KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Matrix questions

Matrix questions
Started by: oogy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

blink What the f**k? ?!?!? i'm assuming you are refering to after Smith is destroyed, and we are shown the Oracle laying in the mud...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 05:19 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

sagen> yeah that's Smith dying, and that's the oracle in the mud

Angelsolovely> my roommate asked me this too. But I think you have to reallize that Bane was someone he knew (or at least had seen around before). He wouldn't Assume that it was Smith inside Bane's body. In fact, that would probably be the last thing he would think of. Even with all the Smith-like talk, it probably would be the last thing any body would expect when they are not jacked into the matrix. Just a thought

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 06:16 AM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

yeah, exactly...Even when you have spent as much time around Smith as Neo, your mind does not conceive of the possibility that Smith took over someone that is no longer jacked in...its too much...as Neo said "Its impossible"

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 07:15 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Neo's digital self vanishes.
The person in the crater is the Oracle, whom Smith took over.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 01:28 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yary

Okay, I admit I'm totally obsessed with this matrix gobbly-gook. As a result I seek closure to unhook the obssession. To wit, I offer the following with the hope that comments destroying my conclusion or confirming them would be forthcoming.
Pity the "poor" machines for their now eternal quest for purpose to life; that is to say until another, yet to be determined entity evolves to something greater then them and surplants them as masters of the planet. In my matrix world there are no humans save for the power source pod people and all the onscreen "human" action is nothing more then virus/anti-virus failsafe encounters. And within the context of these encounters, the machines seek meaning and purpose through predictable as well as unpredictable human emotional responses. In essence then, the whole story is about evolution--the evolution of humans once being masters of the planet to now, machines being the masters. Give it up people, it's over for us. The machines rule. There are no real people hunkered down at the center of the earth and there is no escaping from the pods. We (humans) have been reduced to being nothing more then actors within the machines production to rid themselves of inevitable viruses that pop up from time-to-time threatning to corrupt their whole system. Hence, we to the machines are much like the dinosaures are to us--museum pieces with one significant exception--we are the machine's creators. Alas, in this context we will at least always be relevant much like the notion of God will always be relevant to us. The only difference being the questions that cannot be answered e.g. humans: who made God? and the machines: what is the purpose of life?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 03:54 PM
yary is currently offline Click here to Send yary a Private Message Find more posts by yary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lite-x2x

quote:
Originally posted by yary
and the machines: what is the purpose of life?

Smith's view on life was to end it.

"I really should thank you for it after all it was your life that taught me the purpose of all life. The purpose of all life is to end." -Smith

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 04:23 PM
Lite-x2x is currently offline Click here to Send Lite-x2x a Private Message Find more posts by Lite-x2x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

was Neo Human?

So neo died in the Matrix, and is the other half of an anomoly of smith who isn´t a human.

What has a human got to do with the Matrix, if there was an anomoly programmed into the matrix then it would be part of it, as in a programm or something like that, not a human.

The film is totally illogical, so whats the point discussing it, just forget it and go and watch LOR 3.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 05:27 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

the anomaly isn't programmed into it, it is the remainder that is inherent in any equation...if you do calculus, or chemistry, or physics, there is always (unless you take string theory) somekindof flaw in the equation, so there is a error...Neo is the error. The machines use this error to their best, they make the "saviour of mankind" and "instrument of the machines"...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 05:39 PM
oogy

i just noticed this... very interesting

when the two trucks crash in reloaded..one of them has a sign saying 'Longpath' on it. I think this may be a hidden reference to the long path of Neo!!

also...in enter the matrix...

there is a scene which goes like this

Seraph walks into the Oracle's kitchen and she says :
'Thankyou for coming so quickly'
Then Seraph says : 'No need to thank me. I am forever indebted to you'

This makes me think that the Oracle somehow had something to do with his theorised 'fall'. Then she asks him to help her, and he does becuase he feels 'indebted'.

What do you think?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 07:01 PM
oogy is currently offline Click here to Send oogy a Private Message Find more posts by oogy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozsplace

I would hope that they create another animatrix to explain other story lines. Like the Merovingian...how he became a rouge program? How will life outside the matrix change? and so on

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 09:42 PM
ozsplace is currently offline Click here to Send ozsplace a Private Message Find more posts by ozsplace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
[i]And why did Morpeous<---(spell check) not reconize him? [/B]

He didn't recognize him because his coding changed. He was no longer an agent of the system, he was a viral exile.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 09:47 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

oogy> the other truck is "gidim"...i cannot remember what it means at this moment, but the thread should still be there, do a search for 'gidim' or 'longpath'...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 09:49 PM
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

yeah, there was a thread on that...

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 10:05 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
saiyason

The Matrix probably would be the best movie of all time as far as storyline and special effects.

JediHDM, no doubt, has the most knowledge of The Matrix Trilogy. How old are u? What do you do? If I had to guess I'd say you were a program from the machine world.

O yeah and one more thing. Is it me or does the last scene where Neo and Smith fight alot like Dragon Ball Z.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 03:43 AM
saiyason is currently offline Click here to Send saiyason a Private Message Find more posts by saiyason Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcidGirl

WHAT A.....BORING Movie...
!!!
great special effects.. great great great,,{
but its the samee history.. of the apocalypse**in da bible**...
whatever....

........... thats onlyy my opinion.-
i invite u, my friends to read books.

bye.-

ps. sorry if i'm a boring person......

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 04:49 AM
AcidGirl is currently offline Click here to Send AcidGirl a Private Message Find more posts by AcidGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Nonsense

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
the anomaly isn't programmed into it, it is the remainder that is inherent in any equation...if you do calculus, or chemistry, or physics, there is always (unless you take string theory) somekindof flaw in the equation, so there is a error...Neo is the error. The machines use this error to their best, they make the "saviour of mankind" and "instrument of the machines"...

...calculus, or chemistry, or physics, has nothing to do with it. Didn´t you know that computers are run by machine code. Computers don´t have errors, its either right or wrong 1 or 0 ,the only errors are those which appear in the programming, ask Bill Gates, Microsoft collect these errors and puts them into something called "WINDOWS". The matrix was probably programmed by his engineers when you consider how illogical it is, more holes than swiss cheese.

Neo cannot be the error because he´s not machine code but HUMAN and therefore unpredictable. laughing

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 02:53 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Okayyyy... I'm sticking this again, so people can post their questions here...
Bicnarok>Actually, mathematics has a lot do with “this”. And computers DO indeed have errors (Ever seen “Blue Screen of Death”?). A computer without software isn’t really that much fun. They have a certain memory-capacity. Us humans can work with the concept of infinity, and this is used I many sciences. It IS true that there isn’t flaws in the equations used by chemistry or physics all the time. But there are estimates and equations that cannot be solved.
Let’s say I take the fraction 1/x and then let x go towards 0, and ask, what’ll happen with the fraction. A computer will give me an error message. I can write that 1/x -> infinity when x -> 0.
In the case of the Matrix, that Architect had to make an unequal equation (mathematical nonsense) for the program to work.

And the anomaly that Neo picked up IS a program.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 03:08 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

saiyason> I am 18, and i do not have the most knowledge of Matrix..."I would say i know enough"...but thanks for the complement!

Bicnarok> Yeah! what she said. *points to Omega*

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 04:26 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Ok, i understood all of the film apart from what was with the light sentenal?

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 05:24 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

Is there any connection between how Neo defeated Smith in 01 and in 03. If there is why didn't Neo die in the first one, or why didn't Smith die in the first one. Maybe Smith didn't die because he was still an Agent and not yet a Virus, but that still doesn't explain why Neo didn't die. Unless it does and Neo didn't die because Smith was not yet his opposite therefore they didn't negate each other. That is to say Neo is even dead in the third.

This is just something I have to get off my chest.If I was Trinity I would be pissed at how I died. Her obituary would read: Trinity T. Anderson died on an unknown date. She was an awsome freed mind and defeated many a villian. She is survived by Neo, her lover, and Morpheus, a mentor, two of the greatest warroirs of the Machine war. In the middle of fighting the Great Revultion she died in...a ...car ... accident. A FLIPPIN CAR ACCIDENT!!!!! I think she got ripped off big time.

Any way, if anyone can expand on my thoughts I'd be greatful.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 08:26 PM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote