KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Ascertain the fate of The One

Ascertain the fate of The One
Started by: The Omega

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jetzhere101
i can feel it

but as it is said that the "body cant live without the mind" but "the mind can live without the body"

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 12:46 PM
jetzhere101 is currently offline Click here to Send jetzhere101 a Private Message Find more posts by jetzhere101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

"your body is a relic, a mere vessel"

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 01:15 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

No one says in the movies that "the mind can live without the body."

What is explicitly said is "The body cannot live without the mind."

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 01:48 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

He has converted into another form of energy....passed on further from our world as humans.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 08:07 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Verity> I doubt it, very much. That’s way too “religiously” wink
Ever seen Ghost in a Shell?

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 01:34 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jetzhere101
i can feel it

i agree that no one says that the mind cant live without the body but it was shown that neo cud plug in the matrix without his physical self so we can consider the abv. statement...........

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 07:40 AM
jetzhere101 is currently offline Click here to Send jetzhere101 a Private Message Find more posts by jetzhere101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

Yeah Omega...maybe....but hasn't it been stated that some of the bkground of this story is religious?
Anyway....maybe it's just my wishful thinking! :/

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 04:46 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

i havent seen revolutions for a while- has somebody the ability/time to post pictures from the final scene?

what neo looks like
the 'fire vision' shot
etc

as this could help clarify exactly what happens at the end.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 04:16 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Verity> Yes, there are indeed religious ASPECTS in the Matrix movies. But the theme as such is far from being religious. Or rather – it questions religion. Neo is the One – because the prophecy SAYS so. No, Neo can be proven to be the One, he has extraordinary powers.
But – it is JUST another system of control. Just as religion is “a” means of control.
“The One was never MEANT to end anything,” as Neo says in Reloaded.
Fate and prophecies restrict our free will.
Neo doesn’t end the war BECAUSE he’s The One. He does so, because he – Neo - chooses to do so.

Then there’s the theme of “reincarnation” from Hindi and Buddhist myths. But it is not Neo who’s been reborn over and over and over. It’s the anomaly which has been given a new shell – like a peculiar kind of virtual “soul”, that’s tried and tried six times now.
But to break the cycle of reincarnation you need to free yourself of the chains of what it means to be human. In Reloaded, however, it is one of those chains – love – that makes it possible for Neo (and the anomaly) to progress further than any other One has done before.

So to me – at least – following religious THEMES to interpret the end of Revolutions will just lead me astray. Is Neo a Messiah? With a soul (anomaly) created by God (The Arhitect), who goes to paradise (the first Matrix), when the shell (Neo) dies? Uh, I hope not?
Is Neo a boddhisatva (an enlightened individual) whose soul (the anomaly) has seen past the illusion of reality (The Matrix) and now transcends that? Doesn’t really fit either, does it?
Most religions see the “flesh” as “evil” or inherently “evil”, while the soul is pure. But frankly, I’d rather see the anomaly go somewhere, and Neo (the flesh) live. smile
And I think he did survive.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 03:50 PM
The Alpha
anomaly

omega> Religious or Biblious?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:23 AM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Osiris> In what context? I can't possibly guess what you mean here, can I?

Biblious is a subset of religious, so...

"... Most guys do."

Last edited by The Omega on Dec 29th, 2003 at 04:00 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 03:55 PM
Verity

Osiris> As always...u have the answers and I stand corrected! What can I say after that? wink

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 03:58 PM
mook

omega>But frankly, I’d rather see the anomaly go somewhere, and Neo (the flesh) live.

i still think the flesh/human/body part of neo is dead.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 04:14 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

I think so too....
Whatever u wanna call it spirit, code, any term u want....the flesh itself is gone, and if I'd have to call it something, can I call it essence? That would be the only thing to me hangin' around of Neo. The machines have kept his flesh to do whatever they want with it....That was his compromise. That after he was done, the machines could have him.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 04:22 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

And the next step of evolution? For man and machine?
If Neo and the anomaly become One, they belong to BOTH worlds. wink

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 12:28 AM
Nemiziz

Warning Neo is Dead

Neo is dead because he is the one and the ones path ends when he stops the war and defeats smith

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 11:40 PM
Nemiziz is currently offline Click here to Send Nemiziz a Private Message Find more posts by Nemiziz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Nemiziz> So? There are many endings that doesn't mean people die, you know? The end of a movie doesn't mean EVERYONE and everything dies - would be bad for the movie-industry!

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 03:31 PM
super pr*xy

i posted this somewhere in this forum but i'll post it again, what the heck...

at the end of revolutions, sati asked the oracle if they would see neo again... she said eventually or someday or something to that effect... which has led me to the conclusion that the peace between man and machine would indeed end... hence they (the machines) would need to reinsert the code/ program of the anomaly sooner or later... what happened with neo's body (or mind, brain) was that the machines used it as a disk... a mere vessel, a relic where the can keep the code and reinsert it when the need arises...

so neo's body could indeed be "dead", but the code he carries remains intact within his mind/ brain...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 02:27 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
And the next step of evolution? For man and machine?
If Neo and the anomaly become One, they belong to BOTH worlds. wink

That's what we are today....almost!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 09:54 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

(Looks at Verity)
.... So... you're part... machine-code? (peeeeeers)
smile

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2004 12:30 AM