KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Ascertain the fate of The One

Ascertain the fate of The One
Started by: The Omega

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Alpha
anomaly

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote:
Originally posted by Numo
I've been thinking about this a long time and I come to a decision. Neo's not dead. I watched Revolutions and I see at the end when he is on the funeral barge, it glows gold, his body however glows bright white. Now I know that he must return to the source in order for the temporary dissemination of the code he carries to take place, as the Architect says. the matrix was remade so he must have returned to the source.

Currently i believe that he is in the Machine World, where all programs come from, like Rama Kandra (if you remember Mobil Ave is a place between the Matrix and the machine world- the machine world was also teh place Neo travelled to to see the Architect) and he will return to the matrix one day as the Oracle says.


Not he but his RSI. smile


__________________

Old Post May 11th, 2004 11:05 AM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Daily Planet

quote:
Originally posted by Numo
I've been thinking about this a long time and I come to a decision. Neo's not dead. I watched Revolutions and I see at the end when he is on the funeral barge, it glows gold, his body however glows bright white. Now I know that he must return to the source in order for the temporary dissemination of the code he carries to take place, as the Architect says. the matrix was remade so he must have returned to the source.

Currently i believe that he is in the Machine World, where all programs come from, like Rama Kandra (if you remember Mobil Ave is a place between the Matrix and the machine world- the machine world was also teh place Neo travelled to to see the Architect) and he will return to the matrix one day as the Oracle says.


yes, he did touch the source, but the dissemination of the code he carried did NOT occur. if the temporary dissemination did occur, neo would have to pick 23 individuals from the existing matrix, after which the matrix would be reloaded and updating it to the latest version, the 7th if i am not mistaken. then all that has happened would be in nobody's memory, even the oracle because that places them back to square one. and lastly, if the afformentioned took place, we would see neo up on his feet at the end of revolutions because beacuse him and the 23 other people will have to rebuild zion...


__________________

Old Post May 12th, 2004 12:49 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote:
Originally posted by shake zula
yes, he did touch the source, but the dissemination of the code he carried did NOT occur. if the temporary dissemination did occur, neo would have to pick 23 individuals from the existing matrix, after which the matrix would be reloaded and updating it to the latest version, the 7th if i am not mistaken. then all that has happened would be in nobody's memory, even the oracle because that places them back to square one. and lastly, if the afformentioned took place, we would see neo up on his feet at the end of revolutions because beacuse him and the 23 other people will have to rebuild zion...


just to reiterate, Neo could only choose to reset the Matrix while talking to the Architect, and he had to make the choice. since he didn't do that, no matter how many times he touched the source thereafter, he couldn't reset the matrix. Neo stopped the reset, through his choice, and then the matrix was saved by his choice. But this is not Matrix v.3.7...this is Matrix v3.6.a...or something like that...perhaps even v 4.0


__________________


FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post May 12th, 2004 04:18 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United Kingdom

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
just to reiterate, Neo could only choose to reset the Matrix while talking to the Architect, and he had to make the choice. since he didn't do that, no matter how many times he touched the source thereafter, he couldn't reset the matrix. Neo stopped the reset, through his choice, and then the matrix was saved by his choice. But this is not Matrix v.3.7...this is Matrix v3.6.a...or something like that...perhaps even v 4.0

Alpha i think that we are in agreement, what you call RSI i call consciousness.

Jedi, Neo does not reset the matrix, the Architect does. The One has to return to the source before he can do this however. Your theory of what matrix it is though is interesting, I don't agree with it but I respect your right to voice it.

I believe that The One is born with normal matrix code just like everyone else, he then upgrades it within himself when he becomes the One, it is this code that the Architect uses to reset and upgrade the matrix to a new version.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 11:25 AM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote:
Originally posted by Numo
Alpha i think that we are in agreement, what you call RSI i call consciousness.

Jedi, Neo does not reset the matrix, the Architect does. The One has to return to the source before he can do this however. Your theory of what matrix it is though is interesting, I don't agree with it but I respect your right to voice it.

I believe that The One is born with normal matrix code just like everyone else, he then upgrades it within himself when he becomes the One, it is this code that the Architect uses to reset and upgrade the matrix to a new version.


well, it seems we do agree on something, then, as Voltaire said it best, 'i do not agree with a word you say, but i defend to the death your right to say it'

...i do think it is Neo that resets the matrix, or rather, Neo would have reset it, if he had chosen to. I also do not believe he is born 'normal', but rather that he has the code his whole life, it just sits there, undeveloped, unused. i think this because the architect says that all 'ones' are based on a similar predication, meaning that they are 'created equal' so to speak, but that their experiences change who they become. they are all the 'Ones' because their code says they are the 'ones', but it is changed just like we are changed by our environment. It is not this changed code that is used to reset the Matrix, but the fact that the one is not in the matrix anymore that allows the defeat of the -1, smith, just as he was defeated in revolutions. then, the original code is placed back in neo, and he would choose 23 individuals.


__________________


FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post May 12th, 2004 04:55 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BioLogos
Member

Gender: Female
Location: United States

Hmmmm. I've got to think about this....

Old Post May 13th, 2004 01:53 AM
BioLogos is currently offline Click here to Send BioLogos a Private Message Find more posts by BioLogos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
well, it seems we do agree on something, then, as Voltaire said it best, 'i do not agree with a word you say, but i defend to the death your right to say it'

...i do think it is Neo that resets the matrix, or rather, Neo would have reset it, if he had chosen to. I also do not believe he is born 'normal', but rather that he has the code his whole life, it just sits there, undeveloped, unused. i think this because the architect says that all 'ones' are based on a similar predication, meaning that they are 'created equal' so to speak, but that their experiences change who they become. they are all the 'Ones' because their code says they are the 'ones', but it is changed just like we are changed by our environment. It is not this changed code that is used to reset the Matrix, but the fact that the one is not in the matrix anymore that allows the defeat of the -1, smith, just as he was defeated in revolutions. then, the original code is placed back in neo, and he would choose 23 individuals.


And that changes in Neo were due to his love. smile


__________________

Old Post May 18th, 2004 06:29 AM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United Kingdom

Being the One is like being in love.


__________________
"Why do my eyes hurt?"
"You've never used them before."

"Always remember...your focus determines your reality."

May whatever God you believe in...have mercy on your RSIs. May the source be with you.

To know the truth, you must risk everything.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 12:02 PM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United Kingdom

Ok well lets just Say NEO is being keeped in the Matrix untill somthing else bad happens like Smith or somthing like that.

Theres no way Neo could ever have a chance againts fighting againts loads of smiths at once, Yes Maby in reloaded but in revolutions he couldnt even defete agent Smith, There was 100,00,00's of Smiths on that street and in the citys i dont think there is no way Neo could fight againts nothing like that.

SO incase somthing else does come Back and Neo is needed how will or can he fight againts that?

Old Post May 31st, 2004 11:33 AM
DenKi is currently offline Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Daily Planet

you have to understand that not every smith is gonna be as powerful as smith. the original smith is only as powerful as the one, that is why neo kinda let smith copy him because if they kept fighting, it will end up as a draw. plus, every other anomaly chose to save zion and the smith virus was never out of control in the previous five versions of the matrix. and there will be little chance that the smith virus will be out of control in the next (repaired) matrix because he is not needed to find the carrier of the anomaly code because there is no anomaly code.


__________________

Old Post May 31st, 2004 05:15 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ItHasYou
Junior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

My only question to everyone is what is the purpose of the little girl. She didn't have a purpose before because back at the train station her parents said they had no purpose now and are on there way to deletion. But there she was in the matrix at the end of M3 and the oracle asked her if she made the sky that way and she said yes. What does that mean? Any Thoughts?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 02:51 AM
ItHasYou is currently offline Click here to Send ItHasYou a Private Message Find more posts by ItHasYou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo6.0
Member

Gender:
Location: United States

Ascertain the fate of The One

I have mixed feelings about Neo's supposed demise. Part of me says he became soup for the other copper tops and that he ascended and merged with the Source. The idea of him staying a live seems to me like I'm rejecting reality because I don't want the Matrix to end.

The prophecy came true. Neo's arrival summoned the end of the system used to control humanity. Neo recieved what he asked for. Peace. ( I think I would've said, "Dude, I want Trinity back. laughing ) The fact that Neo survived that large code shot through him seems unlikely. It also makes him more heroic and legendary. The past five merely sacrificed their power so humanity could rebuild Zion and continue the loop. The Ones came and went. Neo sacrificed himself so humans and machines could begin the path toward reunion with the other. Also, would Neo really want to live without Trinity? When a person looses their soulmate, they usually don't recover completely. When Deus Ex says, "It is done" I believe its merely saying "it's as you want it." Also, why would Neo be spoken to if he would just fall unconsicous before he even has the chance to register this? The shot of the Lotus Blossom is that Neo became enlightened by giving up everything for peace. It's just a shot of his divinity. The code has now fully become fully balanced and is slowly returning to the Source.

Then, the fact that in the Matrix Online, a player can't die because of a system the machines used does present a possiblity. The player is jacked out before any serious damage is inflicted. That may be what that white flare that remained after Neo/Smith exploded, or it could have been Neo's RSI being obilerated. The fact the Oracle says we may see him again says there will be a new one if the system collaspes back into this version. She didn't always know.

Whatever happened, I hope Neo soon finds his peace if he didn't already.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 05:10 AM
Neo6.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo6.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo6.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ska57
~!~

Gender: Male
Location: good ol' midwest

Why didn't Neo bring Trinity back to life in M3????

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 02:46 AM
ska57 is currently offline Click here to Send ska57 a Private Message Find more posts by ska57 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Gender: Male
Location: United States

he couldn't...all his powers are in the matrix. In the real world, he is normal. Thus, she died just like anyone else dies.


__________________


FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 08:28 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

and i would have walked out of the cinema no expression

god you cant have a little happiness without someone trying to spoil it for you sad

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 05:37 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ska57
~!~

Gender: Male
Location: good ol' midwest

Could you jack Trinity into the Matrix when she is dead and go there too and bring her back to life? (stupid question I know)

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 01:57 AM
ska57 is currently offline Click here to Send ska57 a Private Message Find more posts by ska57 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Daily Planet

no. she is brain dead among other things. there are no electrical impulses in the brain anymore... nothing that the system could interpret. and even if you can, why would you wanna pi$$ of korri?


__________________

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 02:13 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Gender: Male
Location: United States

no. the mind must be alive to jack in. if the body is dead, the mind is dead.


__________________


FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 02:13 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ska57
~!~

Gender: Male
Location: good ol' midwest

Sorry, that was stupid of me! I am trying to make at least some sense of the Matrix movies, and I don't understand anything verywell (as I just demonstrated).

In M2, did the architect say something like he has made five previous Matrix things and each time he has destroyed it and now he is becoming exceedingly efficient at it???????? (If I even quoted half right) what does that mean?? Why does he want to destroy it??? Does he want to???

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 02:19 AM
ska57 is currently offline Click here to Send ska57 a Private Message Find more posts by ska57 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote:
Originally posted by ska57
Sorry, that was stupid of me! I am trying to make at least some sense of the Matrix movies, and I don't understand anything verywell (as I just demonstrated).

In M2, did the architect say something like he has made five previous Matrix things and each time he has destroyed it and now he is becoming exceedingly efficient at it???????? (If I even quoted half right) what does that mean?? Why does he want to destroy it??? Does he want to???





To make a long story short, yes he wants that to happen, it is all a kind of control, since they can't stop the "one" from occuring, they have found ways to manipulate and predict what the "one" and the humans will do in order to keep them from breaking free of the matrix.


__________________

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 03:34 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 11:20 AM.
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Ascertain the fate of The One

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.