KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Obi-wan Kenobi

Obi-wan Kenobi
Started by: ToMacco

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

Oh indeed, the character is still only supposed to be in his very early thirties. I think a lot of the recklesness will still be there, deep down.

Once again though, we have a thread that is drifting into AOTC topics.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2001 10:33 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

ok, back on topic:
I find it strange that Luke calls him Ben in ANH and ESB but NOT in ROTJ, where he calls him Obi-Wan

Old Post Sep 30th, 2001 10:35 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

IS this supposed to show a maturing of Luke, dropping the familiar name in favour of the more honourific?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2001 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Perhaps giving back Kenobis real name so everything can be restored?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2001 10:49 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

yerssot, I think that's a good way to look at it.

By the time we come to RotJ, I think Luke had a lot more stuff figured out. He knew now of what had gone on before, and he knew not to call Kenobi Ben, but by his real name, Obi-wan.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2001 03:47 AM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

And again there is the time-error.
I mean: Luke had a LOT of time to sort things out and question others about a certain Kenobi; BUT Luke knew already in ANH that it was OB1 and not Ben. hence: Leia's message.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2001 07:36 AM
Ratcat

I don't think Luke ever really learnt much of the Old Republic and the Jedi Order, a theme carried through into the EU.

Forms of reference for those times were all but destroyed, according to EU sources.

With nothing canon to discount that idea, and an unlikelihood of there ever being anything that will then we must fall back on the EU for that kind of info.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2001 08:47 AM
yerssot

OB1 was not the only old guy hanging around there. He can ask old people about the Jedi

Old Post Oct 1st, 2001 08:49 AM
Ratcat

Sure, they would know stories of the Jedi, but they probably wouldn't know much about the actual workings of the Jedi Order.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2001 08:50 AM
yerssot

the clean-up guy, cable-guy... plenty of choice

Old Post Oct 1st, 2001 10:22 AM