KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Sw affection

Sw affection
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

Sw affection

How did you came in contact with SW? What about your family?

The first 'date' of my parents when they got married was going to the movies. They saw ANH!!

One of my fathers brothers had a young son. When he had money he had to put it on the bank... but he didn't do that one time and he bought 3 action figures with his money... those action figures are now in my room; very happy with my own action figures of EpI and my Y-wing...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2001 08:49 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

My parents bought a VCR back in like 1987 when they first came out, and it was a really big deal, and the first movie we watched was ESB and Back to the Future. I have all those Micro-Machines fighters, and action figures and all that tapes, the Speical edition and all that other good stuff. I plan on adding the DVD to my collection next week smokin'

Old Post Oct 13th, 2001 08:55 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I was five at my grandmothers. I watched 10 minutes or so of The Empire Strikes Back. I didn't know what it was. My mother said "That's Star Wars, it's pretty popular."

So my grandmother taped it on Showtime the next day for me.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 13th, 2001 10:27 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I was born just after ANH came out. My brother had just watched it and he was nuts about it; all I got in my head from day one onwards was Star Wars, Star Wars, Star Wars...

Over the next few years through till when ROTJ was released and even after- with me still too young to truly appreciate the films- my brother bought tons of SW merchandise and I, naturally, competed with him to get stuff. Well, they WERE cool toys.

Then I grew a little older, watched the films again, got a true understanding with them, started to collect on my own accord...

And then there was the period where Lucasarts just released one high quality SW game after another, and I bought and played the lot, and then not long after that the countdown to The Phantom Menace started.

So really, there hasn't been any part of my life EVER when Star Wars wasn't a large part of my lesuire time.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 13th, 2001 10:54 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
VCR back in like 1987 when they first came out

hmmm I had a VCR in the begining of the 80`s.
My sister bought me the comic of SW, it came before the film. I was hooked, then my brother took me to the Norwegian premiere on Boxing day 1977 and it was one of the coolest day in my life. smile

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 07:45 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

My mom took me to see ANH when it was first released in the summer of 1977. I saw it at the Odeon in Beckeham.

I remember going to the loo before the show started and got lost, I walked into the theater by mistake istead of going back to the lobby. I walked in just in time to see Biggs flying in for a run at the Deathstar.

I was 8 years old at the time, about a month before my 9th birthday.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 10:59 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Finti is right, Tex, videos came out in the early 80's. Betamax, and all that...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 11:34 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I saw ANH for the first time when I was 4. My daycare center would take us to the public library and we would watch movies down in the basement viewing room. I saw ANH a couple of times there over the next few years.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 11:46 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

My dad took the whole family to see it in 1977 and then everytime another came out. I was 8 when I saw ANH.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 11:57 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

RC it's "mum" with a "U". smile

I don't remember when I first saw it. It's just always been there.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 03:01 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

when I think about it; this all was pre-destinated; all my family-members know sw (they're not big fans but they appreciated it).
It's all strange how it all worked out...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 03:24 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I can remember which relatives gave me which SW toys though.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2001 03:45 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

George Lucas brought me to Return of the Jedi, because he's my dad.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 15th, 2001 05:36 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Finti is right, Tex, videos came out in the early 80's. Betamax, and all that...

I'm talking about VHS, not that cheap Beta crap roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 15th, 2001 05:44 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Actually Betmax and VHS were very similar systems, quality wise. It was Video2000 that was the superior home video system, but that didn't make it.
If anything, VHS IS crap and it always has been. Man, since I got DVD I almost can't bear to watch my VHS's anymore. I already had that since I started working in the tv business but it's worse now.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2001 08:11 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Oh pullllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese..video's not so bad..

Old Post Oct 15th, 2001 10:13 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yes it is.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2001 10:58 AM
finti

No it is not

Old Post Oct 15th, 2001 01:56 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Auto tracking makes it bearable*sigh*
Thank god I have DVD

Old Post Oct 15th, 2001 03:08 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Texas- VHS and Betamax came out at the SAME time, early 80's, and Betamax was, as queeq says, better. Bit confused, my poor Texan friend?

But yes, video is crud.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 15th, 2001 06:47 PM