at the end of the film. But the Oracle does not seem to know in which way it will end. She knows there has to be an end, but she doesn't know how. If she doesn't know how, then Agent Smith doesn't know how... even when he takes her over. This is why Agent Smith says 'Is it over?' at the end... because he doesn't know! What confuses me is that she also sayd that the Architect 'can't see past choice'. If she is the Architect's opposite, then can she see past choice or not? If she can, then she would know how it ends.
3. Neo makes a deal with the Deus Ex Machina, saying that if he destroys Agent Smith (who is beyong the Matrix's control), then man and machine should live in peace. Fine. That seems logical. But why does he let Agent Smith take himover? I know that Agent Smith and Neo are opposites, so does it mean that they cancel each other out? I think Agent Smith wanted to destroy the entire Matrix, which would be the only way to set himself free. That was his purpose... to destroy the Matrix, while Neo's was to save it. Therefore the theory of cancelling each other out makes sense. Smith wants to destroy Neo, because Neo holds the code to reboot the Matrix, something which Smith doesn't want. Neo wants to destroy Smith because he wants to save the Matrix, being the only way to save the entire human race (well, those who are still plugged in). So, they cancel each other out, and Neo's code reboots the Matrix. Now... why don;t the machines continue to attack Zion? They have a new Matrix... no Neo and no Smith... it would be so easy for them to destroy Zion. Is it just becaouse of their pact with Neo? Doesn't sound like machine logic to me.
4. The Architect tells the Oracle that he will free those who want to be freed. What does this mean? Will he free those who reject the Matrix at a subconscious level (as mentioned in reloaded) Or will he free all humans who find out about the Matrix? Will he free evryone if everyone finds out? The latter would result in the machines losing their source of power. Is there to be a new balance, where-by humans and machines co-habit the earth, and try to unscorch the sky (something hinted at I think, when the Logos flies up above the clouds)...or will the future consist of Zionites and 01 living independantly, with a small transfer of humans between the two as people get woken from the Matrix? The ending is very unclear on this. What is the situation?
Oogy> You can interpret Sati in many ways. Have you played ETM, and seen the exchange between Niobe and the Oracle?
She did, first of all, not chose exile by herself. It was chosen for her, by her parents, out of love. And what is one of the point of the Matrix movies? What does it mean to be human? It means being able to make an emotional choice, and to fill the term “Love” with meaning. For that reason, a human reason, did Rama Kandra and Kamala chose to save their daughter. The sacrificed themselves for the love of their child. So Sati signifies a program that no longer has a “practical” purpose, a program that can feel, and makes emotional decisions.
The Oracle can see the entire path of the one, from the beginning to the end. At the moment Smith takes over Neo she can no longer see what happens. So she does see that happening, but not what happens after that. She’s gambling. The Smith-Oracle cannot see past the point of Smith infection Neo either. Hence the “is it over?”
The Oracle tells Neo, that Smith is his opposite. His negative. If Neo is The One (1), then you could call Smith The Negative One (-1), and those two combined 1+ (-1) = 0. Smith is NO longer agent smith in M2 and M3. He’s “just” Smith. And doesn’t have a purpose as such anymore. He’s ego.
Neo does join with the Source, so the anomaly is returned, but the Matrix isn’t reset to run for another 100 years. It’s simply repaired and allowed to continue.
However – What do you think we’ll be doing in The Matrix Online?
I gather from the Architect/Oracle exchange that the Architect will free that 1 % who doesn’t accept the Matrix. Many wouldn’t want to be freed (think about it), and some wouldn’t be able to handle it.
For the rest: Those are open questions. Just as M1 didn’t end with closure, so M3 doesn’t make a bookend.
__________________ "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
"That includes ruining Halloween because someone swallowed a Bible."
"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."
If there weren't questions after the end of the film we wouldn't post anymore in these forums. We would have everything answered so why bother. That is the meaning of the not-ending end. To keep these forums warm and in general people discussing about the Matrix and make them try to find out what the heck is going on.
1. The parents weren't deleted, they merely went back to their jobs in the machine world.
2. She didn't know what would happen, she just believed that Neo would win.
3. By allowing Smith to take him over, it created a connection between Neo's mind and allow of the other Smiths. The machines then uploaded an antivirus program into Neo (similar to what Tank does with Neo in Part 1). This "destroys" Neo's mind, thus creating a chain reaction because of the link.
4. They will let everyone that doesn't accept the Matrix program. As stated in The Matrix, many minds aren't ready to be freed. Freeing them would kill them or screw up their minds.
__________________ "The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry
Agreed. With all the answers this forum would dissipate into nothing. So would all th other forums.No,not quite. there's always the spoilers to think about.
__________________ "If we must give our ignorance,we give them more before we do!"
"I'm supposed to stand right here, and say something.I'm supposed to say everything that has a spoiler, has a spoilist..."
My job is to be the one who keeps the unused threads up to date and the new threads newer.Just thought you ought to know...
I went to see Matrix Revolution last night and i thought it was great but i have a few questions.
What actually happens to Neo at the end? Does he die?
Also does anyone think thye will make more matrix movie just not about Neo's story.
Its just anoying when a trilogy ends. The lord of the rings trilogy will be ending soon as well. But they have to end some time.
If anybody has the answers to me questions please reply to my post.
its probably best neo is dead because he is nothing without trinity no love no purpose. maybe the oracle was saying that we won't see Neo again but maybe we will see the next anomaly? im not sure if they reloaded the matrix at the end or not and since the 1% who do not accept it will be freed would that mean no more anomalies? haha well i just argued with myself look for hidden meaning in what the oracle said
yeah sounds like the architect may not live up to his word, and the war will continue, but then they would need a rogue saviour like neo, who would have turned into a free roaming program like the oracle and the likes..
__________________ trust only the man upstairs.....
NEO IS DEAD. Completely and totally dead. He and smith were two sides of one annomaly if smith dies then neo dies. Neo sacrifices himself to kill smith because he realises at the end that its the only way. He sacrifices himself in a cross position like christ just another way to smack us in the face with the religious connotations. Really i'm so suprised at how few got that when it was completely obvious.
what do you mean, how few got that? WE ALL GOT THAT, but there are deeper meanings...for instance, you say Neo was "crucified" like christ, and yet you say he is dead...If he is LIKE CHRIST, he is NOT dead, but rather, has become greater than his physical body could allow...
i think reading many people's reply's there are a lot that didnt get it. Since neo is a recurring anomoly he is not dead (in that sense) and he has, for this version of the matrix, ascended back to the source however he is still dead. If i don't make any sense sorry I'm still working on it in my head.