KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » who is your favorite author?

who is your favorite author?
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

J.D. Salinger

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 11:58 AM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Re: Re:

quote:
Originally posted by The_Khan
No, I actually didn't know that Tolkien disliked Lewis' writing, but I do know that Tolkien converted Lewis to Christianity.

I have a list but I'll have to go with Tolkien and George R.R. Martin as my two favorites since I can put my LONG list up, lol smile

Wow, I didn't know that, interesting. What was he before?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 05:16 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

ORSON SCOTT CARD

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 09:37 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fungrl515

way too many to list. there are so many good authors, i'd have to look througfh millions of books to determine my favorites.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 09:46 PM
fungrl515 is currently offline Click here to Send fungrl515 a Private Message Find more posts by fungrl515 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scrappy Doo
Ghost Splatter

My favorite is definitly H.P. Lovecraft. Some of my others are Stephen King, Mercedes Lackey, Bruce Covell, and Augest Derleth.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 10:25 PM
Scrappy Doo is currently offline Click here to Send Scrappy Doo a Private Message Find more posts by Scrappy Doo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
liz123
beautiful girl!

stephen king

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 12:49 AM
liz123 is currently offline Click here to Send liz123 a Private Message Find more posts by liz123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by Hegemon875
Did you know Tolkien very much disliked Lewis' writing.
really? well they must have been pals 'cause screwtape by lewis was dedicated to tolkien

I use to look for anne rice alot too smile

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 05:26 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
heatherfeather7
Quistis Trepe

Stephen King if my number one fave, but I also like Robin Cook, John Grisham, John Saul, and Anne Rice. Has anyone read any Laurell K. Hamilton?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2003 10:31 PM
heatherfeather7 is currently offline Click here to Send heatherfeather7 a Private Message Find more posts by heatherfeather7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Micheal Critchon

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 01:38 AM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
szhismine
hobbit and Rock God lover

J.K. Rowling
Madeleine D'Engle
J.R.R. Tolkein
C.S. Lewis, in no particular order.

i used to be a fan of the Baby-sitters Club, by Ann M. Martin. i read The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton and Charlotte's Web by E.B. White, and they were both great. big grin i have 3 books by Lemony Snickett, and i read 2 books by Roald Dahl.

when i was younger i liked the Bernstein Bears and Dr. Seuss. not anymore, though.

i did not make this banner btw, kella did. wink

worship all that is holy: worship Dom! love

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 01:54 AM
szhismine is currently offline Click here to Send szhismine a Private Message Find more posts by szhismine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

Tongue Favorite authors???

I for one love to read, and I was just curious who some of your favorite authors were

1. Stephen King - The master of horror. I have read many of his books and I have loved them all. My favorite King book would definately have to be The Talisman. I also highly recommend, The Black House, Needful Things, Dreamcatcher, Bag of Bones, IT, The Stand, Gerald's Game, The Dark Half, Green Mile, Misery, Dead Zone, Rose Madder, and Salem's Lot.

2. Isaac Asimov and his compilations, I love the ones made after the Hugo awards , there are great stories made by him

3. Several authors that are unknown to people that speaks English, M. Delly = 2 french brothers, Rafael Perez y Perez, a great spanish author of historic novels and Concha Linares Becerra, great romantic novels, all of them of the 30's and 40's of the 20th century

4. The once and future king-TH White--Love this book really becuase i love king Arthurs tales.

5. Of course Tolkein -- have read the trilogy 23-25 times since I was twelve.
Love David Eddings -- but only The Belgariad -- the rest of the books messed with the personalities of the characters, to my distress.
I adore Patricia McKillip's The Riddle Master trilogy -- it has flaws (it being the author's first major work) but the magic and the mystery and the haunting love just recreate my soul when I turn to it.

I only read books becuase i Commute to work every day and it gets very boaring without a book to read.
smile smile

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 03:17 AM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

hmm..right now - stephen king n anne rice big grin

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 03:20 AM
Anoushka is currently offline Click here to Send Anoushka a Private Message Find more posts by Anoushka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roulette
Freak

J R R tolkien! despite his passing....... sad
but he wrote de all too famous LOTR books!
man me read dose books too many times!......

Madness, as you know, is like gravity...all it takes is a little push.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 07:43 AM
Roulette is currently offline Click here to Send Roulette a Private Message Find more posts by Roulette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

book forum no

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 07:46 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

let us bookworms hv fun man we ain't hurtin ya!!stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 07:52 AM
Anoushka is currently offline Click here to Send Anoushka a Private Message Find more posts by Anoushka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

smile

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 07:53 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 07:54 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I'm a fan of Tolkein, and Richard Bachman's 'The Running Man'. Richard Bachman is Stephen King, of course. If you have not read the Running Man, you will find it to be very different in many ways that the movie. It would have been a tragedy, yet better, if they stayed true to the book, which is actually a short story, maybe 210 pages or so. I highly suggest someone goes and reads this cuz I'm dying to discuss the ending with someone. It is so bomb, the way it ends in the book.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 08:07 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by bLooMiLiCioUs
let us bookworms hv fun man we ain't hurtin ya!!stick out tongue
though Id move this to the book forum but since I cant I just have to dish out spankings big grin

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 08:23 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
I'm a fan of Tolkein, and Richard Bachman's 'The Running Man'. Richard Bachman is Stephen King, of course. If you have not read the Running Man, you will find it to be very different in many ways that the movie. It would have been a tragedy, yet better, if they stayed true to the book, which is actually a short story, maybe 210 pages or so. I highly suggest someone goes and reads this cuz I'm dying to discuss the ending with someone. It is so bomb, the way it ends in the book.
i never can find this book th

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 08:23 AM