KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Matrix 2!!!!!!!

The Matrix 2!!!!!!!
Started by: Lara

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FLIPMODE

I have to disagree, TPM was a bit of a Special effects Dissapointment. Whem Watching the Matrix I was Blown away. SURE there might have been more in TPM, and maybe more work. But the point is in Special effects, is how to make it work, for the benefit of the film. And I think Matrix had that mastered.

Tell why Obi, and Qui, while at the begining of TPM, they jump down from a shoot, it's a long Shot, and you them them Very small. OK. WHY did it look like to claymaytion figures falling??

That looked like something that could have been in SW:ANH.

But dont get me started on TPM.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2001 05:32 AM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Yeah, but The Matrix was a stupid movie.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 30th, 2001 05:40 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

*puts on a set of head phones* I still cant hear you! roll eyes (sarcastic)

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Oct 30th, 2001 10:19 AM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HavocHound

"...when these type of movies get a sequel, it smells "bad" all the way."

They were planning to make a trilogy all along.

"They were interested in making a trilogy right from the very start..."

See?

"...hard to find Matrix fans around here..."

Well, there's me. wink Most of my fellow survivalist kook buddies also like it too.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2001 01:55 PM
HavocHound is currently offline Click here to Send HavocHound a Private Message Find more posts by HavocHound Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

so what are your veiws on the first one HH?

blessed be x

Old Post Oct 30th, 2001 03:33 PM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

This thread unexpectedly saved by becoming on-topic again. Ok, keep up the Matrix discussion, folks...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 30th, 2001 06:28 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Matrix is overrated cool effects but the plot sucks big time

Old Post Oct 30th, 2001 06:36 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

True, finti. Special effects are a tool to make a movie better. It shouldn't be the basis of the entire movie, like it was in The Matrix.

The entire movie plot told of this alternate reality, and Reeves was supposedly the chosen one. But in the end, it turned out to be a rescue mission of that black dude. The plot and story left me unfulfilled, and it the ending left me unsatisfied. Nothing was resolved! They just saved the black guy, they didn't save the world!

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 30th, 2001 06:49 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HavocHound

That's because the Wachoski brothers wanted to do a trilogy. The whole story is too big to condense into just one movie. That's why it seems unresolved - because it hasn't been resolved yet. Oh, and by the way, would you have preferred them to leave Morpheus to die at the hands of those government agent sentient zombie programs?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 01:57 AM
HavocHound is currently offline Click here to Send HavocHound a Private Message Find more posts by HavocHound Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I couldn't care less if they killed Morphious.

The Matrix is a rip off of star wars. Morphious is the Obi-wan of the Matrix ( the old wise one who has seen it all)

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 05:42 AM
HavocHound

It only seems that way because of the Joe Campbellian pattern. A lot of stories of heroism against adversity have similar qualities. That doesn't make them the same. That doesn't make 'The Matrix' a rip-off of 'Star Wars'. There's room in the world for both.

That's like saying Jar Jar is a rip-off of Vash the Stampede who's a rip-off of Vic Ajax. Those are all unique characters who just happen to have certain similar qualities.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 01:29 PM
Lara
Belladonna

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) confused
smarty pants!

blessed be x

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 03:15 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ooohh... Campbell mentioned... my hate levels rising...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 06:13 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Who the hell is Joe Cambell?

And why does everything in the end go back to Jar Jar Binks?

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 08:00 PM
yerssot

NO!!! not again !!!!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2001 10:28 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

confused confused confused .......unknown teritory coming into view.........forest...........Aaaarrrrrhhhhhhh!not again!sad confused ..................confused confused confused confused

blessed be x

Old Post Nov 1st, 2001 03:44 PM
yerssot

wasn't it the guy with the strange theory?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2001 05:13 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HavocHound

because Jar Jar is the glue that binds the universe together!! big grin

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 12:45 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, this one is going nowhere again, and I think it's time is up.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 12:47 AM