KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Matrix questions

Matrix questions
Started by: oogy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mantrainer5

quote:
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
But what about the light sentinal?

Refresh my memory about what this is.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 11:45 PM
Mantrainer5 is currently offline Click here to Send Mantrainer5 a Private Message Find more posts by Mantrainer5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

It is the sentinel that flies through Neo and the Logos without destroying any of the ship or neo...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 11:51 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mantrainer5

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
It is the sentinel that flies through Neo and the Logos without destroying any of the ship or neo...

I just don't recall anythng like that. Maybe give me more information about the scene, which movie, etc., if you don't mind.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 02:41 AM
Mantrainer5 is currently offline Click here to Send Mantrainer5 a Private Message Find more posts by Mantrainer5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

In Revolutions, when Neo and Trinity are flying towards 01, and the sentinels have attacked the ship, a Sentinel flies through the windsheild, through Neo, and then out the back of the ship, and Neo convulses and Trinity grabs his hand.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 05:06 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Synbios16

Yeah what the hell was up with that? I haven't even thought of anything that could explain what that was about...Was that like how one of the previous Ones died or something?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 05:53 AM
Synbios16 is currently offline Click here to Send Synbios16 a Private Message Find more posts by Synbios16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
criminaltwin
past midnight drifter

OK I just read all these pages and it kinda a blur, in a way. Maybe too much info at once. Anyway I have two questions.

In reloaded when neo fights all the smiths the first time, does that mean if he let smith "assimilate" him or whatever then the smith program would of been deleted then and there, since they are "1 and -1" to use prev. example, then the attack on zion would never of happened?

and

If the architect had no choice because he is in fact a program doesn't that mean everything he does is already predetermined and is already known by the machines and since he "promised" the oracle that he'd let the ones who wanted to be free to become free doesn't that mean he shoudl've already of known everything that was going to happen and therefore the machines should have known everything that was going to happen, especially with neo and smith?

sorry if these are completely off or dont make sense, but these were just my two questions.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 10:42 AM
criminaltwin is currently offline Click here to Send criminaltwin a Private Message Find more posts by criminaltwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
criminaltwin
past midnight drifter

Also to put another thing about neo being dead, I think that Neo is dead especially using the whole Jesus Christ referecnes.

Pleasde correct me if on wrong on some of this.

Jesus died, was buried, came back in 3 days.

Neo died, came back in 3 minutes. (M1) The fact of the matter i s, is that Neo already died and returned to free the people.

Morpheus - "we have released more people in 6months than we ever have" (something like that) (M3 i think)

Last edited by criminaltwin on Nov 16th, 2003 at 12:01 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 11:17 AM
criminaltwin is currently offline Click here to Send criminaltwin a Private Message Find more posts by criminaltwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moritz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There hasn't been other Neo's there has been other ones, but not other Neos

And what about the other Neos on the screens in the Architechts
room?!
They show the reactions of the other anomoly's that came before, and they ALL look like Neo. So infact it's always the same person that's reborn. Only the mind is different.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 01:09 PM
Moritz is currently offline Click here to Send Moritz a Private Message Find more posts by Moritz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShOota

SO what was that light sentinal all about wat went through Neo?!?!?!

What did it do?! What was it?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 01:16 PM
ShOota is currently offline Click here to Send ShOota a Private Message Find more posts by ShOota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Moritz
There hasn't been other Neo's there has been other ones, but not other Neos

And what about the other Neos on the screens in the Architechts
room?!
They show the reactions of the other anomoly's that came before, and they ALL look like Neo. So infact it's always the same person that's reborn. Only the mind is different.

They were his choices, there would only have been 5 others not however many moniters there were.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 03:04 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moritz

hmmm, you made a point.
I think I agree with that.
Yeah! Now it makes sense: the little girl in "Revolutions" could be the next "one", right?
Okay Mr. Spiegelberg ;-) You're the man!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 04:06 PM
Moritz is currently offline Click here to Send Moritz a Private Message Find more posts by Moritz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Moritz> No...Sati is NOT the next one...Sati is a program, and, as i see it, there is no need for another one, because the last one is still alive. and i HOPE you're jokling about Steven Speilberg...i SERIOUSLY hope you are joking...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 05:33 PM
xeous
The Next.

I don't understand the necessity of Neo going through the door of light(unless this is when he touches the source) to meet the architect. It's all pointless information that we probably would have found out anyway/we really don't need to know that he tells us.

Also, are the TV screens Neo's feelings(thoughts) or are they the other Ones? The reason I ask this is because when Neo is told that he is the sixth one, I hear, "There were five before me? No way, bullshit, there wern't five others!..."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 07:05 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whitespider52

The Matrix Theory

There are 8 pages to just this one thread. That's just for the people who are online and know about this site. There are other websites and forums and threads and even just discussions between friends about what happened and what it means etc. but who's right? You read a thread or talk to a friend and something seems to make sense but that doesn't mean that it's right does it? But if it's right TO YOU it is then isn't it. AHHH, The Matrix moral set to real life. This is what I think about whole thing:

I saw Revolutions the first night it was out and again the following weekend. I watched the visual marvel that was unfolding before me and tried to take in all that was happening in one of five theaters playing Revolutions in just this one cineplex. When the movie ended though, it seemed the whole theater started murmuring about how that was "the worst ending they'd ever seen" and "it was amazing until the end" blah blah blah. I admit I too had a real sense of emptiness because of the ending. It had a complete lack of closure and I wasn't disappointed like the rest, just confused.

It wasn't until later that night discussing what meant what in the movie that I realized the truth (which is what we were all expecting to get at the end, the answers, anybody that knows anything about story writing knows that you are supposed to make sure you tie up all of your loose ends at the end of a movie/series/trilogy/etc.) But that's not it, this movie isn't about cool ass special effects and kung foo and a computer world. I remember watching Larry and Andy Wachowski receive an MTV movie award for The Matrix in 1997 and in their acceptance speech they said, "thank you for believing in us and accepting such a righteous movie... we hope you like the sequels as much also." It hit me, to the Wachowski's these are righteous stories about every human's search for truth and meaning and what the right path is for ourselves. Every character that goes to the Oracle (who is supposed to tell the future right?) goes there for answers, which they never get. She tells them what they need to hear and they can choose to accept it or reject it. The end of Revolutions left me with more questions than answers and that's just it, they expect us to do what we've always done, to make up our own damn minds about what happened and what means what. We don't and shouldn't need someone to tell us it's up to us. That's my theory about the whole damn thing.

By the way for all of you who are saying that there were other "One's" NOT other "Neo's", you are wrong. Neo is the One, the One is Neo; unlike many other things about the Matrix they actually spell this out for us in Reloaded. When Neo goes to the Architect and whenever he interacts, the screens show Neo's other 6 reactions from the past incarnations. Only the One can enter the door made of light which leads to the architect, Neo has always been and always will be the One.

Quote:
2. The Oracle (in her new guise)says that she sees the end of the war one way or another. By this she means that either a) Smith will destroy everything, man and machine, therefore no war or b) Neo will save the world by doing what he does at the end of the film. But the Oracle does not seem to know in which way it will end. She knows there has to be an end, but she doesn't know how. If she doesn't know how, then Agent Smith doesn't know how... even when he takes her over. This is why Agent Smith says 'Is it over?' at the end... because he doesn't know! What confuses me is that she also sayd that the Architect 'can't see past choice'. If she is the Architect's opposite, then can she see past choice or not? If she can, then she would know how it ends.

The Architect 'can't see past choice' but the Oracle is his opposite because of her ability to SEE THAT CHOICE EXISTS. She just can't see past choices that she doesn't understand as she said, "just like everyone else". Neo asks, "what choice?" she says, "it doesn't matter". The choice she made that she can't see past isn't that she knew she was going to have to let Smith assimilate her to destroy him, it was that she knew that if she let Smith do that, he would be exactly equal to Neo with her power which, as she saw would kill Neo. She couldn't see the outcome of the war because she couldn't see past her direct decision to tell Neo to kill himself while Smith/Oracle was about to finish Neo off at the end (or so she thought, there's another whole argument about whether Neo's alive or not but to answer that one refer to my thesis above about The Matrix theory.)

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 11:13 PM
whitespider52 is currently offline Click here to Send whitespider52 a Private Message Find more posts by whitespider52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hels_Avatar

Could someone tell me what APU stands for? Thanks.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 02:46 AM
Hels_Avatar is currently offline Click here to Send Hels_Avatar a Private Message Find more posts by Hels_Avatar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Armored Personnel Unit

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 02:49 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Seraph77

Look at the obvious

U know all there is to know to answer your questions. The machines can't clear up the sky and the humans can't either. Watch the animatrix, it's clear the humans come off as bad guys, and in the matrix trilogy the machines come off as bad guys. Both machine and man have screwed up, and it has now come to the conclusion that both can only live if in peace with each other. The ending of revolutions is easily predictable because of the animatrix when it says things like "May god have mercy on man and machines for there sins" clearly showing you that neither side is right, and that both must learn to live in peace with one another.

You can't go into Revolutions thinking that machines are the bad guys, adn that the humans are the good guys, and that we'll win, and destroy all the machines, and somehow clear up the sky. It's a sad but true gray ending, and the only possibility of happiness in any form is to become allies with the machines, accepting that they are a life created by humans and must be recognized as such.

It was a full "Revolution" starting with man ruling the planet, creating machines, machines rising to power, and machines falling, but before they do both sides realizing they'll both die unless they help each other.

It was a phenominal ending and I can't picture it any other way. It's a sad cold dark future but things can only get better now.

Last edited by Seraph77 on Nov 17th, 2003 at 07:11 AM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 07:05 AM
Seraph77 is currently offline Click here to Send Seraph77 a Private Message Find more posts by Seraph77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

i thought neo dies.

PS on the bench the oracle is sitting on at the end the plaque says "in memory of thomas a anderson"

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 04:43 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Neo's physical body is most likely dead, but his mind is most probably part of the Matrix now.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 09:37 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

I keep hearing that Neo's body is alive, but his mind lives on in the Matrix or wherever. Are there any facts that I may have missed to support that or is that just hopeful thinking, or how some of you prefer to think the ending went.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 01:51 AM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote