KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Star Trek Enterprise

Star Trek Enterprise
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tex
Yumsz

Question Star Trek Enterprise

Did anyone watch the new Star Trek show tonight? I thought it was really kewl, Scott Bakula makes a good captain!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 02:26 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I can't watch Star Trek. My roomate last year tried to make me watch it, and I just couldn't get into it.

I've seen the promos for the show. It's a rip off of the prequel trillogy. Lucas will probably sue someone.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 03:53 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Star Trek, What a boring show!!!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 06:27 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I'm really looking forward to Enterprise. I've been a big Star Trek fan since I was really ikkle.

Unfortunately some of Deep Space Nine Season 6 & 7 plus about 98% of Voyager really ruined it for me.

I loved all the movies, though "The Final Frontier" was terrible.

I am hoping that Enterprise can get back to the parts of Star Trek that I think were truest to Roddenberys vision.

• The Original Series - Though somewhat camp, that was more a sign of the times than bad production values.
  • Wrath of Khan - The Ultimate "Classic" Star Trek movie
  • The Voyage Home - Awesome
  • The Next Generation (Seasons 3-7) - Some duff episodes but generally well driven and inspired.
  • DS9 - The one I miss the most
As far as saying that Enterprise i "ripping off" the Prequel trilogy, what is that based on. Only about 4 or 5 season one show premises have been released and we have only seen 1/3 of the PT, How can you make a reasonable comparison unless it is prejudiced by a previous dislike...

I think Scott Bakula is a brilliant choice for the role of Captain Archer as well. He was BRILLIANT in Quantum leap.

I think the biggest problem people may have is reconciling the fact that this an era before the Original Series, TNG, DS9 & VGR. The ship is going to look better than the Original NCC-1701. But the NX-01 model has been developed in an era of much more sophisticated special effects and people need to remember that.

Anyway, I'm done, for now... wink

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 06:51 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

I was gonna watch it (sorry, fin) but forgot it was on and fell asleep early. It was a long day. Guess I only need 8 more excuses and I'll have enough for a t-shirt.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 10:07 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
I was gonna watch it (sorry, fin) and fell asleep

Originally posted By Gundark.

Need I say more big grin

what editing confused confused cool

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 10:13 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I believe she said she fell asleep BEFORE the show, not during. Doesn't really make you point Finti...

Besides, it's like a lot of shows; Some people love em and some people hate em. Me, I love Star Trek, but obviously I respect your right not to.

We all have our differences and, despite the current political climate, that is what makes this planet such a wonderful place. smile

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 11:54 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

My post cleary went over RC`s head.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 12:23 PM
Ratcat

Clearly big grin

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 12:55 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

finti is just more ultra cool than you can possibly imagine, RC.

How about dressing up as a vulcan for halloween, fin ?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 01:43 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yeah, I guess...

Me, I'm just a SciFi nerd..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 01:50 PM
Lara
Belladonna

Tongue

I c some people have a few issues they need to sort out!
anyway I quite like star trek when I get the chance to watch it!
My sisters always hogging the T.V!
cool laughing out loud big grin

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 02:37 PM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I agree with RC so much it is frightening. I pretty much ditto everything he says except my two movies of choice would be II and VI (The Undiscovered Country), not II and IV.

Lara, is that an older sister doding the hogging?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 05:37 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I think TUDC comes in 3rd on my list. smile

Looks like we have to wait a few months for Enterprise, though I understand that Sky have secured the contract for first show in the UK.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 09:19 PM
Tex
Yumsz

You dont have to wait, I can tell you what happens evil face

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 11:39 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Oh, I don't care about spoilers, love em!!!

I just wanna see the show and decide if they have managed to drag themselves back from the disaster that was the Voyager finale...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2001 06:20 AM
finti

quote:
How about dressing up as a vulcan for halloween, fin ?

dont celebrate Halloween in Norway

Old Post Sep 28th, 2001 07:24 AM
Ratcat

I love Halloween.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2001 07:38 AM
queeq
Chaos

This place is really going down the drain when we start discuss ST here. wink

Old Post Sep 28th, 2001 07:45 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Phasers on stun... laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 28th, 2001 08:57 AM