KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » who is your favorite author?

who is your favorite author?
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hegemon875
Archvillain

My fav writers are Orson Scott Card, Isaac Asimov(of course), Greg Rucka, Robert Heinlein, and J.R.R. Tolkien to name a few.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 09:13 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

no order

1. Jules Verne
2. FYdor DOstoevsky
3. Alexandre Dumas
4. Victor Hugo
and more

i thinik my favorite right now is Alexandre Dumas (Monte Cristo and Three Musketeers kick ass)

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 12:46 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leaf_eater

Has anyone her ever heard of Elizaeth Kerner? she has very few boooks out, but i think her works pretty good.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 02:37 AM
leaf_eater is currently offline Click here to Send leaf_eater a Private Message Find more posts by leaf_eater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

no i have not heard of her. what kind of books she have? what genre?

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 02:52 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

I think she may be fantasy too/not sure.....

I used to always look for works by dean r. koontz~watchers and clive barker~ cabal(aka night breed) I guess I was more of a horror fan than I have thought..but now I pick up lots of totally different authors works

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 06:28 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I also like J.K. Rowling, she's a great writer. The movies suck though

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 06:51 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Soth
I also like J.K. Rowling, she's a great writer. The movies suck though
I liked the first one... didnt care to much for the second

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 06:56 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

my fave author is matt reilly.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 07:59 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P
living bank advertisement

Eugène Ionesco
Daniel Pennac

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 08:10 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman (team)

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 10:28 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady Bri
Woman of Rohan

C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien

their books are THE best

Last night, while I was in bed looking up at the stars, I was thinking to myself, "where the heck is my ceiling?"

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 11:00 PM
Lady Bri is currently offline Click here to Send Lady Bri a Private Message Find more posts by Lady Bri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schizo_n_me
Zoombini !!

Diana Wynne Jones and Fannie Flagg..... there's more I just can't remember them.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 11:03 PM
Schizo_n_me is currently offline Click here to Send Schizo_n_me a Private Message Find more posts by Schizo_n_me Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Michael Crichton and Tom Clancy are also good authors.
i like michael crichtons Five Patients.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 11:36 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by Lady Bri
C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien

their books are THE best
I agree, but I've only read The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe by Lewis

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 11:59 PM
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Did you know Tolkien very much disliked Lewis' writing.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 01:45 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Lewis > Tolkien

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 01:52 AM
The_Khan

Re:

No, I actually didn't know that Tolkien disliked Lewis' writing, but I do know that Tolkien converted Lewis to Christianity.

I have a list but I'll have to go with Tolkien and George R.R. Martin as my two favorites since I can put my LONG list up, lol smile

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 01:53 AM
The_Khan is currently offline Click here to Send The_Khan a Private Message Find more posts by The_Khan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

All the DragonLance authors:
Margaret Weiss
Tracy Hickman
Don Perrin
Jean Rabe
Chris Pierson
Tonya C. Cook
Paul B. Thompson
Richard A. Knaak
Douglas Niles
John Maddox Roberts
Michael Williams
Tina Daniell
Kevin Stein
Mary Kirchoff
Steve Winter
Mark Anthony
Ellen Porath
Dan Parkinson
Linda P. Baker
Roland Green
and more that I can't remember/don't know of yet

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 05:55 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

omg i forgot about Robin Cook. i think his books are great (some)

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 05:57 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

What has he written? The name is familiar......

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 06:21 AM