KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Burstnet

Burstnet
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

Burstnet

I keep coming!!!

Every time I'm here for 5 minutes; after that, when I reply to something I get the message 'cannot find server' normally that comes from C:...... but this one comes from burstnet.com
How can that be?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 04:59 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Burstnet.com are the advertising providers for the site. I'm not sure what their servers have got to do with the display of a page here.

What OS and Browser + Version are you using?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 05:54 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

OS? is that windows 98?

My browser is Internet Explorer
version: 5

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 06:04 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

From what I can gather is that it seems to be a problem at your ISPs end.

Nothing we can do here, sorry.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 06:12 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

ah I see the ISP ??????????

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 06:19 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

You know, the peeps that you pay to give you internet access.

From what I can tell, they are having DNS probs. This is where converting a domain name to its respective IP address is not happening successfully...resulting in a error message page.

Although I still don't understand why this is preventing you from see the forum. Can you post a screenshot of the error page?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 06:24 PM
yerssot

Oh brother! a screenshot?
Push the button 'Prt scr' and it will happen? yeah right! NOT

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 06:46 PM
yerssot

here it is, sorry but .doc is not valid for upload

Attachment: my documents.zip
This has been downloaded 43 time(s).

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 07:00 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, is there any way that a failure to load that advert would make him unable to load the page if it fouled up?

I fail to load the advert sometimes but it is just the banner at the top right that comes up blank.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 9th, 2001 at 07:08 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 07:05 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I think you got it wrong;
if I want to go to a page on this forum I get this page; no advertisment, just a regular page of here.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 07:07 PM
Ratcat

Could be that BurstNet has a prob as Raz says and is trying to load a pop up or something but it's going _top on the current page, rather than to a new window.

Just my humple opinion of course. big grin

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 07:10 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yerssot, there are ads on every page.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 07:12 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

And sometimes half a dozen pop-ups too.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 07:14 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Ush, I know, but that's the only page I get when I want to open a new page

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 07:21 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I don;t see why you think we have it wrong, then. Not that any of us are actually sure what the problem is.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 07:37 PM
yerssot

I got the picture that you guys thought that the pop-up didn't work.
Sorry; my mistake

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 07:43 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

It has *nothing* to do with popups. Burst *throughly* check their adcode before publishing it.

Since no-one else it getting the same prob, it could be a prob with IE. I know that if an ad doesn't load in Netscape, the rest of the page won't load - could be the same for old versions of IE.

yerssot, why don't you upgrade to IE6? http://www.microsoft.com/ie
Its handles tables faster than its predecessors - and well worth the download!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 08:00 PM
Ratcat

IE6 would be a good move, though a rather large download in standard 56K modem.

It also has some neat features for general browsing, including an excellent new image handling engine.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 08:07 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

According to yerssots IP address - he's got ADSL. No prob wink

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 08:13 PM
yerssot

got the new IE, hopes everything will work!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 08:14 PM