KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Check out excerpt of Chapter One!

So what do think of this sample of my book?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Good, could be better 1 6.67%
I've read baby books more interesting! 4 26.67%
Totally Awesome!! 9 60.00%
Its average 1 6.67%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Check out excerpt of Chapter One!
Started by: Vim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vim
ILFTKYS

Its called Clashing Forces: Reclamation, its gonna be 246 pages long, and it should be mid-summer!! thanks for checking it out!

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 06:08 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

I enjoyed the read, but some sentences didn't sound right to me. They read as run-on sentences. For example: "The last one stop, and turns to Warren’s direction, he sinks lower into the bushes, he pulls his cloth hood further onto his head. It scans the immediate area."

Personally, from a writers stand point, I would have written it like this: "The last one stopped, and it glanced in Warren's direction. Warren sank lower into the bushes. He pulled his cloth hood further over his head. The cyborg scanned the immediate proximity for lifeforms."

Your chapters also read from a third person point of view. Is this your intention? I'm pleased you've gotten published. Wish I would.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 03:17 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

Hey man that's great thanks for the feedback, you're like the first to give good feedback like that, and yeah most of my stuff is like, its mean to be like fastpaced, like you're watching unfold like movie, that's how I see it in my head, and I try to describe it as best as I can. Sometimes it comes out all at one like that, and I want the commas, because I want it to be as fastpaced to everyone else. To me, a period stops the action, and starts it again with the next sentence. So if the action or series of actions is happeing that quickly and that intense, then let it flow! Although I have made it a bit more coherent in the second part of the trilogy, which I should be finishing up here in about 3 or 4 months! Thanks again for the input, I sincerely appreciate it.

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 09:48 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

So, I take it that this book is coming out today?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 08:01 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

Oh, sorry I just now saw that you posted here, and also sent the PM, so i didn't know. But anywho, yeah the book is "out", but I'm having trouble getting it in bookstores. I plan on getting a new publisher for my next two books, perhaps they will be more helpful in gettint the book into bookstores so it can be available everywhere!!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 02:06 AM
joelsef
all u people are vampires

Dude, Vim, yur story sounds awesome. ill definetly look for it when it hits shelves!

Just pretend the camera is a wand!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 10:38 PM
joelsef is currently offline Click here to Send joelsef a Private Message Find more posts by joelsef Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

thank you! Any feedback is appreciative, and positive feedback is admired! Thank you again! And just wait 'til next year when Clashing Forces-Battles 2: Preservation & 3: Revitilization hit the shelves!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 06:18 PM
ShinOkami

My advice is let the writing stage how the action happens and not the punctuation; the run-on sentences distract from what's happening and the last thing you want is your readers annoyed at you. The present tense also seems awkward. But otherwise, it's good--the action is well-done, and I wish you best of luck in your future endeavours.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 06:12 AM
ShinOkami is currently offline Click here to Send ShinOkami a Private Message Find more posts by ShinOkami Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

What book stores can i buy Clashing Forces at? And I know this is a personal question, but I was just wondering how old you were? I wish I could get my stories published...

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 04:26 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

Unfortunately the only place you can purchase the book is online either at Amazon.com or at publishamerica.com. I'm 21, and it wasn't as hard as thought PublishAmerica was the first publisher i sent my stuff to and they approved. I guess it was luck, or they actually liked the book, who knows? But just keep trying!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 07:12 PM
Lord Shadow Z

I think the material inside of it is okay, but it seems familiar somehow. The way its written is way to fast paced fora book, you need to slow down, build up some kind of setting or tension. The action scenes were described with no direction or thought out plan so they seemed like a childish representation of a fighting sequence.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 12:16 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

quote:
Originally posted by Reborn Again

Personally, from a writers stand point, I would have written it like this: "The last one stopped, and it glanced in Warren's direction. Warren sank lower into the bushes. He pulled his cloth hood further over his head. The cyborg scanned the immediate proximity for lifeforms."

I would have written it like this:

"The last one stopped, menacing in its overall appearance and glanced unnervingly in Warrens direction. Warren sank lower into the bushes making himself small as possible and waited. It was torture. The silence tore through the surroundings as the cyborg emitted a slight sound and a blinding beam erupted towards him. Warren quickly ducked and pulled is camo-cloth hood tightly over his head and activated the sensor disrupter hidden within his belt. The cyborg scanned for life forms as it surveyed the area around him. Minutes seemed like hours for Warren as he fought to steady his breathing. Finally the cyborg's light blinked off and it stalked off, disatisfied at not catching any prey."

Hope it helps.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 12:28 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

Wow that's really great man! Say do you have any books published. Yeah I know my writing still has a lot of work, but I feel I'm maturing along with the writing and story. I'm just a novice to all this author stuff. I'm sure one i get this trilogy started, and get a few more books written, I'll be a pro, besides I'm still young and still have plenty of time to get experience. Thank you for the feedback it was really good!!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 05:15 PM
Lord Shadow Z

quote:
Originally posted by Vim
Wow that's really great man! Say do you have any books published. Yeah I know my writing still has a lot of work, but I feel I'm maturing along with the writing and story. I'm just a novice to all this author stuff. I'm sure one i get this trilogy started, and get a few more books written, I'll be a pro, besides I'm still young and still have plenty of time to get experience. Thank you for the feedback it was really good!!

No unfortunately, still just writing short stories in biro. I probably need to find some publisher who will look at my work because I do want to join the author ranks and see my name in between the writing greats.
I'll post some stuff of my own when I have the time and let you read it.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 09:16 PM
Vim
ILFTKYS

that sounds, look forward to seeing some stuff in print from you! Good luck with everything, fellow writer!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 06:13 PM
tjamberelity

Smile hi wesley!

HEY WESLEY! THIS IS AMBER HENDERSON (BURKHALTER). I HEARD YOU HAD PUBLISHED A BOOK AND WAS SOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU! I HAVE BEEN WRITTING BUT HAVNT FINISHED YET. THIS IS AMAZING!!! YOU GO BOY! YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT [email protected]. AGAIN THIS IS GREAT, AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SALES!!! AMBER

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 05:51 PM
tjamberelity is currently offline Click here to Send tjamberelity a Private Message Find more posts by tjamberelity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjamberelity

THIS IS GREAT!!!! CONGRATS ACE!!!! AMBER HENDERSON (BURKHALTER)

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 05:57 PM
tjamberelity is currently offline Click here to Send tjamberelity a Private Message Find more posts by tjamberelity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

So Vim, any luck with getting it to stores yet?

(And tj, please turn off your caps.)

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:19 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote