KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » DragonLance Saga

DragonLance Saga
Started by: Soth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Indeed. I can't wait to read these book stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 08:01 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Khan

Re:

Before you know it we'll be starting those books smile

For those who haven't heard yet:
Legend of Huma Comic - Ashcan Edition

Devil's Due has put out some new ashcans - one side being G.I.Joe, and the other being The Legend of Huma. Most retailers have received a few copies. Be sure to stop by your local comic shop and pick up one of these ashcan editions. Not only is it a taste of what's to come, but it will make a nice collector's piece.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 04:17 AM
The_Khan is currently offline Click here to Send The_Khan a Private Message Find more posts by The_Khan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

[glo=red]Anyone who hasn't read this thread yet, you should DragonLance is awesome[/glow]

Old Post Mar 29th, 2004 05:21 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

i read a lot of dragonlance books. my favorite is dalamar - combination of magical and physical prowess. i also loved kaz, he's the one im most versed with. i have a dragonlance book entitled "dragons". this is my favorite among all. it discusses the history of krynn from the dragon's eyeview.

Old Post May 18th, 2004 10:47 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

I think DL and LOTR r very different in that the whole of LOTR was meant to portray JRR Tolkeins own religious ideas...and they took him an extremely long time to develop and write...this however takes nothing away from DL, which are some of the most entertaining books around...I find that they are good quality....has anyone read The Black Wing?....i think that is my favorite; I read it in 6th grade and it was impossible to put down.

Old Post May 19th, 2004 10:55 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Ok, I have question. I read the chronicles and Legends. My question is should I read the next trilogy? alot of people have told me not to because they were not any good.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 05:19 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starshine
Cosmic Dancer

I love dragonlance, but I like deathgate books more.
My favourite charecter is Tas smile Lord Soth and Dalamar are also cool.
I hate that some dragonlance books are not translated in finnish sad
I've never heard of Legend of Huma. That would be nice to get smile
I'll bet that it would take a loooong time, when it will be translated. sad

Old Post May 26th, 2004 05:49 PM
starshine is currently offline Click here to Send starshine a Private Message Find more posts by starshine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mirror
Technomancer

Hi, I'm also a fan of the dragon lance series, though I haven't read but the War of the souls and a few other assorted books. I haven't the resources to go out and buy books. My favorite character has got to be Burrfoot, simply because his innocence and ignorance are both funny. I love the pics, Khan.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 02:29 AM
mirror is currently offline Click here to Send mirror a Private Message Find more posts by mirror Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mirror
Technomancer

I also own the campaign setting, I enjoy DM 'ing for pplz at skool and in band. It's a fun setting... Just imagine:

player:"I cast Fireball on that little goblin..."
DM: (cutting player off)"No, you can't."
player:"Why not?"
DM:"You don't have any bat guano."
player:"What?!? I had it in this pouch right over... TAASSS!"

kender can be so much fun. : )

Old Post May 27th, 2004 02:35 AM
mirror is currently offline Click here to Send mirror a Private Message Find more posts by mirror Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zinh

quote:
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
Ok, I have question. I read the chronicles and Legends. My question is should I read the next trilogy? alot of people have told me not to because they were not any good.

Read the Second Generation and then The Dragons of Summer Flame.

After that read the War of the Souls Trilogy.

mirror: Read the first two trilogies if you liked Tas. He is a hoot smile

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 09:37 AM
zinh is currently offline Click here to Send zinh a Private Message Find more posts by zinh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by Wynndar
....has anyone read The Black Wing?....i think that is my favorite; I read it in 6th grade and it was impossible to put down.
I believe it's out of print, just like the rest of the Villains Series, the Elven Nations Trilogy, the Dwarven Nations trilogy, and others. I'm trying to find them via Borders

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 01:40 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Harhar! I now have the Elven Nations Trilogy which was formerly out of print, but now it's back! i'm going after the Dwarven Nations Trilogy right now

-For the people that haven't seen this thread b/c it's been buried...THe DragonLance Saga is an EXCELLENT read. Any and all of the books are at least worth one go-around

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 07:52 PM
Darth Putte

They are good books, Iīve read until the chaos war, the only thing that I donīt like there is that it became too big! Challenging the creator of everything and so on...smile A bit too much for me...

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 10:21 PM
Darth Putte is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Putte a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Putte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zinh

quote: (post)
Originally posted by starshine
I love dragonlance, but I like deathgate books more.

I will have to agree I think.

I love the deathgate books so much big grin Its been about 5 years since I read them so I may have to again.

heres a link to what they are about http://dgc.dfxwebs.com/books/

If you like fizban(or zifnab smile as he is in DG) youll like this series big grin

Last edited by zinh on Apr 4th, 2005 at 09:30 AM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 09:23 AM
zinh is currently offline Click here to Send zinh a Private Message Find more posts by zinh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

I love dragonlance books love

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 11:48 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

I liked the first trilogy.... read them after I'd played the AD&D adventures, just to see how the authors had envisaged the game going... nothing like the way ours went! When we played them through we ended up with Sturm leading a dwarf army from Thorbardin and conquering the Solinesti, Raistlin and Caramon going against the Queen solo, while Tanis got killed by Ariakis really early on.... tas was a nuisance (but great nonetheless,) and Tika sacrificed herself to save the dragon eggs.... it went really well...

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 12:34 AM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

YEah, the main storyline is the best out of all the ones out there (Tanis, Sturm, Caramon, Raistlin, etc.) The Chronicles, Legends and War of Sould Trilogies are f**kin sweet, all 10 of them (if you include Dragons of Summer Flame). Anyone into fantasy should have a read

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 04:50 AM
neowizard2005
Restricted

Account Restricted

Warning Dragonlance

does anybody read drgonlance if so tell about the ones you've read or how many or hell just say something about dragonlance

Mental Health Worker(director) Neo

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 09:04 PM
neowizard2005 is currently offline Click here to Send neowizard2005 a Private Message Find more posts by neowizard2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

I think you need to post this in the books section.

Although yes I have read it. Its very cool.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 01:17 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

They're friggin' awesome. I already have a thread about this in the Book Discussion forum

Old Post May 13th, 2005 02:43 PM