KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » most overrated artist

most overrated artist
Started by: finti

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Eminem is a hypocrite. Plus he's just annoying to listen to, his verbal skills are comparable to a retarded 2nd grader.

Also, he is indeed a wannabe, he acts black, he talks black, but he's a little blonde white boy...if that's not a wannabe then I don't know what is.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 01:31 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fungrl515

avril lavigne definitely

but, some artists don't get the attention they should. sara brightman is an amazing singer who just doesn't get too much attention because her music isn't very popular now, but she's one of the best singers ever.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 01:44 AM
fungrl515 is currently offline Click here to Send fungrl515 a Private Message Find more posts by fungrl515 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

Happy Dance Happy Dance Go Sara, Go Sara! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 02:06 AM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
dont think u have heard any songs by tupac'
if I hadnt heard songs by him i couldnt form an opinion either. Ohyeah I heard a lot of his stuff. My nephews lived at our house for awhile and the oldest one was listening to Tupac day in and day out. So I heard a lot of him.

And Juliebug yes I have heard Saras version of Whiter Shade of pale, and I have never been to keen on coversongs. Always been an original is best man

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 06:57 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i think laura branigan and bryan adams r UNDER-RATED

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 02:35 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

maybe Bryan, not Branigan

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 02:43 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gotta get rich
public enemy

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Eminem is a hypocrite. Plus he's just annoying to listen to, his verbal skills are comparable to a retarded 2nd grader.

Also, he is indeed a wannabe, he acts black, he talks black, but he's a little blonde white boy...if that's not a wannabe then I don't know what is.

no no no. i pity you man. yeah he acts and talks black, but seeing as he was brought up in a 80% black community, what do you expect? and seeing as us black folk accept him, it just seems stupid that white folk hold that against him. its just jealousy i suppose.

also, eminem is the greatest lyricist bar none. im not his biggest fan by along way, but i really hate it when people diss Eminem, because, no matter what you say, he is talented. even my white, rock and roll loving middle aged dad admits that. grow up man.

oh yeah, and he just dies his hair blond, his natural hair color is dark brown. shows how much you know bout him.

dont judge what you dont understand bro.

Never can you stop my hostility, Never love my enemy, never get me out your memory, I am never beaten lyrically. Never fear, go head & murder me so my God will be right next to me...

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 04:43 PM
gotta get rich is currently offline Click here to Send gotta get rich a Private Message Find more posts by gotta get rich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

of course eminem is talented, but even so what he does it just doesnt sound quite right

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 06:29 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

yea.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2003 11:50 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by gotta get rich
no no no. i pity you man. yeah he acts and talks black, but seeing as he was brought up in a 80% black community, what do you expect? and seeing as us black folk accept him, it just seems stupid that white folk hold that against him. its just jealousy i suppose.

also, eminem is the greatest lyricist bar none. im not his biggest fan by along way, but i really hate it when people diss Eminem, because, no matter what you say, he is talented. even my white, rock and roll loving middle aged dad admits that. grow up man.

oh yeah, and he just dies his hair blond, his natural hair color is dark brown. shows how much you know bout him.

dont judge what you dont understand bro.

First off, you're right, I don't know much about him, I don't want too because I don't wanna know about musicians that are bad. Blonde hair, brown hair, whatever, he acts black to gain easy credibility from his simple minded listeners who think that he's ghetto for talking in ebonix and what not.

Also, there isn't much to understand about eminem, he's a very generic rapper as far as I can see, I don't see much difference between his rap's and any other rapper I've heard. He's just a little wannabe Vannilla Ice, give him a couple of years, he'll probably rape a woman just like Ice did.

One thing I do understand about him though, he is a hypocrite.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 12:01 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i like Eminems opinions. WEll we all have opinons one what we want to talk or sing about. im not against u bf i respect ur opinions cuz ur cool and ur armenian smile (well thats what u say)

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 04:35 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blueboy

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
He's just a little wannabe Vannilla Ice, give him a couple of years, he'll probably rape a woman just like Ice did.

For starters, I hate eminem too and your right he would rape a woman. However, I don't understand how a guy who has had many hits like eminem would want to be like a guy who has had one hit and quickly vanished like Vanilla Ice.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 04:55 AM
blueboy is currently offline Find more posts by blueboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

vanilla ice sick

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 06:38 AM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

A hypocrite eminem might be, but there's nothing average about his rapping skills. Ace flow.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 02:29 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The Cure, off the top of my head. Most mainstream rap and pop "artists."

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 05:24 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

im going to pretend i didn't see someone say "EM isnt lyrical" as i scrolled down

but EM is the most ovverated rapper love the dude. but his fans are the strangest mu****as you'll ever meet

even EM used to diss them
the "hey. hes white, im white. so we must have alot in common therefore hes the best rapper ever despite my lack of Hip hop or Rap knowledge" proportion anyways. no expression

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 07:05 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

^ eminem is pretty annoying imo, lyrical content set aside his voice and style irks me to no end.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 04:16 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Nirvana. Good song writing, mediocre to bad everything else. The only guy there who could really be considered good with his instrument was Dave Grohl ( hilariously he also is a better guitarist than Colbain was ) .

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 02:48 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Nirvana. Good song writing, mediocre to bad everything else. The only guy there who could really be considered good with his instrument was Dave Grohl ( hilariously he also is a better guitarist than Colbain was ) .

Nirvana had a huge impact on rock 'n roll, and perhaps that is why you think they're overrated, but playing complicated stuff does not necessarily make a band good. (in fact simpler is often better). Making good songs is what it's about. Which is why Nirvana > Dream Theater (for example). Real feeling > soulless complexity. Which is why a band like Tool is ideal, because they have complexity, soul, and great songs. Now, if you don't like grunge-type stuff, that's one thing, but Nirvana defines that style, and it's excellent.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 05:17 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Nirvana had a huge impact on rock 'n roll, and perhaps that is why you think they're overrated, but playing complicated stuff does not necessarily make a band good. (in fact simpler is often better). Making good songs is what it's about. Which is why Nirvana > Dream Theater (for example). Real feeling > soulless complexity. Which is why a band like Tool is ideal, because they have complexity, soul, and great songs. Now, if you don't like grunge-type stuff, that's one thing, but Nirvana defines that style, and it's excellent.
I stopped paying attention the moment you said Nirvana was better than Dream Theater. You nearly had me with "simpler is better" though. I will never understand the idiotic notion that it is better to be crappy with an instrument than great with one. And Nirvana just made popular shit that already existed, Colbain hated that people praised him for defining a whole genre of music.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 05:55 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote