KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » New situation

New situation
Started by: finti

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
finti

let me try this again. USA claims they were attaced from abroad. They also claim this attack to be an act of war. After the USA handed over the evidence aiming bin Ladens network, Nato accepted the US claim that the attack was an act of war.
When Nato decided to accept US claims, means that when one membering NAto country is attacked ALL the membering countries are attacked. This is the article 5.(one for all, all for one)
WAR is not decleared yet but TECHNICALLY we are at war according to the Nato resolution.
I quote the Norwegian minister of foreign affairs
"NATO has accepted the proof that the terrorist attack in NYC and W.DC is looked at as an foreign attack, and this means it is an attack on all membering countries"

quote:
But I think I do remember reading that the US itself has decided not to invoke article 5.

USA has taken it to NATO for support. NATO agreed to the American claim. Artical 5 is then automatically invoked.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 06:57 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

AWWE, our first war since Korea....

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 07:56 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

what about the Kosovo conflict

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 08:07 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Any one been in the military (tour of duty) or in the reserves.

I did my tour of duty in the army`s infantry division.
Now I`m enlisted in the reserves mobilizing forces. And of course our yearly drill comes now. Man its gonna be strict this year.
Im so not looking forward to a week in the mud sad

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 09:21 AM
queeq
Chaos

Kosovo was a peace mission.

So was Srebenica, but then our guys didn't have guns. Hardly a war that.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 11:06 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Planes bombed Belgrade as I recalled, that is not a peacemission.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 11:17 AM
queeq
Chaos

But it was. And that was UN, not NATO. This is legally different. Here we actually declare war.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 11:33 AM
Raz
Meister

Admin

"This war is not like any other war we've seen before"...yada yada ya

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 12:28 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

We're not at war; article 5 just said that we should support the attacked country
so by giving 5franks (=0.12$) we supported the US big grin

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 12:43 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think Belgrade WAS NATO, actually. I think there was a lot of controversy about that. It was NATO's first military move... ever. Because even Korea was the UN. But it was technically outside NATO's remit. It was a joint operation with the Russians, and then of course the Chinese got narked when their embassy was hit.

Finti, I think the idea is that while the other NATO countries have accepted that article 5 applies, the US is not actually expected to call on their direct military support as the article entitles them to.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 12:44 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Kosovo conflict was a war indeed. Norway got involved by sending fighter planes(f-16) and they participated in the bombing of Belgrade. It was the first time since ww2 Norwegian military forces had taken a part in an attack on a foreign country. And it is still a NATO operation going on on the Balkans.

The article V is called "One for all, all for one" and if the USA wants help with an enemy, we (the other 18 NATO members) are obligated to come to their aid.

The enemy question is kind of diffuse, but there is no doubt Afghanistan is the target. So should it be the terrorist camps the Taliban forces.

USA has decleared war on terrorisme, so if they are at war so are the other NATO members. So in a technically (again) sence we are at war with terrorisme.

Did anybody watch Prime minister Tony Blairs press conferance yesterday?
He is picking a fight with the Taliban.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 02:53 PM
queeq
Chaos

"Surrender the terrorists or surrender power."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 03:08 PM
yerssot

Nobody listen to me! I feel like Calimero!
Article 5 is that the attacked country receivs militairy OR OTHER support against the country that attacked them

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 03:14 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Well yerssot thats what s been said all along just in other words.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 04:57 PM
yerssot

Simple you have to keep it! Mesa not understand very well things, difficult English is!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 08:08 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Bah! Who needs regular verbs...?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 08:14 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

What? Do we speak English here?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 08:17 PM
finti

Have anybody, beside myself , had any military experience?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 08:21 PM
yerssot

I: watergun-experience for 14 years.

Seriously: I hope that no-body has to go to the army here!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 08:24 PM
finti

Already in it mate.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 08:25 PM