KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Old PMs

What should be done with old PMs?
This poll is closed.
Auto Delete PMs older than 1 month 5 45.45%
Limit number of PMs per member (manual deletion per member) 3 27.27%
Allow downloading of PMs to hard disk 2 18.18%
Leave it alone man! 1 9.09%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Old PMs
Started by: Raz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raz
Meister

Admin

Old PMs

Need some feedback on what to do with some really old PMs still in the Db. Due to the popularity of the PM system, the Db that holds the PMs is started to get pretty big.
My question: What should be done with the old PMs?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 03:30 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

okok; delete the old ones than... I have some webspace free if it's gonna help?...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 03:39 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Its not a webspace problem....I have plenty of that.

Its a matter of effiency. If the Db gets VERY big, then it will take long to make queries and more resources required by the server.

Currently the Db is 37Mb with 693,427 records. I was just making provisions for the future. big grin

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 03:45 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

we can always make more evil face

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 03:46 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Put a limit on the number we can have.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 05:08 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

why that???

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 05:24 PM
KJ
Sausages

Because then we can decide what we want to delete rather than have it done automatically.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 05:33 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The problem with limited number of PM's is that if I forget to prune and my box is full I cannot recieve new ones and I miss a load.

I mean, I just copy and paste ones I want to keep.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 06:22 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I didn't know PM's were as popular.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 06:28 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I did have a message from Keo rejected once because my box was full.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 06:44 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

ah! the problems of being popular

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 06:52 PM
KJ
Sausages

Maybe Yerssots been sending me messages and they can't get through. Hooray! big grin

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 06:53 PM
yerssot

nice try! why would I sent you that? waste of my time evil face

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 07:04 PM
Tex
Yumsz

I am the solution

Ok people listen up! Problem solved!

All PM's should be deleted except the ones that I send and the ones that are sent to me! smokin'

big grin

Old Post Oct 7th, 2001 09:33 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

You never send ME any, Tex. sad sad

Old Post Oct 8th, 2001 01:06 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

you want a Stetson

Old Post Oct 8th, 2001 02:52 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

A Stetson for queeq?, most definitely not!!!!!, he'd look better in a French barre stick out tongue laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 8th, 2001 03:33 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

I say we delete anything over 30 days old. If a member wants to keep them, then they can paste them someplace else themselves.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2001 05:13 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

French baret, eh?

Someone will be ringing your doorbell today, Tex. evil face

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 11:52 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I say: "Wipe them out, all of them!"

Bwaaaahhaaaaaaahhhaaaaaahaaaa! evil face

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 01:38 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote