KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » GUNDY is MEMBER OF THE DAY!!!

GUNDY is MEMBER OF THE DAY!!!
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tex
Yumsz

embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

Old Post Oct 11th, 2001 09:17 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
He escaped from Elba. Corsica is where he was held.
talking about Napoleon Bonaparte here.
You are right Ush he escaped from elba, but after the defeat at
waterloo he was exiled to the island of St. Helena where he died
on May 5, 1821. He was born Corsica ,not held there. Born in the city of Ajaccio he had the name of Napoleon Buonaparte until he changed the spelling of the name in 1796.

Last edited by finti on Oct 11th, 2001 at 09:42 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2001 09:35 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah. All Tex's fault.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 11th, 2001 09:41 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Tex fault?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2001 09:43 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, he called me a Napoloen earlier and we have been running with the theme ever since

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 11th, 2001 09:50 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

by the way you said he(napoleon)was held at corsica, this is were he was born. He was held at St Helena

Old Post Oct 11th, 2001 10:02 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

So he was. What the heck is wrong with me lately? I can remember the people he met there, Cochrane;s attempt to resuce him foiled by his untinely death and his body being moved to Les Invalides in 1840 , but I get his birthplace miced up with his deathplace.

It;s the stress of being member of the day yesterday; got me all mixed up.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 11th, 2001 at 10:06 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2001 10:04 PM
finti

It is human to make mistakes, queeq agreed on it though cool eek! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 11th, 2001 10:06 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I feel like Sam Seaborne did in West Wing when he mixed up Kajikstan and Kurdistan and said the Kurd's had nuclear weapons....

And I can say that safely because I know Finti is a fan.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 11th, 2001 10:10 PM
finti

Yeah great call, but that is a mistake US politician could have done in real life though. Man I enjoy that show, I think Rob Low does a good role. Martin Sheen is outstanding...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2001 10:18 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Best roles the two of them have ever had, I feel.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 11th, 2001 10:25 PM
Tex
Yumsz

That show gives me a headache, all they do is walk around in circles and talk about politics roll eyes (sarcastic)
I'll stick to Jackass and Buffy big grin

Old Post Oct 12th, 2001 02:04 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Well watching west wing requreis an iq on 30+ under this you might end up with an headache. oh and someone needs to open the door for you as well

Old Post Oct 12th, 2001 07:48 AM
queeq
Chaos

I just relied entirely on Ush's formerly impeccable knowledge. big grin

I knew Napoleon was incarcerated twice on an island. Elba was the first and then St/ helena's where he died. I don't think I said Napoleon died on Elba.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2001 07:54 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

No you just said you are right to Ush when in fact he was wrong wink

Old Post Oct 12th, 2001 08:13 AM
queeq
Chaos

Because he always says he is. Poor judgment, I know... big grin

Old Post Oct 12th, 2001 08:14 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Ush just has secret access to Raz's secret central information complex.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2001 02:53 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Which is then flawed also, obviously. big grin

Old Post Oct 12th, 2001 03:05 PM
finti

So you got to stick with my brilliant mind big grin cool rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Oct 12th, 2001 03:29 PM
yerssot

there goes the neighbourhood roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 12th, 2001 04:02 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote