KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Ascertain the fate of The One

Ascertain the fate of The One
Started by: The Omega

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Korri

oh and guys, why would you want to bring her back to life?? sick

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 02:20 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ska57
~!~

I didn't say "I" wanted to bring her back to life, just wondering if Neo loved her so much why didn't he? But then you guys told me that she was brain dead, Neo was just a human outside the Matrix, blah, blah, blah....

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 08:53 PM
ska57 is currently offline Click here to Send ska57 a Private Message Find more posts by ska57 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

What if every thing that happened in revolutions happened before. And peace between machines and humans allways takes place. What if what Neo thought he did different wasn't different at all from the previouse ones. What if The Omega was realy one of the Wachowski brothers. What if. What if. What if... Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 08:58 PM
Superfly4000 is currently offline Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by ska57
I didn't say "I" wanted to bring her back to life, just wondering if Neo loved her so much why didn't he? But then you guys told me that she was brain dead, Neo was just a human outside the Matrix, blah, blah, blah....

he didnt no expression thats my theory

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 04:11 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

Hey, my siggy it that what SimplePriest said, like it?

It's been like that for a while, you didn't give me the idea.

Anyway, I've been thinking for a while now, and the idea isn't from this board either but like someone said on this board before, Neo or Morpheus will die.

Neo doesn't die in 1, 2 then I'm thinking in 3. It makes sense (even though Neo shouldn't die, sob and cry), that was the time to come, Neo dies and not Morpheus.

Is Neo dead?

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 06:47 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

I thought I read all the posts on 1st page (I mean ALL that exist), and that took ages because you all posted really long posts then I see there's another 9 PAGES!? I'm not gonna read them all, as much as I'd like to I can't, I'll be here all evening until late tonight.....

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2004 06:52 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

that is up to you, but all of the threads, wait, correction, most of the old threads, are very, VERY good reads, even if it would take a week or so to read them all...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 08:54 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

it only took me an hour or so to read all the pages. they're not all long.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 07:34 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seansurfn2

the ending

quote:
Originally posted by mc pee pants
it only took me an hour or so to read all the pages. they're not all long.

just read alot of the discussions after watching the movie because i didnt understand the ending.. just thought maybe neo is in control the whole time and lets smith take him over thus at that point hes become the machine itself and deletes smith and even his physical self but his digital self or soul etc etc has taken over that talking head thing? just a wild guess? noticed it says "it's done" why would the machine say that? maybe its neo who said that hes the machines at that point.. maybe thats why when the machine asked if u fail... he confidently said he wouldnt because he knew this is what would happen already... he perhaps realized earlier in the movie what he has to do?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 10:49 AM
seansurfn2 is currently offline Click here to Send seansurfn2 a Private Message Find more posts by seansurfn2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

oh for god sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 03:08 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

:blink blink:

:twitch:

what?!

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 06:29 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

I like pie.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 08:07 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

Re: the ending

quote:
Originally posted by seansurfn2
just read alot of the discussions after watching the movie because i didnt understand the ending.. just thought maybe neo is in control the whole time and lets smith take him over thus at that point hes become the machine itself and deletes smith and even his physical self but his digital self or soul etc etc has taken over that talking head thing? just a wild guess? noticed it says "it's done" why would the machine say that? maybe its neo who said that hes the machines at that point.. maybe thats why when the machine asked if u fail... he confidently said he wouldnt because he knew this is what would happen already... he perhaps realized earlier in the movie what he has to do?

i'm scraping the bottom of my matrix barrel so i'll be generous and try to explain this to you...

first off, no. neo was NOT in control. smith and neo are TRUE equals. if neo didn't permit smith to take over, they would've been fighting for a long- A VERY long time. neo understood that he needed to sacrifice himself for smith to be defeated.

the machine said "it is done" because, pay attention here- this is an important part... IT IS DONE. there is no more war, both in the matrix and in the real world. neo did NOT become the machine, though it is very debatable that he-- or his code rather-- merged with the matrix program itself.

neo was confident that he could kick smiddy"s @ss since he did it before. and now that he has increased his powers and believe that he is truly the one, he could do it again with no problem. that's why he said he would not fail. plus he was p!ssed off 'cause trin just died. and he already realized what he neede to do after the first matrix movie.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 11:47 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
:blink blink:

:twitch:

what?!

im geting impatient...

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 09:43 AM
oxymoron_02
There is no capital 'o'

New member, I pretty much only signed up to say this.

"The Omega" has to be the most pretentious, self-conceited, bigoted egotistical person I have ever seen 'helping' others.
Starts off saying that the ending is freely interpretable to all users, ends up trying to cram their own developed view on people who ask.

I believe myself that at the end Anderson(man) is dead, but Neo(program/The One) is alive. Neo remains in The Matrix, all happy and cavorting with other programs, with no RSI while the Anderson body is carted off to be regenerated.
Now whether the Machine(as in the big daddy of them all) already has something that can renaimate dead tissue is debatable, but I suppose it wouldn't take long for it to create one. If you linked all computers on the planet today, introduced a basic AI program, and input data on how the living body works and how death makes it dead, the collective computer network would be able to find a cure. The only reason for linking them is to make the process faster anyway.
Whatever.
After Anderson's body is reanimated, it will be 'jacked in', and the RSI/Neo program reinserted.

All this is my own speculation, but it seems highly logical. At the end of the day the whole Matrix needs Neo to operate. Neo cannot be Neo without being individualised. In order for that to happen the Anderson body must be reanimated.
Who knows, perhaps Trinity's body will get a once-over too at Anderson's request, one he himself is reanimated.

So in conclusion: The Omega is way too harsh on people.

EDIT: Awesome. It's 1st December (coming up for 5am). Pinch, punch, first day of t'month to all ^_^

Last edited by oxymoron_02 on Dec 1st, 2004 at 04:38 AM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 04:36 AM
oxymoron_02 is currently offline Click here to Send oxymoron_02 a Private Message Find more posts by oxymoron_02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron_02
New member, I pretty much only signed up to say this.

"The Omega" has to be the most pretentious, self-conceited, bigoted egotistical person I have ever seen 'helping' others.
Starts off saying that the ending is freely interpretable to all users, ends up trying to cram their own developed view on people who ask.

I believe myself that at the end Anderson(man) is dead, but Neo(program/The One) is alive. Neo remains in The Matrix, all happy and cavorting with other programs, with no RSI while the Anderson body is carted off to be regenerated.
Now whether the Machine(as in the big daddy of them all) already has something that can renaimate dead tissue is debatable, but I suppose it wouldn't take long for it to create one. If you linked all computers on the planet today, introduced a basic AI program, and input data on how the living body works and how death makes it dead, the collective computer network would be able to find a cure. The only reason for linking them is to make the process faster anyway.
Whatever.
After Anderson's body is reanimated, it will be 'jacked in', and the RSI/Neo program reinserted.

All this is my own speculation, but it seems highly logical. At the end of the day the whole Matrix needs Neo to operate. Neo cannot be Neo without being individualised. In order for that to happen the Anderson body must be reanimated.
Who knows, perhaps Trinity's body will get a once-over too at Anderson's request, one he himself is reanimated.

So in conclusion: The Omega is way too harsh on people.

EDIT: Awesome. It's 1st December (coming up for 5am). Pinch, punch, first day of t'month to all ^_^

ok, you picked the wrong person the mess with. Omega is the smartest person i know, and believe me, that is a compliment considering i go to one of the hardest engineering schools in the country. As for her view, it is the result of months and years of culture and knowledge, as well and the insights of every other member on this forum at the time she was here. Oh, not to mention, she was the Mod, for a reason.

As for your idea, you are forgetting a few key things. #1, the Matrix only needs Neo for a reset; once the reset has happened, or not, as in the case with Neo, the Matrix has no reason to keep him. #2, Anderson was the man in the Matrix, Neo is the man in the world. Anderson died when Neo became the One. As for death, it is permanent. Neo will not walk into Zion ever again, just as he will probably not walk through the Matrix ever again. This is not to say his mind is dead, though. Based upon the lotus, the idea of Yin/Yang, and the Christian aspects of Neo's death, it is fairly logical to assume that Neo is no longer human, but rather an ascended human, deified in a way, truly human/machine compatible.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 11:16 PM
saint

sorry if this has been talked about but i had to skip 8 pages just to see how this finished.

You say that Neo knows what to do in at the end of the first matrix. but just for a minute pretend that the phone call is after revolutions. Therefore making him the 7th Neo. I got this off a website i visited recently and have yet to see how accurate it is. But at the opening scene of the matrix we see digits appear in the tracing progam, it's a date, then when Neo is talking to the machines on the phone another set of digits appear, six months on from the last. According to this website Reloaded and Revolutions is 6 months long. This would actually make sense because of the contradictions in Neo speech and because of "the Matrix Online"
At the end of Revolutions we see that Smith takes over everyone, clearing the matrix, we see Neo not on a funeral barge but still being carried, he wasn't supposed to go that far but the machines did take precautions into account beforehand ensuring that Neo can be physically re-insterted therefore re-insterting the code.

It makes sense as it also helps understand the talk between Neo and the councilor. It also explains the connections between LSD and sleeper assasins within the Matrix. White rabbit, red pill(s), trigger phrase "everything that has a begining has an end", the "magic" cookies. It was planned.
it also explains "IT IS DONE" for the machines would never want peace, not as we see it, they survive on the formula of the struggle. the architect explained that.

what ya think? i need to read up more, find more out but if anyone doesn't know about the links between the Matrix and sleeper assasins/LSD just put "Follow the white rabbit" into google and one of the links will explain.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2004 08:18 PM
saint is currently offline Click here to Send saint a Private Message Find more posts by saint Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
saint

oops, forgot. :P
Neo will walk in the matrix again(even after the phone call) because he needs to see the oricle.
At the end of Revolutions we see Oricle say to the sun girl that we will see Neo again, it is because she is the mother of the matrix that we can count on her word.
Though the Neo we see will be slightly different because he will not be the anonymally like the last.
You see the other Neo's did not have Trinity, it is only when Trinity is reborn will we see Neo again and then the source will need to be put in physically again. Which in all brings us back to religion.
It also tells u that i made a mistake in my last passsage as the Neo we see at the end of Matrix is not the 7th he is just Neo. We will not see the 7th until Trinity is produced by the machines again.
This is also why Morpheus never saw the last ONE because the time inbetween the ONEs is more than a lifetime ofc.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2004 08:27 PM
saint is currently offline Click here to Send saint a Private Message Find more posts by saint Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slinger
Scifigunslinger

saint>If you're saying that the phone call at the end of The Matrix takes place after Revolutions, it makes sense, ya know, what he's saying. And I hope I don't sound stupid, but I never knew who he was talking to. I thought it was the machines, I guess I was right.

For there shall be no mercy...
For any force that stands...
Blocking this path of his righteousness

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 02:39 PM
slinger is currently offline Click here to Send slinger a Private Message Find more posts by slinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by xeous
I like pie.

no expression

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 06:20 PM