KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Ascertain the fate of The One

Ascertain the fate of The One
Started by: The Omega

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Omega
Z10N0101

SimplePriest> After doing some INTENSIVE study on the subject I conclude the following: Neo’s “died” three times now. At the end of M1, of Reloaded and at the end of Revolutions. The first two times he was brought back. If we use the Karma-take on this, then he wasn’t ready to leave, yet. His purpose was not fulfilled.

How did Neo kill Smith? He was hooked up to the Matrix by the Master-machine. We can debate whether or not that was THE machine main-frame or not, but it is, at the very least, connected to it. Neo is not hacked into the Matrix. He’s uploaded by the machines themselves.
When Smith infects Neo, this exile (Smith) suddenly gets reconnected to the Source (since the avatar Neo is). The place he refused to go to, after Neo deleted him at the end of M1! Since all the Smiths are connected the machines can connect to each and every one of them. And basically retrieve the code of “Smith, program” and complete the deletion.

We don’t see Neo’s avatar/digital self lying in the crater at the end of Revolutions. Even if Neo DID die, we should see the avatar (Jue, Apoc, Switch, Mouse, Soren & crew). The end is reminiscent of the Arthur myth. King Arthur defeats Mordred, who’s destroying his kingdom, and does so one on one. Just like Neo defeats Smith one on one. But Arthur is mortally wounded, and is sailed off to the Isle of Avalon for healing. In Revolutions Neo’s self is mortally wounded, and we see him being transported off to be healed.
It is said in the myth of Arthur, that he would return if he would be needed again. This myth, of an ancient king rising, if his kingdom is in danger is found throughout the north of Europe (even here in Denmark we have a myth of an ancient king, who sits as a Viking statue, with sword and shield, and will rise if Denmark is in danger).
Conclusion: Neo is not dead! His digital self was retrieved to his body and sailed off to a place of healing.
The Matrix cannot reload without the anomaly, as that is PART of the programming OF the Matrix. The anomaly contains the total collective subconscious disbelief IN the virtual world. Without it being assimilated with the Source, this collective disbelief will crash the system.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 01:21 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

The ONLY problem I have with Neo being alive (which I hope he is), it would mean Smith is still alive. Why? I hear you ask. Because Smith IS Neo, but who knows wink

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 01:25 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Smith is the opposite of The One. Not of Neo. smile

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 01:28 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

Ok.... I think I understand... I'm gonna have to let that one sit for a while

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 01:40 AM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

SimplePriest> wink
So did it sink in?

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 12:51 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Omega> So you're saying that Neo is alive but not in the matrix...hmmm...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 01:07 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

JediHDM> Yes. I decided to have a look around the web for various references to the end of Revolutions. And the one that I found MOST descriptive is The Arthurian Legends. Ever since the 5th I thought Neo was “sailed” away like a Viking funeral or like King Arthur was. And what did I realise?
That my knowledge of the Arthurian Myth were slightly lacking. Arthur didn’t die, but was sailed off to Avalan for healing, and would remain on the magical island until he would once again be needed.

At first I thought that Neo somehow “joined” with the Matrix, that he was spread out through all the Smiths. But then I thought: If Neo’s in the Matrix, then Smith must still be there, too. It’s either both or none. And there was no need for Neo to be spread out, the Smith-virus was connected to itself BY itself.

The final piece in the puzzle was remembering Neo’s digital self wasn’t lying in the crater next to the Oracle, and the Oracle saying, we may see Neo again some day. And the Speak-machine saying: It is done. WHO did it talk to?

The only explanation I can see is, as I wrote above, that just as King Arthur was mortally wounded, so Neo’s self was mortally wounded (the reason we don’t see him moving), and as Arthur was sailed off for healing, so was Neo. His digital self was retrieved from the Matrix, as is custom when jacking out. There was no need for a hard-wire, as Neo was uploaded to the Matrix from the main-frame itself. That could download the residual self-image. This also explains our problem with Neo’s body glowing in the shape of a lotus blossom when he’s being sailed away.

(Looks around) Okay, I better get back to work big grin

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 03:03 PM
xeous
The Next.

Re: Ascertain the fate of The One

Also: Is THIS a coincidence (From M1)
(please log in to view the image) [/B][/QUOTE]

Does it say "OC" on Smith's chest (with the white light)?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 03:16 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

..mmm, and what would it mean if it did?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 05:19 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Johan-El

The Omega> I like your Arthurian legend theory. I like it A LOT ;-). Feels like another missing piece of mythology has been inserted into the puzzle.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 09:00 PM
Johan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Johan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Johan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acolyte

Whoops. Sorry bout that pic. I didn't realize it was that big when I added it.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 10:25 PM
Acolyte is currently offline Click here to Send Acolyte a Private Message Find more posts by Acolyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

When did Neo die in Reloaded?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 10:28 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LiQuiD

Omega! that makes perfect sense to me now. one of my doubts was the fact the plug was just pulled from neo... kinda liek cypher pulled out switch's and apoc's; they both died. But liek u said, neo isnt hacking into the matrix... he is connected to it directly, so whos to say that he would need an exit to disconnect? or maybe, just liek neo was unplugged in reloaded, but his mind remained in the matrix, the same thing could have hapenned here... wither way.. ibelieve neo is alive in both body and mind. however... 2 questiosn remain. why woudl the machines save neo? and what was that light neo gave off while "dying" at the end?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 11:36 PM
LiQuiD is currently offline Click here to Send LiQuiD a Private Message Find more posts by LiQuiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Xeous> When he stopped the sentinels. The Oracle explains in M3 that Neo wasn’t ready to use his powers, and that it should’ve killed him. But apparently he wasn’t ready for that either. Hence the reason he ended up in the place between the Matrix and the Machine World, Mobil Ave, were programs usually meant for deletion waits for the train.
Hence the reason he’s dressed in Mero-suit, as he was uploaded through a Merovingian controlled back-door.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 11:38 PM
MR ANDERSON
The ONE

the oricle in m2 explained to neo that programmes that outlived thier use where eithier deleted or hid somewhere.l bet smith was deleted coz like was said earlier, he was brought back to the machine link when he copied onto neo.the machines could therefore delete him coz he was no longer independant of the link.hence the surge of energy seen in neo's body as smith is being deleted.neo however still lives coz the machines still needed him to keep the matrix alive.they used neo 5 times before to control the small % of those who did not accept the matrix and if ever the peace was lost, they would need him again hence the oricle saying so to the girl at the end.
l saw an interview of neo before the movie and he was asked to sum it up in 10sec.he ended saying neo would deliver knowledge.thats to the source.the past 5 neo's got better every time coz the machines took info from thier experiences and used it to better the next ones.an upgrade so to speak.so neo isnt dead but his programme is alive and awaits further use hence we see the orange glow coz l think its neo linked in the machine's programme tho his body is dead coz thats just a shell.
might be wrong thats my thought.hope it makes sense.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 01:31 AM
MR ANDERSON is currently offline Click here to Send MR ANDERSON a Private Message Find more posts by MR ANDERSON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

Yes Omega, she did say that he wasn't ready to die. Which means that he wasn't dead. I don't really follow...

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 03:43 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

He was supposed to be dead, but he didn't die, just like at the end of Matrix when he died, and he was supposed to stay dead, but didn't...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 04:40 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

I agree with jedi

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 05:28 AM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Acolyte> I'm deleting the post with the MASSIVE picture in it, as it's making this page impossible to read. Please post your ideas again, if you like smile

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 05:25 PM
Korri

i hope you guys r right!!! coz then i wouldnt be stuck in a box of tissues and boxes of chocolates all the time!! eek!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 05:29 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote