KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Matrix questions

Matrix questions
Started by: oogy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deen

i dont believe Neo is dead. As pointed out by many people Neo has this burning light within him somehow symbolising that he is still alive. It seems that at the end he is being carried away by a machine, maybe even returning him to Zion. Also the fact that the Oracle states that he will be seen again...the reason why Neo does not die is because he can see past choice, as Agent Smith cannot - because as everything has a purpose, Agent Smith's purpose was to destroy Neo. Once he does this, he is deleted...however, the Brother could have made it less up to interpretation and less religious connotations of christianity. It was Ok but too clicheish

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 07:02 AM
deen is currently offline Click here to Send deen a Private Message Find more posts by deen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SG_Fox
Granda Kewl Master

Well maybe Neo went into another comma, one in which he wont wake from, and I do believe that his code was reinserted into the matrix and that the matrix was rebooted. Oh and Sati is a program that governs love, just thought I would throw that in their.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 07:33 AM
SG_Fox is currently offline Click here to Send SG_Fox a Private Message Find more posts by SG_Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

the matrix wasn't rebooted, it was returned to its form from before Smith. and Sati does not govern anything, she has no purpose.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 07:49 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptainInsano2
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Sati had no purpose than why was Seraph guarding her?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 07:50 AM
CaptainInsano2 is currently offline Click here to Send CaptainInsano2 a Private Message Find more posts by CaptainInsano2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Seraph was guarding her for what she represents, and that is programs in love. She is the first of her kind.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 08:04 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TH3_0N3
CHOSEN ONE

Some Questions? Revolutions

why did neo let smith you know what?
what was up with the matrix still running?
Is Neo still alive since the oracle is. IS NEO?
Who is sati?

Will anyone please tell me!

IT was the best movie i have ever seen and can some one just help me just a few things i didnt understand!

Do you have a problem with authority Mr Anderson, Do you think that you are someway special, do you think the rules do not apply to you, well you are mistaken. Im going to give you a CHOICE Mr Anderson!

Last edited by TH3_0N3 on Nov 9th, 2003 at 09:45 AM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 09:21 AM
TH3_0N3 is currently offline Click here to Send TH3_0N3 a Private Message Find more posts by TH3_0N3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menace

you guys think 2pac still alive? PeAcE...

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 01:10 PM
menace is currently offline Click here to Send menace a Private Message Find more posts by menace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Neo let Smith take him over because, he had to. Neo realized, when Oracle-Smith said "Everything that has a beginning has an end", that Neo was the beginning of Smith, and he is the ENd of Smith, and the beginning and end will be similar. The matrix will still continue, the humans have to choose to be freed, thus, it will continue until the machines find an alternate energy source and the humans no longer desire to live in the Matrix. Neo, yes, i believe he is still alive. His body is glowing, in the same manner as the sunrise, and he is the only one who's mind did not remain where it was, so, i believe that, once the code was complete, meaning once the One and the Zero combine, the ONE ascends, and becomes a part of the matrix.Sati is the child of Rama-kandra and Kamala, two programs fromt he machines world. She has no purpose, thus, she was to be deleted, but Rama made a deal with the Mero to allow her to live in the Matrix. I believe she is more powerful that any other program.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Last edited by JediHDM on Nov 9th, 2003 at 06:30 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 06:27 PM
pitchblack206

Hi all, first post up in here...

If 2pac was alive, and would eventually return, by doing so creating the biggest confusion in history, he would probably get shot by his mom. ^^

...if he was alive, perhaps he was not human, perhaps he was...an agent, created to kill biggy but was stopped by batman ?

but as far as the movie goes, I dont understand why some of you guy sthink its THE best movie ever... it was ok, effect wise great, but I repect others oppinions.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 06:39 PM
pitchblack206 is currently offline Click here to Send pitchblack206 a Private Message Find more posts by pitchblack206 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
oogy

morpheus tells neo in M1 that when the matrix was first created there was ' a man born inside who had the power to change the matrix as he saw fit'.

i think sati fits this description. she was 'born' inside the matrix, from two programmes. She can change the matrix (sunrise). also, she is there at the beginning of this new matrix cycle. she is the last exile... a programme without a purpose, but made from human emotion (love). for this reason, she can control the matrix, because she is not part of the matrix code...she has different code in her...LOVE, which the matrix does not understand.

the reason she survives in the matrix is because the merovingian lets her... because he gained the codes to the oracle's shell from her parents, who are then sent back to the source.

another point....
seraph is a 'fallen angel'... and merovingian's doormen recognise him as such, outside club hel. this makes me think that he originally either worked for the merovingian, or tried to fight him at some point, but 'fell'. in either case, he then became a programme without a purpose, but chose to hide in the matrix, and serve the oracle. remember that neo sees him in a golden code in reloaded way before he ever goes blind... my thinking is that golden code represents code that is somehow different from the green code of the matrix... hence seraph, bane/smith/neo are all seen in golden code.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 07:33 PM
oogy is currently offline Click here to Send oogy a Private Message Find more posts by oogy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

to acertain that neo isnt dead, when the machines towed him away in the end, there was a 2 second scene with everything seen through his eyes...you know the way he sees everything built in light...meaning he was still watching..neo obviously isnt dead...

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 08:29 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

oogy> Sati was born in the real world.

alaba> the scene was not from Neo's eyes, because Neo was on the "funeral barge" that was floating away, with the glowing body on it...this glowing body is neo, making me think he is still alive...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 08:35 PM
alaba
THE ONE

yeah i know jedi...but really its a bit confusing isnt it?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 08:37 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

cause only he could see things that way right?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 08:37 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

no, because it is done to make a point...did Neo see himself walking down the corridor, or see himself laying there like he is crucified? No, so why would this be any different?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 08:51 PM
Higgypop
Randomness personified

Cows in the Matrix

I have found a minor flaw in the Matrix movies.
Why didn't the machines just kill the humans to start with and use cows as a source of power?
The Matrix would be far less complex as the code would only need to simulate a giant field where the cows could eat grass.
Cows letsout more body heat than humans, over 36,000 B.T.U. there is also the added benifit of methane.
Cows would not rebell against the system and if there "minds" were freed they would simply die through lack of grass rather than trying to free their cow buddies.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 09:07 PM
Higgypop is currently offline Click here to Send Higgypop a Private Message Find more posts by Higgypop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

no, that is not a flaw....the machines, though they imprisoned us, still care for us, like they did in 2nd renaissance, and all they ever wanted was peace with the humans...plus, they are our creations...them killing us would be going against their own emotions. by putting us in the matrix, they are basically giving us a second chance.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 09:10 PM
Higgypop
Randomness personified

Interesting point, yeah.
Still it's not the most effecient way for the machines to survive.
But in the end (SPOILER) the machines did give humans the peace they wanted.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 09:14 PM
Higgypop is currently offline Click here to Send Higgypop a Private Message Find more posts by Higgypop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

yes, because it is the same thing the machines wanted...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 09:53 PM
mrsmith

sorry but i am so disappointed at revolutions it was a 'b' movie with a big effects budget. and please stop trying to work it all out there is nothing to work out. matrix 1 was great and should have stayed on its own. that way we could have forgiven all the mistakes in the basic principle to the story. but no the bros thought they were clever and now all they have done is ruined a good film(the first one that is) by bringing on sequels as bad as blues brothers 2. the plot only seems difficult to work out because it doesn't add up just like 2+3 don't make6. it was just a vehicle for the excellent effects, but they even got boring after a while. the brothers tried to be clever but failed even disney wouldn't ruin a film like that. matrix 1 brilliant, matrix2 o.k. because you expect it to be wound up convincingly in 3 but no revolutions being bad ruins reloaded as well. santa

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 10:15 PM
mrsmith is currently offline Click here to Send mrsmith a Private Message Find more posts by mrsmith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote