KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Mercedes Lackey [merged]

Mercedes Lackey [merged]
Started by: Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 08:07 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hpxmenlotrnerd

Question Mercedes Lackey

I just finished reading a fantastic book by Mercedes Lackey that I absolutely loved. It was called the Black Swan and I was just wondering if anyone knew if Lackey had written any sequels to it. The ending is very final and it doesn't really need a sequel but anythings possible. I just don't want it to all be left to the imagination since it could go anywhere from there. I liked it a lot more than the tv adapted version called the swan princess. this one was much more exciting and deep. Well if anyone knows of sequels that shes written to that let me know.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 09:46 PM
hpxmenlotrnerd is currently offline Click here to Send hpxmenlotrnerd a Private Message Find more posts by hpxmenlotrnerd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Antoinette
Touched by Brazils Love

No sorry..I don't know of anyno

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 10:01 PM
Antoinette is currently offline Click here to Send Antoinette a Private Message Find more posts by Antoinette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RavenBlack

Is there a distinct possibility that someone can email me at [email protected] with the contents of page 208 of Winds of Fate? My copy has one hell of a misprint, resulting in 208 becoming a copy of page 245.

Anyways, I think my faves are the Darian's Tale trilogy...I thoroughly enjoyed all three.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 04:02 AM
RavenBlack is currently offline Click here to Send RavenBlack a Private Message Find more posts by RavenBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I loved them too - Keisha was my favourite character.

I'm afraid I don't have a copy of Winds, i borrow them from my best mate, and she's in Wales at the moment...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 01:03 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

I loooove Mercedes Lackey; she is one of the most talented writers!

Old Post May 25th, 2005 06:47 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zachara
Lady Knight

Agreed, one the greats.

Though I`m reading Take A Thief right now and its a bit hard to get through. And man is it ever hard to read what they`re saying sometimes because it`s all slang.

ex: "Mebbe. Somethin`i`th`air. Not like white shirts t`be i`th` chancy parts`uv town. Somethin`s up. an`lots`uv forners pretendin`not t`be forners lurkin`about, i`taverns, askin`questions, little too casual-like."

And this is one of the mild conversations.

"To Yoda's English class, welcome you, do I. Put subject before verb, fail this class will you." *pokes with small cane* "Listening to me , you are not. Unwise of you, that is. For a detention with Lady Knight Zachara, will you earn. And survive that, you might not."

Old Post May 26th, 2005 05:35 PM
Zachara is currently offline Click here to Send Zachara a Private Message Find more posts by Zachara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Lol yeah that's a good one; my favourite ones are Magic's Price, Magic's Promise, and Magic's Pawn however. Well and just any books with the Hawkbrothers, cuz they are just so cool big grin

Old Post May 27th, 2005 11:30 PM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue20
Princess Of Despair

I really like Mercedes Lackey's books. I have read a lot of them. My favorites are The Heralds of Valdemar trilogy with Talia. I also like Black Swan and the one with the two mercenaries. I think that they are well written and imaginative characters that you start to hope that they get what they wished or if evil what is coming to them. I think if they made at least one movie about one of Meredes Lackey books I would go and so would other people that I know. rolling on floor laughing

Don't make me hurt you. Cause you know I can.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 11:08 PM
Rogue20 is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue20 a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue20 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue20
I really like Mercedes Lackey's books. I have read a lot of them. My favorites are The Heralds of Valdemar trilogy with Talia. I also like Black Swan and the one with the two mercenaries. I think that they are well written and imaginative characters that you start to hope that they get what they wished or if evil what is coming to them. I think if they made at least one movie about one of Meredes Lackey books I would go and so would other people that I know. rolling on floor laughing

Yeah those ones were really good too ^.^

And a movie made from one of her books would be SO cool big grin

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 03:51 AM
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Anybody read Mercedes Lackey still?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 07:18 PM
Lord Shadow Z

I remember reading 'The Chrome Borne' when I was in my teens...back then I only read Sci-Fi/Fantasy books but now a I'm a lot more diverse. I honestly can't remember what it was about but I do know I enjoyed it because the author certainly rang a bell somewhere in my head when I saw this thread.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2011 04:54 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote