KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » No, that's not laundry detergent

No, that's not laundry detergent
Started by: Dim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tex
Yumsz

Yeah, their mad because of our involvement with Israel. I realize that they just didn't wake up and say, 'hey, let's destroy the WTC today'. It's just surreal. Things like this aren't suppose to happen in America, and now I'm shell shocked.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2001 08:41 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

there is more then Israel...

update:
even in Belgium there are those envelops; makes you wonder:
they found Belgium? wow!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2001 09:34 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

"It's called a Belgium dip" -Dr. Evil

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 13th, 2001 10:25 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They are an odd sort of coward. Cowardly that they are not prepared to fight you head-on to be sure, but you can hardly be afraid to call them afraid to die, and their actions show them as far more brave than I ever could be. If they were truly cowardly, this would never have happened. There would have been no strikes.

But they would be morons to fight your military. They see you as an enemy and fight you the only way they can; this is now the chance the world has to show that that sort of tactic will not be tolerated.

I do feel very sorry for you, Tex, and I am sure that it must be the most terrible shock. But it is not just America that does not deserve this; NOWHERE does and America is not the only place this sort of thing thing happens; of course, the WTC attack was the greatest in scale but other places more than make up in terms of history.

Like, I say, it's global. It's the WORLD that does not deserve this.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 13th, 2001 10:51 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Ush, I respect what you think. But to use the word "Brave" makes me sick.

These terrorists are NOT human beings. They have been brainwashed since they were born that America is evil. They don't even know WHY they are supposed to hate us. I saw a program where most Afghanistanies and Pakastanies couldn't even point out America on a world map!

How can you hate a country (or I guess society is a better word, because it was an attack on the entire free world) that you know nothing about? These people are not allowed the access of knowledge about forein countries that we have. They are just told to hate us, and not worry about why.

Usama bin Ladin is not a human being. He is a monster. The only reason he gives for hating America so much, is that during the Golf War, we were in Saudi-Arabia (which is supposed to be sacraed land). The dumbass doesn't reolize that we were over there to protect AFGHANISTAN!!!!

But, it wasn't Afghanistan that attacked America, it was a group of radicals.

And Ush, they ARE cowards. If this prick bin Ladin was so brave, why wasn't he driving one of the planes? How could his followers see him as a brave man? He hides, as his camps and people are destroyed because he doesn't want to turn himself in. They ARE afraid to die. Otherwise, they wouldn't have hit us, then hidden.

Brave is when you do something, then take responsibility. bin Ladin punched us in the back of the head, then ran away before we could turn around.

I have sympathy for these people, I really do. Not for the leaders which preach hatred, but for the men who are held at gunpoint, telling them to join the Taliban or Al-Quida. And I certainly have sympathy for the innocent people of Afghanistan, who are fleeing for their lives. Did you know that we are dropping supplies to these people, and the Taliban are confiscating it?

Ush, you say that they are not afraid to die. They are also told that when they die, they will have 70 virgins waiting in heaven for them. Now, I don't know what God they have, but in this country, the god that wants death and destruction of innocent people is named Lucifer.

Ush, they are not brave, and please don't ever say that again. One thing you pointed out is right; no one deserves this. And that is why President Bush has clearly stated that it is important to completely wipe out terrorism.

To me, it makes no difference if the terrorism is the bombing of the World Trade Center, or some small coffee shop in Pakistan, killing only 6 people. Death from hatred needs to go away. . . forever! America and it's allies will succeed.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 12:27 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No. It doesn't matter what you believe in. It takes bravery to kill yourself for any cause. Bin Laden may be a coward, many of his followers may be as well, but those people weren't. Twisted, evil, brainwashed, any number of things. But thery were not cowards by any definition. And I am afraud that you just cannot ignore that.

I am sorry if it makes you sick. But putting aside the truth will not solve anything. He has people working for him unafraid to die in the name of their cause and that IS bravery, no matter how twisted.

BTW, at no point in the Gulf War did you go to protect Afghanistan.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 01:49 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I guess were having a hard time agreeing that they were 'brave' because it's mostly a postive characteristic, and god knows nothing positive ever came out of those bastards!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 07:10 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

update:

the letter to Microsoft DID contain anthrax

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 08:53 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, Tex, you are absolutely right, and I really do not mean to cast them in a positive light; I want to make that absolutely clear.

Much as I hate to bring parralells into it, we over here had to learn the hard way abiout this with the IRA> Because a lot of them were bombers, which certainly looks like a cowardly way toi fight anybody, the quick assumption was made that all IRA members were cowards.

But then came the hunger strikes, one of our heaviest political defeats and a tragedy in every way. Bobby Sands left himself die in prison in the pursuit of his cause, and watching the whole episode no-one could be left in any doubt of his bravery.

At the time, the conflict was on the brink of ending. But our hard-line attitude and contempt, coupled with the ENORMOUS wave of sympathy Bobby's death caused (he was even elected an MP) suddenly turned everything very much against us again and years more conflict followed.

It's always a hard thing to recognise any sort of positive characterstic in your enemy, but in the end, they are normally there. And when it comes to thiose suicide hijackers, perhaps the ONLY positive thing to be said for them is thgat they were very brave men. But on the whole, history will, rightly, treat them as the mose vile sort of people imaginable.

Meanwhile, the people sending those anthrax spores are DEFINITELY cowards.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 11:28 AM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

when we're talking about religeous reasons for killing people, i read something interesting in norways #2 biggest newspaper. 2 pages with a big picture of bin Laden on the first, and a big picture of bush on the other. it was about both saying "god supports us" when they're talking 'bout terrorist attacks/bombing of afghanistan. a professor or something pointed out that there were many similarities, bin Laden was worst of course, but that he also got a bit scared when listening to bush.

i dont think the type of military actions against afghanistan that are going on now is the right way to go, if anything it creates more possible terrorists and hatred against USA.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 11:46 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Dammit, people. This is not cool. mad mad mad

Ush, they are gutless cowards. You think they sucide bombers were given a choice? Dying for a cause is one thing, but the MURDER of thousands is not bravery.

And mah, what the hell are we supposed to do? We have given the terrorists infinate f*cking patients. They have bombed us several times in the past. We even gave them an entire MONTH to hand over bin Landin, and they didn't do it. Last Thursday, Bush said AGAIN, that if they hand over bin Ladin, the bombings would stop. Did they hand him over? No.

America is going about this in the right way. We warned them, gave them opportunity to prepare and let the innocents flee. We are dropping supplies to the innocents.

The wrong thing to do, would be to drop a bomb on the entire country. We almost should have done that for what they did.

Brave Ush? Give me a break! They hit us with no warning.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 12:49 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I am sorry you feel that way, Tomacco. But they WERE brave. They gave their life for what they believed in. That IS bravery. Like I say, twisted and evil, but still brave. There can be no other way to put it.

And if you need more proof of the bravery of some of these people, you will get it when the fighting starts.

Yes, the attack was cowardly, but the people who did it were NOT cowards. Cowards do NOT give their lives for anything.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 14th, 2001 at 12:57 PM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 12:53 PM
finti

They would have been brave if they chose not to go hrough with it

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 01:01 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That might also be true. But in no way can it be said that thus was an easy choice for them to make. It must have been DAMN hard.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 01:03 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Ush, there's a guy named Bill Maur on ABC. He has a political show on late night tv. He almost (and probably will get) fired, because he called the terrorists brave.

It's not bravery, because they are told they have to do it. And they are told once they die, they've got the 70 virgins.

That makes me sick, Ush. I can see you're not going to change your mind. But let me give you some advice; don't ever say the terrorists were brave in front of an American, because he/she will probably punch you.

Brave. That makes me want to cry, when I hear people talk like that.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 01:07 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You have forgotten that this was an attack againat all Western countires, as your own President says so. You have forgotten that many of us have our own terrosrst problems as well. You see too thin you are in some sort of unique positoin but you are not.

It does not matter how much you go on about your 70 virgins, the fact is that it is NOT an easy thing to bring about your own death in the name of a cause and it took guts for these people to do this.

If Bin laden could simply order his followers to do this sort of thing whenver he wanted, then the suicde attacks would never stop. As it is, the sort of person who wants to to this is VERY rare. And they volunteer. They were NOT forced. It would have been impossible without theor co-operation.

And just because YOU would want to punch me, To- which says FAR more about you than me- don't put the same onus on all your countrymen. I have plenty of American friends who agree with me.

What more do you want from me? These people were evil, sick, and twisted. I wish they had never been born and I hope their kind are made to pay. But there is absolutely NOnway ytou can call people willing to die for their cause cowards. NO WAY AT ALL! Others have had to learn that the hard way; I hope your country doesn't have to as well.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 01:15 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

finti, thank you.

Ush, I don't see anything brave about murder. And 5 billion people agree with me.

If they are brave, why don't they step up and take responsibilty? Because they are afraid that we are going to kill them.

And yes, if you were in front of me right now, I would slap you.

Someone else back me up, here.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 01:29 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You missing the point here, Tomacco? The reason they aren't saying anything now is because they are dead!

And like I say, that you would hit me says plenty about you.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 01:31 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

quote:
Originally posted by ToMacco
And mah, what the hell are we supposed to do? We have given the terrorists infinate f*cking patients. They have bombed us several times in the past. We even gave them an entire MONTH to hand over bin Landin, and they didn't do it. Last Thursday, Bush said AGAIN, that if they hand over bin Ladin, the bombings would stop. Did they hand him over? No.

America is going about this in the right way. We warned them, gave them opportunity to prepare and let the innocents flee. We are dropping supplies to the innocents.

The wrong thing to do, would be to drop a bomb on the entire country. We almost should have done that for what they did.

is bin Laden dead? no
is his terrorist group dead? no
has civilian died? yes

does this make people in afghanistans's neighbour-countries more hateful, more supporting to bin Laden, more willing to do harm to America and the free world? yes

give the mission to the UnitedNations. kofi annan got the nobel peace price. he and his organisation has stated that they don't support the bombing and that they want to get the mission.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 01:34 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I would only be slapping you, to try to knock some sense into you!

Bravery is risking your life to save someone elses.

Bravery is not driving a plane full of passangers into a building of civilians.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 01:35 PM