KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Cyclops / Scott Summers

Cyclops / Scott Summers
Started by: Elanor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (62): « First ... « 58 59 [60] 61 62 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silke
ME.

ditto (to Ridley Prime's statement).

I'm a great fan of both characters but I would never place Nightcrawler above Cyclops when it comes to leadership or all the feats Cyclops has shown. They are both amazing characters, and where Scott excels in leadership, there are other areas in which Kurt has a definite leg up on him (or can anyone imagine Cyclops working the trapeze? wink ) Anyway, they are both great, and you don't have to devaluate one in order to make the other shine. In fact, doing so only takes away from the one you are trying to promote by casting a bad light on him, simply by the fact that his promoter is behaving in a troll-ish fashion *shrugs*

Bobby (speaking of Scott):
"Once, I saw him relax. He made me promise I wouldn't tell."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 10:00 AM
Silke is currently offline Click here to Send Silke a Private Message Find more posts by Silke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nighty101

oh hell no cyclops sux
face it besides the fact that he jumped out of a plane and his family died (thought his bro did but turned up later with similar powers but with hands) he has no origin. That is what makes a charachter. How about -
Born in an unknown location in the bavarian alps chased by a mob, chucked over a bridge into a river, gets rescued and joins a circus traveling all over germany. Captured, drugged, put in a freak show. Escapes, accidentally murders his only brother that he knows about, escapes, gets chased by mobs all across germany, is rescued by Xavier, joins a crime fighting team of mutants, finds out his mom is one of the worst female villains in history (right after Scarlet Witch who by the way is his wife in another demension!) and that his brother is evil. .. Hows that for an origin compared to cykes dumb story.

(Magneto, Mistique, and Sabretooth are soooooo screwed)

Old Post May 11th, 2009 02:11 AM
Nighty101 is currently offline Click here to Send Nighty101 a Private Message Find more posts by Nighty101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nighty101
oh hell no cyclops sux
face it besides the fact that he jumped out of a plane and his family died (thought his bro did but turned up later with similar powers but with hands) he has no origin. That is what makes a charachter. How about -
Born in an unknown location in the bavarian alps chased by a mob, chucked over a bridge into a river, gets rescued and joins a circus traveling all over germany. Captured, drugged, put in a freak show. Escapes, accidentally murders his only brother that he knows about, escapes, gets chased by mobs all across germany, is rescued by Xavier, joins a crime fighting team of mutants, finds out his mom is one of the worst female villains in history (right after Scarlet Witch who by the way is his wife in another demension!) and that his brother is evil. .. Hows that for an origin compared to cykes dumb story.

I see it now Nighty. You have no idea what you're talking about. You don't read comics at all. All you do is watch the cartoons and movies and guage your opinons off of that and come here debating those feats and stuff. You have yet to cite any comic sources to back your claims or anything frankly because you never read them or at least took the time to look up whats going on. You hate Cyclops because you don't understand him. You don't know anything about him, all you know is what you see on tv.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post May 11th, 2009 02:26 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
LiZod

oh hell no cyclops sux

Sig by Rao Kal El

http///www.raptorrules.com

Old Post May 11th, 2009 02:35 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

laughing
I guess the fact Wei Phoenix had to repeat himself twice on the issue sure says a lot stick out tongue, but even then, Nighty probably still won't get it. no

Old Post May 11th, 2009 02:41 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nighty101

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I see it now Nighty. You have no idea what you're talking about. You don't read comics at all. All you do is watch the cartoons and movies and guage your opinons off of that and come here debating those feats and stuff. You have yet to cite any comic sources to back your claims or anything frankly because you never read them or at least took the time to look up whats going on. You hate Cyclops because you don't understand him. You don't know anything about him, all you know is what you see on tv.

not true. I do my research not only in comics but i also do my homework on marvel . com. Thats how i grew to love nightcrawler. I saw him on TV THEN i went online and read up my history. I read Scott's whole back ground on marvel . com and i've read x-men comics left and right. They turned a character with great potential into a love fest with jean grey and emma that ruined the whole thing. Even the picture on there was of their happy lil wedding day blech! I mean i know that there should be a lil love just to keep things going but not that freakin much... and you've got the on and off thing with gambit and rogue, a lil awkward but okay. Soo everyone had a love life. But im glad they didn't **** up Nighty's small relationship and turn it into some huge soap opera *Kicks copy of x-men evolution to the side* like they did with Jean Grey and Emma and Scott.

(Magneto, Mistique, and Sabretooth are soooooo screwed)

Old Post May 16th, 2009 07:20 AM
Nighty101 is currently offline Click here to Send Nighty101 a Private Message Find more posts by Nighty101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

you don't like cyclops. thats nice. we do. you aren't going to change our opinion and we don't give a sh** about yours. you've said your piece, and voiced your dislike of cyclops. wonderful. we all know what your feelings are on the matter. now if you continue to post stuff like cyke sukorz!!!11 you're just a troll and you need to leave. well, i have a strong feeling you're just a troll anyway and will continue to post crap. oh well. lets just ignore him guys, thats the best way to get him to leave.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 04:58 PM
emporerpants is online now! Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

not true. I do my research not only in comics but i also do my homework on marvel . com. Thats how i grew to love nightcrawler. I saw him on TV THEN i went online and read up my history. I read Scott's whole back ground on marvel . com and i've read x-men comics left and right. They turned a character with great potential into a love fest with jean grey and emma that ruined the whole thing. Even the picture on there was of their happy lil wedding day blech! I mean i know that there should be a lil love just to keep things going but not that freakin much... and you've got the on and off thing with gambit and rogue, a lil awkward but okay. Soo everyone had a love life. But im glad they didn't **** up Nighty's small relationship and turn it into some huge soap opera *Kicks copy of x-men evolution to the side* like they did with Jean Grey and Emma and Scott.

relationships add relatability to characters. it makes them more real. it works in pretty much every medium. always has.

scott didn't meet jean until he was around 15. he'd had TONS of experiences before then, and he had plenty afterwards. yes, there were times when he was defined by his relationship with jean, but that was YEARS ago. before, during, and afterwards, he is one of the most pivotal characters in the x-men's history...

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied Ė chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post May 16th, 2009 06:18 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* quite simply put - you like Wagner, you hate Summers...

* if you donít have anything to say than troll, then better stay out of Cykeís thread... go flood on Kurtís... jeez...

* i canít even imagine the two characters compared like you did... itís very far-fetched...

* Kurt Wagner can shine on himself without the expense of someone like you trying to berate or demean other characters...

Old Post May 18th, 2009 06:13 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

Am i wrong in thinking that cyclops is turning into Professor X, because i noticed that he is keeping secrets about what he is doing from everyone, isnt that what professor x did all those years as the leader?

Old Post May 21st, 2009 09:25 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Originally posted by Shadow_King
Am i wrong in thinking that cyclops is turning into Professor X, because i noticed that he is keeping secrets about what he is doing from everyone, isnt that what professor x did all those years as the leader?

* i hope not... sad

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 06:46 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* holy **** i'm afraid what will happen to Scott... sad

Attachment: he_lost_they_won_ad.jpg
This has been downloaded 69 time(s).

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 12:52 PM
dyajeep

Originally posted by peejayd
* holy **** i'm afraid what will happen to Scott... sad

mad

(please log in to view the image)

mad

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 06:20 AM
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

What the hell..

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 07:14 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
What the hell..

* im afraid what might happen to my favorite character... sad

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 07:17 AM
The Big O
The Original O

what is that? marvel zombies? is that still in print

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 08:30 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by The Big O
what is that? marvel zombies? is that still in print

nope, that's dark reign.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied Ė chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 03:02 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silke
ME.

ooohh .. I want a total and complete spoiler run-down of what's happening there, why it's happening and what the hell people are doing to Scott! *bites lips*

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 04:15 PM
Silke is currently offline Click here to Send Silke a Private Message Find more posts by Silke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by Silke
ooohh .. I want a total and complete spoiler run-down of what's happening there, why it's happening and what the hell people are doing to Scott! *bites lips*

i still owe you a pm., don't i... embarrasment

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 04:45 PM
Silke
ME.

LOL well .. if you can get around to it, I would like for you to send me one, yeah smile No worries though .. I understand busy wink

But .. I'd REALLY like to know what's been happening there .. sounds and looks quite ominous for Cyke!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 05:55 PM