KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Whats better Marvel or DC.

Whats better Marvel or DC.
Started by: Rawcus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
Oh, speaking of missteps, the Wonder Woman TV pilot. And talks of WW movies keep following through. I do not think current DC higher ups get classic WW.

Yea, but largely in years past, and they aren't very good at leveraging those onto the screen (with some exception to the animated films).

You can't exactly do a "JLA Morrison Run" movie or TV show, after all.

A Green Lantern/Green Arrow would be cool, but dated. Ditto a lot of other classic runs.

Ones like Animal Man or Doom Patrol suffer from being such minor properties they likely aren't going to do well until you've really built up the brand already.

Rumor has it, they are casting WW to make a cameo in the Superman/Batman movie. From bleedingcool. Just because you fail now, doesn't mean you will fail down the road. If that were true, Marvel movies would still be crap. Like they have been before.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2013 05:23 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Golgo13
Rumor has it, they are casting WW to make a cameo in the Superman/Batman movie. From bleedingcool.

Yes I've read that. It's speculation based on what they're looking for for in an actress for one of the roles.

I hope it's true though. Superman slugging it out with Wonder Woman would be a lot of fun, whilst there's really no good way to have Batman and Supes slugging it out. Plus it's important to establish the trinity ASAP.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2013 07:20 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That wonder woman pilot sucked ass.

The Aquaman one, though, wasn't actually bad I thought.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2013 07:31 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

There was an Aquaman one? :/

Old Post Oct 1st, 2013 07:37 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

There was an Aquaman one? :/

Yeah. Mercy Reef it was called, iirc. The guy who played GA in Smallville played him. Ving Rhames and Louis Diamond Philips were in it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 1st, 2013 09:00 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Rumor has it, they are casting WW to make a cameo in the Superman/Batman movie. From bleedingcool. Just because you fail now, doesn't mean you will fail down the road. If that were true, Marvel movies would still be crap. Like they have been before.

That'd be a good move. I do hope they don't skip the WW movie and try and go strait to JLA, though.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2013 07:19 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

In terms of quality, marvel edges DC.
Marvel characters have more substance and are more relatable then the perfect DC characters. Also marvel cinema is better than DC Warner Bros cinema, not including the dark knight trilogy.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2013 10:17 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Firefly218
Marvel characters have more substance and are more relatable then the perfect DC characters. Also marvel cinema is better than DC Warner Bros cinema, not including the dark knight trilogy.

How are DC characters perfect?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2013 10:19 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Oct 15th, 2013 02:27 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

How are DC characters perfect?

DC characters are perfect in that they are seemingly invincible. Also their characters have the dumbest weaknesses.their writers tend to pack a whole lotta powers into a single characters and then give him/her the lamest weakness, like an alien rock(ie kryptonite)

Old Post Oct 15th, 2013 02:37 AM
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

DC characters are perfect in that they are seemingly invincible. Also their characters have the dumbest weaknesses.their writers tend to pack a whole lotta powers into a single characters and then give him/her the lamest weakness, like an alien rock(ie kryptonite)

QFT

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Oct 15th, 2013 02:41 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You're wrong pretty much completely, bar the stupid weakness part, but Marvel has that too, so you're still wrong.

Nothing wrong with disliking characters, but entire companies for outdated ideas? Come on.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 15th, 2013 02:50 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by -Pr-
You're wrong pretty much completely, bar the stupid weakness part, but Marvel has that too, so you're still wrong.

Nothing wrong with disliking characters, but entire companies for outdated ideas? Come on.
you're an outdated idea pr!

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 15th, 2013 01:06 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

sad

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 15th, 2013 07:25 PM
Senor Cage

But they're not perfect like you were saying and not really "invincible".

Old Post Oct 15th, 2013 07:34 PM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
QFT

What's true?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2013 07:35 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by -Pr-
sad
I'm sorry sad

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 16th, 2013 01:43 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

What's true?

I agree 100% with everything that was said.

I also just read this article from someone who is probably better equipped to comment on the subject:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...cking-dcs-clock

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Oct 16th, 2013 04:39 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I also just read this article from someone who is probably better equipped to comment on the subject:

But they aren't perfect. Hasn't been for a long time, if you read the stories. Plus, some of those so called weaknesses are no longer valid. Just want someone explaining their opinions a little better.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2013 08:55 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

he's talking about movies.

and the person you quoted? he's still wrong. Factually.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 12:19 AM