KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Do you prefer to go to the movie theater or watch movies at home?

Do you prefer to go to the movie theater or watch movies at home?
Started by: xtreemgmr84

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xtreemgmr84

Do you prefer to go to the movie theater or watch movies at home?

Movies theaters were a thrill for me when I was a kid. But, as I got older I began to notice that popcorn costs $10.00, people talking, rattling their candy bags, coughing, the noise of the ice banging around and the straw squawking up and down in the soda cup, young kids becoming restless and people trying to crawl over me to get to the bathroom or concession stands, etc. I’d rather just watch movies at home anymore. My ultimate goal is to get the perfect home theater system, but I don’t happen to have 5 grand lying around. They had a sweepstakes for the new Tony Hawk's Underground game where they had you send in a digital picture of yourself to enter for a 65 inch HDTV and a home theater system ~ which is exactly what I wanted. Needless to say I didn’t end up winning it, but at least the game looks like it’ll be great. I’m hoping more gaming companies will do this sort of thing. Maybe I’ll win the next one. So, anyway, is anyone else feelin me on the annoying aspects of movie theaters these days?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 10:40 PM
xtreemgmr84 is currently offline Click here to Send xtreemgmr84 a Private Message Find more posts by xtreemgmr84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

ya i remember wen popcorn was a 50 cents and soda was a nickel. well actually no i dont im only 15.... but although movie theaters r kinda annoying i prefer them. mostly becuz my parents pay for me

great sig made by hegemon

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 02:51 AM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

lol. Well the movies are more of social thing, i only go with my mates. Alone it aint worth it and its too damn expensive.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 06:40 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i'd c the movies in a theater

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 02:11 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

ya i got my parents money

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 02:48 AM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

LOL ME 2. i dont know yet so i'll have2wait for like 6 yearz may b more

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 11:24 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

ya same here

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 11:37 PM
xtreemgmr84

Well, I guess maybe I'm just a little hyper-sensitive to the distractions. Don't get me wrong ~ nothing beats the size of the screen, the sound & picture quality (well, at least in a digital theater) and the atmosphere and popcorn smell of a bonified movie theater... but, nothing quite beats the ultimate home theater system either! (mmmmmmmm.... plasma screen..... *drool*)

Any of you guys gamers? That's another reason why I want a great home theater system. If only I'd won that Tony Hawk Underground contest. Have you played it? If you're into skateboarding games, it's a must-have. The customization features are awesome-->thugonline-dot-com.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 12:22 AM
xtreemgmr84 is currently offline Click here to Send xtreemgmr84 a Private Message Find more posts by xtreemgmr84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

ya ive played th underground that game rocks. i wish i had something more then a 18' t.v

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 12:11 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I have a 51" at home, with surround sound dolby 5.0 and sub woofer.
Ahhh... smile

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 12:20 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

dude im hitchin the next flight to new zealand and stealin all of ur stuff

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 05:11 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

laughing You're quite welcome to come down and watch T2 on the big screen.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 12:36 AM
carnage713

thanks ill be there in a hour

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 12:59 AM
vibz

i prefer watchin at home coz movies are too expensive especially if ur older bro scabs money off u all da time so u're left with almost nothin miffed

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 02:02 AM
vibz is currently offline Click here to Send vibz a Private Message Find more posts by vibz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

ya i love indemend. with one clik of a button i get n e new release i want

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 03:33 AM
alic88
Barzakh

i just got a 60 inch lg flatscreen plasma tv and also have that 61 inch sony tv but id still watch a movie in the theater

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 06:12 PM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

lol nice.
Vibz ur dead.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 04:01 AM
crAZRick
I'm God here!

I know we're all fans, some more rabid and hardcore, concerned, confused, etc etc than others... but then to see in posts like this one, everyone arguing or agreeing about what format to best see the films on, its kinda laughable...

the same people who rail against the T3 movie/story/actors/etc etc some say 'Yeh, I only saw the flick 13 times at the theater this time, because a)it sucked so bad, and b)its so expensive at the theater and the theater is so noisy and etc etc... usually I see movies 100 times at the theater, but for T3, only 13...' or 'Yeh, I only saw T3 1 time in the theater (a because it sucked and b because the noise) but when I saw the VHS it sorta grew on me, then I bought the DVD and was like WOW! they did a good DVD, then I got the SE VHS and was like aww same as DVD, THEN I got the SE DVD and was like WOW again because I saw the SE DVD on my best friends uncle's neighbors super surround sound home theater that he had set up like a drive in, with rear projection onto the wall of his barn 4 acres away from his house.. it was so cool!'

you all complain, and yet you fork over the very money to the machines who spew out the next level, the next layer the next horrid sequel... it's funny, and fun to read...

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 03:20 AM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 04:22 PM
crAZRick
I'm God here!

!

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 04:27 PM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote