KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Iron Man movie,myth or true?

Iron Man movie,myth or true?
Started by: Mr. Fantastic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr. Fantastic
screw DC

Iron Man movie,myth or true?

Does anyone have anything on the Iron Man movie?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 03:39 AM
Mr. Fantastic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Fantastic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Fantastic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

. Wizard magazine had a short insert by marvel talking about the movies that had been green lit. Iron man was amongst the large list

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 07:06 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Friend44

I don't have anything but my opinion.
I think Iron-Man is something very realistic to do.
Marvel has produced many projects much more ambitious than the Iron-Guy. Marvel is presently EXPLODING in projects. Furthermore, Iron-Man was plausible 20 years ago! Think - Robocop! Iron-Man could easily be done with the same technology (which is even better today!).
I think the only trick is to be careful when he flies - that has always been one of the major fx downsides in all superhero movies...

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 04:59 PM
Friend44 is currently offline Click here to Send Friend44 a Private Message Find more posts by Friend44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Here's a quote from Eonline

With X-Men proving that superpowers and body-hugging leather make for a profitable box-office mix, superheroes have become Tinseltown's hottest commodity, and studios have be snatching up costumed crime-fighter properties by the handful. The latest hero to get a movie deal: Iron Man, Marvel Comics' high-tech knight in shining armor.

Created in 1963, Iron Man is secretly billionaire industrialist Anthony Stark. A prisoner of war, Stark manages to build a powerful suit of armor that he uses to escape. In addition to battling crime with the suit, the armor also provides a lifeline, as its mechanisms also regulate his faulty heart. To protect his identity, Stark cultivates a playboy image, claiming that Iron Man is simply a bodyguard in his employ. Throughout his history, Stark suffers numerous problems, including repeated bouts with alcoholism and those pesky super-villain girlfriends with Mafia ties.

Unfortunately for diehard fans, two hours is simply not enough time to cover three decades of history. Like every other comic adaptation, there will be substantial differences between the screen and ink versions. For Iron Man, the biggest change will probably be in the costume. While yellow and red may make for a good comic book visual, a direct translation to the big screen could prove less than pretty.

"You always use the comic book as the starting point. You see what works and doesn't work on camera," noted Marvel Films senior veep Kevin Feige. "We don't want him looking like a walking Academy Award."

For years, 20th Century Fox had controlled the Iron Man property, but when the rights reverted back to Marvel, the comic company promptly sold them to New Line Cinema, the same studio producing the sequel to Blade, which is based on another Marvel character.

Appropriately enough, Iron Giant scribe Tim McCanlies has been tapped to write the Iron Man script.

The steel-clad superhero has piqued the interest of many a Hollywood star, including both Tom Cruise and Nicolas Coppola. If you don't recognize that last name, try swapping in "Cage" for "Coppola." The Academy Award-winning actor took his stage name from Marvel Comics superhero Luke Cage, aka Power Man.

Iron Man isn't the only superhero on Cage's mind. He was picked to play the Man of Steel in the on-again-off-again Superman revival, but its questionable status caused him to drop out. He also considered playing Spider-Man nemesis the Green Goblin until John Malkovich snatched up the role. According to Internet speculation, Cage could be revving up for Ghost Rider, the Marvel Comics biker with a flaming skull for a head. However, studio bosses reportedly want Johnny Depp in the part.

It was a big week for comic book heroes in Hollywood. In addition to the Iron Man announcement, Warner Bros. jumpstarted two projects based on DC Comics biggest stars. A new installment in the Batman movie franchise is finally underway, with Pi helmsman Darren Aronofsky taking over the director's chair from Joel Schumacher. And, on the small-screen front, the WB will be adding a new Superman series to its teen lineup--a live-action show focusing on a teenaged Clark Kent who's just learning about his superpowers.

And here is the link http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,7136,00.html

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 12:14 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Other comic movies wizard magazine stated to be made by marvel are

Man-thing
The Avenger's
Fantastic four
Captain America
Dead Pool
Blade 3
Spiderman 3--the spectacular spiderman
Hulk 2
Lobo--D.C comic, but script written by marvel writers
and Iron man

Not to mention the shit load of movies D.C is working on

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 02:40 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

A Lobo movie would be AWESOME!!!!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 02:42 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I heard that darren aronofsky isnt going to be involved with batman anymore. I read a short take in cinescape that the studio dropped him. Do you know anythign about this?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 02:42 AM
Hegemon875
Archvillain

quote:
Originally posted by Friend44
I don't have anything but my opinion.
I think Iron-Man is something very realistic to do.
Marvel has produced many projects much more ambitious than the Iron-Guy. Marvel is presently EXPLODING in projects. Furthermore, Iron-Man was plausible 20 years ago! Think - Robocop! Iron-Man could easily be done with the same technology (which is even better today!).
I think the only trick is to be careful when he flies - that has always been one of the major fx downsides in all superhero movies...

I think superhero flying today has been pretty much perfected i.e. Neo's flying scenes.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 02:43 AM
Abbita

Yeah neos flying scenes were the most realistic ones i've ever seen. As for the iron man movie, dreamwatch magazine states:
Iron man is being brought to life at New Line Cinema by the team behind smallville. Alfred Gough and miles Millar have been enlisted to pen an all new script for New Lines adaptation of the Marvel comic centered on millionaire playboy Tony Stark. After being mortally injured Stark don a high tech suit of armour to keep himself alive, fighting crime amid an ongoing battle with alcoholism.
The smallville producers were offered the project after working with marvel chief Avi Arad on a draft script for Sonys Spiderman 2. Joss Whedon was most recently attached to write and direct Iron Man, based at New Line for almost 3 years.
Leonardo DiCaprio and 24s Keither Sutherland have been linked to play Tony Stark but Avi Arads personal favourite, Tom Cruise was also linked too the role. Iron Man is targeted for release in 2005.

Hope this is of some help.
big grin

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 10:21 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i remember reading about the movie at superherohype, who are they considering to play the hero?

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 07:07 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote