KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » most overrated artist

most overrated artist
Started by: finti

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
finti

most overrated artist

since we have bands we need a thread that can cover solo artist as well.

Tupac
Beck
eminem
Britney Spears
J.Timberlake
Nelly

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 06:51 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

oh that was very spitefull

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 07:49 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Finti named most of the ones I would have mentioned.

Also Celine Deon needs to be mentioned.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 10:10 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Curl_Up&Dye
Pretty in Pink

I like Beck.

www.deadjournal.com/users/xmystoryx
the angriest journal this side of angryville

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 01:12 PM
Curl_Up&Dye is currently offline Click here to Send Curl_Up&Dye a Private Message Find more posts by Curl_Up&Dye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i dunno how tupac is overrated or eminem. hmmm Nelly yea i guess he's kinda overrated. Eminem might be a little to overrated but cmon he's white smile his lyrics are great.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 03:53 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

Definately Britney Spears.

Celine Dion is talented, but definately overrated. There are plenty of other female artists with just as much talent, but nowhere near the diva level.

Shania Twain & Faith Hill - overrated.

I'm sure I'll think of others later. evil face

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 03:57 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
i dunno how tupac is overrated or eminem
how?, Whenever I hear Tupac I cant stop thinking that his death boosted his sales. There is nothing, in my mind, to his music at all. Eminem I just dont like, wanna be though guy.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 04:15 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

well 2 answer ur question i dont think that celine dion is over-rated. i think that she is a very talented artist. i mean MY HEART WILL GO ON was a massive hit. although the song might b over-rated(like titanic) but the song was HUGE. and, the power of love, i know that it was originally sung by laura branigan but she sung it very well. and if u think celine dion is over-rated u should listen 2 her greatest hits collection and i m sure that u will change ur opinion. AND: justin timberlake MY GOD this guy gets on my nerves. people say he is the next michael jackson. FOR HEAVENZ SAKE I HATE THAT GUY

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 04:19 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Celine Dion is a talented singer, but overrated as an artist. Let her write her own material then we will see her real talent
And the Power of Love was original sung by Jennifer Rush in 1985, Laura Brannigan had a cover of it 2 years later

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 04:25 PM
julibug

Yeah, alic88, I actually said that Celine Dion was talented. She has a wide vocal range. She generates hits. But there are other female singers with comparable talent who haven't been catipulted to the level of fame that she has. That's all. Personally, I prefer Sara Brightmen over Celine Dion anyday.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 04:32 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Sara have too much opera in her for my liking.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 04:38 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote:
how?, Whenever I hear Tupac I cant stop thinking that his death boosted his sales. There is nothing, in my mind, to his music at all. Eminem I just dont like, wanna be though guy.

tupac was great even before his "death". i can list so many songs that are masterpieces. you know y i like tupac...cuz he's not like other rappers. he sings with both hatred and love and sometimes at the same time. Eminem overrated? a wanna be? i dont know how he's a wanna be. he was influenced by Tupac and now he produced album Tupac:ressurection. which i think is great.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 05:13 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Tupac is overrated,in my eyes, cause his music doesnt have very much to it, Way to boring and ordinary, just my opinion though

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 05:55 PM
Bad Boy
Kevski

I respect all music, but Badly Drawn Boy.... nuff said!

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 08:52 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

You need to include Pink in that list. Pink is not the bad girl she think she is.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 08:58 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Difrycheulyd
Your Highness,I'm so high

quote:
Originally posted by SilverFighter
You need to include Pink in that list. Pink is not the bad girl she think she is.

why do you know her personally? wink

"Everyone plays the Hand they're dealt with, and Learns to walk through life, themselves not everything is handed on a plate, When people think your words are true, it doesn't matter what you do...I sold my soul to get here; how bout you?"

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 09:15 PM
Difrycheulyd is currently offline Click here to Send Difrycheulyd a Private Message Find more posts by Difrycheulyd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

finiti i dont think u have any songs by tupac. well thats what i think. anyway we all have opinions.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 09:15 PM
finti

quote:
finiti i dont think u have any songs by tupac
No I dont have any music by him and I aint gonna get it either. Dont buy cds by artists I dont like

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 10:31 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

oops my bad finti i ment to say "i dont think u have heard any songs by tupac' my bad

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 10:52 PM
julibug

quote:
Originally posted by finti
Sara have too much opera in her for my liking.

Yeah, but have you heard her cover of Procol Harum's "A Whiter Shade of Pale"? cool

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 12:09 AM