KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Good Movie....Bad Extras

Good Movie....Bad Extras
Started by: movie_freak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
movie_freak

Angry Good Movie....Bad Extras

Have you got any Dvds which is a good film but has crap special features??

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 08:02 AM
movie_freak is currently offline Click here to Send movie_freak a Private Message Find more posts by movie_freak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

Captain Ron

I love this movie but it doesn't have on single special feature! mad

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 02:17 AM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

John Carpenter's Vampires, Elephant Man, Happiness, Kids, Irreversible...just to name some

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 05:22 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Dawn of the Dead (99 release) ~ Brilliant film, but pretty mundane extras, although the commentary by Tom Savini is it's saving grace.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 08:06 AM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Bulletproof (came in a box set)

The only special features on those were trailers

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 05:42 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

The original LotR:FotR DVD. I wasn't aware that they were coming out w/ an Ext. version at that point, so I was mad, b/c my fave kind of extra is commentary (and deleted scenes)

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 05:57 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SmshtPumkn

Goodfellas was an amazing movie but the DVD had nothing as far as special features... And of course who can forget Office Space? One of my favorite movies but the disc really has nothing special...

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 11:46 PM
SmshtPumkn is currently offline Click here to Send SmshtPumkn a Private Message Find more posts by SmshtPumkn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Spider-Man. Laughably bad (extras, not movie)

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 04:51 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

matrix 1

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 03:46 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sugar Kane
Queen of the Pig People

Region 2 sucks!!

There are so many discs that I have that are just vanilla editions...on region 2, here are a few examples-:

Rushmore
Grosse Pointe Blank
The Big Lebowski

It's about time region 2 had special editions, methinks...

I know that there are some great region one discs out there, like the criterion editions of Rushmore and Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas(we don't even have a vanilla edition of this!!mad ), but we haven't had so much as whisper about them on these shores... sad

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 08:01 PM
Sugar Kane is currently offline Click here to Send Sugar Kane a Private Message Find more posts by Sugar Kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gstu

How about Titanic....the biggest movie of all time and it had nothing!!! There is so much that could have gone on that, at LEAST a 2 disc set. I am hoping they re-release that at some point in a special extended version with many extra's. Even though the movie was like 3 hours and 30 minutes, there is still about 45 minutes of footage they did not use. Maybe even more!!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 04:10 PM
Gstu is currently offline Click here to Send Gstu a Private Message Find more posts by Gstu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sugar Kane
Queen of the Pig People

quote:
Originally posted by Gstu
How about Titanic....the biggest movie of all time and it had nothing!!! There is so much that could have gone on that, at LEAST a 2 disc set. I am hoping they re-release that at some point in a special extended version with many extra's. Even though the movie was like 3 hours and 30 minutes, there is still about 45 minutes of footage they did not use. Maybe even more!!

I think there is a S:E in the pipeline- the vanilla edition has been advertised everywhere in the UK for a mere £5.99- in my experienece, they usually release a S:E after there is a sudden price drop of the vanilla release. mad I might be wrong, but I think that is what is happening...

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 04:13 PM
Sugar Kane is currently offline Click here to Send Sugar Kane a Private Message Find more posts by Sugar Kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
buffymitch
Colossus

I bought spiderman thinkig i would enjoy the extras for like maybe 5 hours. All the extras sucked. No real in depth info and even the bloopers sucked.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 08:19 PM
buffymitch is currently offline Click here to Send buffymitch a Private Message Find more posts by buffymitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Yeah that DVD was terrible

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 10:25 PM
[D_A]Kherr

Last Action Hero. It had nothing but the movie. Nothing.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 04:27 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnny_rotten

I don't usually watch the extras on a DVD. Fed up with being dissapointed so often.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 09:52 PM
johnny_rotten is currently offline Click here to Send johnny_rotten a Private Message Find more posts by johnny_rotten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

The Predator movies and Phone Booth

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 04:36 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Soth
Spider-Man. Laughably bad (extras, not movie)

No, the movie too. smile

Mortal Kombat. Kickass movie, but the only special feature is "character profiles" that are ripped from the manual of the first game.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 11:30 PM
VengeanceGOD is currently offline Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by VengeanceGOD
No, the movie too. smile
Yeah, when I first saw Spider-Man, I really enjoyed it, but it got cheesier every time, and now I just don't like it much anymore......

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 05:45 AM
Punker69

Hey you guys got to give the old movies some credit they didnt have dvds back then.And they didnt think to make some extra features and save them for a dvd.Life Goodfellas and the predator movies and Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison.

The Ones the Matrix had a good special feature.It went on for like a 45 min.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 07:58 AM
Punker69 is currently offline Click here to Send Punker69 a Private Message Find more posts by Punker69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote